can someone summarize as to what happened b/w Poly and Jk-Forum [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: can someone summarize as to what happened b/w Poly and Jk-Forum

jeepik
11-15-2007, 11:12 AM
i never heard the true story, and before i get my ass handed to me, id like to know what the hell happened that Poly was banned from there

thanks

paragon
11-15-2007, 11:57 AM
i never heard the true story, and before i get my ass handed to me, id like to know what the hell happened that Poly was banned from there

thankssame **** different day

MossMan
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM

thanks

no:thefinger:

jeepik
11-16-2007, 06:44 AM
wow you guys have been a tremendous help

thanks

BigO
11-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Ask both sides what happened. Then you decide what's the truth. I don't think anyone here gives a crap about stuff like that.

Gib
11-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Ask both sides what happened. Then you decide what's the truth. I don't think anyone here gives a crap about stuff like that.
Yep, listen to both of them, if Eddie will even discuss it, and you decide. Only the people that were involved really know what went on.

MichaelW
11-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I think everyone is giving you great advice. I, personally, haven't a clue. I have speculation based upon track history and past events but the real story, I do not know and honestly I really don't care.

I'm glad no one is wanting this to become a rumor and campfire stories thread.

:beer:

GOAT1
11-16-2007, 10:56 AM

thanks

I don't want to hand your ass to you, I want people to know what happed. We definitely made some mistakes and did some things that was probably were not a good idea. A lot of it was a personality conflict, we do well on the Pirate board because it fits who we are and what we do, it is a totally different vibe and atmosphere than over t there on project-jk, Shaffer and a few other companies have had similar problems. Here is the short version:

-We meet Eddie and he takes pictures of our JK products in Moab at EJS, Eddie solicits us to advertise on his website. We had already been watching his website and wanted to advertise when we had products ready.

-July/August-We are ready to start advertising and contact Eddie about advertising, he had some hesitations about it because he did not want to have competition to Northridge, 4wd hardware and other resellers already on his website. We wanted to be there as a manufacturer not a reseller, so he agrees. All of a sudden he backs out, basically Full-Traction did not want him to let us on the board.

-We start running magazine adds and made the mistake of using one of the photos of our JK from his website, Eddie gets pissed about it so we change the magazine ad.

-not being allowed to be a paying advertiser, our posts were edited and eventually banned from the board, we had a few anonymous user names to answer questions people had about our products that were banned as well when Eddie figured it all out.

-Any one who posts about our products on his website gets the response from Eddie about what a crooked, dishonest business we run and to not buy anything from us.

jeepik
11-16-2007, 10:59 AM
thanks Goat

i really appreciate your answer, you are right Eddie will not talk about it.

So no-one really knows what is going. Your side really clears it up

i like your products a lot and its a shame that he will not let us talk about it on his forum

GOAT1
11-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Your at the free world now. Thanks for the compliment and I appreciate your support.

thanks Goat

i really appreciate your answer, you are right Eddie will not talk about it.

So no-one really knows what is going. Your side really clears it up

i like your products a lot and its a shame that he will not let us talk about it on his forum

BigO
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Your at the free world now. Thanks for the compliment and I appreciate your support.

Is posting here taking time away from bumper designing/building? Particularly, the rear bumper with tire carrier? :D :bounce:

paragon
11-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't want to hand your ass to you, I want people to know what happed. We definitely made some mistakes and did some things that was probably were not a good idea. A lot of it was a personality conflict, we do well on the Pirate board because it fits who we are and what we do, it is a totally different vibe and atmosphere than over t there on project-jk, Shaffer and a few other companies have had similar problems. Here is the short version:

-We meet Eddie and he takes pictures of our JK products in Moab at EJS, Eddie solicits us to advertise on his website. We had already been watching his website and wanted to advertise when we had products ready.

-July/August-We are ready to start advertising and contact Eddie about advertising, he had some hesitations about it because he did not want to have competition to Northridge, 4wd hardware and other resellers already on his website. We wanted to be there as a manufacturer not a reseller, so he agrees. All of a sudden he backs out, basically Full-Traction did not want him to let us on the board.

-We start running magazine adds and made the mistake of using one of the photos of our JK from his website, Eddie gets pissed about it, we then pay Eddie for the use of the photo and change the magazine ad.

-not being allowed to be a paying advertiser, our posts were edited and eventually banned from the board, we had a few anonymous user names to answer questions people had about our products that were banned as well when Eddie figured it all out.

-Any one who posts about our products on his website gets the response from Eddie about what a crooked, dishonest business we run and to not buy anything from us.

Definitely the high-road explanation about what happened. Very accurate without fingering some of the questionable things Eddie did.

Kudos

GOAT1
11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Is posting here taking time away from bumper designing/building? Particularly, the rear bumper with tire carrier? :D :bounce:

It is a week at SEMA, a week in Baja and then Thanksgiving. After that it is back to business, we have been working on getting our suspension parts done which will be very shortly, then bumpers.

RotorHead
11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for sharing, Goat. Not that it's really any of our business.

I like the new rear bumper and sliders. Does it have to have the holes in the rear bumper? What are they for, ventilation?

I am extremely interested in availablity dates for your Front Track Bar Bracket and High Steer Draglink Flip Kit. Your site says taking preorders for Nov. 12. I love the reinforcement it gives to the factory mount and I need to level the track bar and drag link. Does the Stabilizer relocation bracket come with it?

Thanks again.

GOAT1
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks for sharing, Goat. Not that it's really any of our business.

I like the new rear bumper and sliders. Does it have to have the holes in the rear bumper? What are they for, ventilation?

I am extremely interested in availablity dates for your Front Track Bar Bracket and High Steer Draglink Flip Kit. Your site says taking preorders for Nov. 12. I love the reinforcement it gives to the factory mount and I need to level the track bar and drag link. Does the Stabilizer relocation bracket come with it?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the interest, the track bar brackets and draglink are finished, just waiting to package them up and write instructions so they should be available soon.

I like tube bumpers but what is behind them is exposed and is not usually very visually appealing. We put plates between some of the tubes to cover it up, the flared holes are not very necessary, some people like them, some don't, but they do allow you to use thinner material and keep or even increase the rigidity of the panel.

RotorHead
11-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Thansk Goat1. I like the bumper, just wonered what it would look like with a solid plate.

Thanks for the update.

paragon
12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Someone pointed out that Eddie has copies of the whole TSB sent to dealers stored on his site..... I wonder, considering his penchant for copyright issues, if he has saught Chrysler's permission to store the dealer version of the PDFs.

It's written at the top of the TSB's pretty clearly:

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler LLC.