Question for those who have cut their ABS line... [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Question for those who have cut their ABS line...

WTF_LOL
02-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey guys,

I am at work right now and just had a quick question...

For those that have cut their ABS lines. What type/gauge/etc is the wire running to the wheel?

I plan on choppin and extending those and just needed to know what to pick up on the way home.

Thanks! :beer:

PhilD
02-19-2009, 08:51 AM
For those that have cut their ABS lines. What type/gauge/etc is the wire running to the wheel?I can't recall what I used, but it was 18, 20 or 22, the factory wires are real thin, especially at the front.

WTF_LOL
02-19-2009, 08:57 AM
I can't recall what I used, but it was 18, 20 or 22, the factory wires are real thin, especially at the front.

Thanks Phil,

I will probably just pick up some 18 gauge then. Was it just standard multistrand wire?

I am surprised, I did not realize they were so thin. really makes you realize how easy they could break :eek:

PhilD
02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
It's just two wires for each, the front is a bit of a pain as it is encased in rubber, the rear is just two wires twisted together.

FWIW I extended mine by about 8" and they are plenty long enough. I also did all the locker wiring.

John L
02-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey Scott, pm me your address if you want, I have some really good 2 conductor cable in a nice thick rubber jacket. I think it's 18 or 20 gauge stranded. It came off our real time x-ray machine, it's designed to flex all day long and not break. I'll send you what you need.

WTF_LOL
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Sweet!

Thanks John!

Just need enough for the front and rear.

oh...Hey, I told Airric00 that when I picked up wire and connectors I would pick up enough for him as well. Do you have that much extra?

I would be happy to send you some $$$ ...If you don't, no worries

PM sent

John L
02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Sweet!

Thanks John!

Just need enough for the front and rear.

oh...Hey, I told Airric00 that when I picked up wire and connectors I would pick up enough for him as well. Do you have that much extra?

I would be happy to send you some $$$ ...If you don't, no worries

PM sent

I have plenty, 1 piece at 33.5 feet, 1 piece at 12 feet, and 1 piece at 11 feet. Just let me know how much you guys need and I'll send it, no charge. I'm a pack rat, it'll just sit here and take up room:)

BTW, it's 20 gauge.

The cable is Iges Chainflex CF130-05-02, here's (http://www.igus.com/pdf/cf130.pdf) the tech sheet on it. Both of the insulator jackets are black, but they are numbered "1" and "2".

See pics below.

Oh, and your pm didn't get through.....

H8T2W8T
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Anyone know what one of the sensors costs? My drivers side sensor broke during extraction yesterday during my axle build up. I'm not sure of the mopar name of this part. Would it be the "front wheel speed sensor"?