Check your flenders!!!!!! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Check your flenders!!!!!!

BeerMonkeY
11-14-2007, 08:11 AM
on a recent wheeling trip my front left flender (fender, flare, whatever you want to call it) decided it no longer wanted to be part of my jeep and left. well i never really looked at how they were atatacthed before untill i had to put it back on, it seems there are SUPPOSED to be 5 bolts holding the inner on and them the outer is held on with clips, well my left fender had NO bolts in it ,there were spots for them but no bolts, now i find it hard to belive 5 bolts came loose and fell out. between those missing bolts and the loose/missing bolts i found on my center console im thinking my jeep must have been a friday jeep.

Jacks Or Better
11-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Well there is a bright side. Fewer bolts to remove when you put on tube flares. :D

BeerMonkeY
11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
thats what i thought, but unfortunalty the other half didnt think so

DoubleDoug
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I have had similar issues with this situation in the past with my Jeep TJ (now replaced with 07' JK). It seems the sales staff needed parts to close another sale and chose to remove parts from my dash and console to close the deal. After some severe threats to return the TJ (through the front door), they somehow found the parts (probley from another lot rig) and I was on my way.