Hello from Saudi Arabia [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Hello from Saudi Arabia

ExpatJeepDude
11-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I am new to this board so I thought I'd say hi. I am from Louisiana but these days I find myself in Saudi. I own an '08 Sahara Unlimited but it is home in Louisiana, where I wish I was too. I hope to be home for a short visit in December so I will get to drive MY new Jeep for the first time. Been a Jeep owner most of my adult life (it IS a Jeep thing). Lots of mods in mind but they will have to wait till June when I am home on annual leave.
More later.:beer:

HuskerRubi
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome and take care over there...

luigi0523
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Welcome! and Howdy! from Golden, Colorado :beer:

MichaelW
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the forum.

My Dad did contract work there many years ago. Other than the money didn't have a lot of nice things to say about the place. Hopefully your experience is better and you are able to get out some and experience the country.

Gib
11-14-2007, 02:33 AM
Welcome Expat. I've been working over here in the middle-east for a while myself. At least it's starting to cool off some.

ExpatJeepDude
11-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, the weather is turning nice. Really pleasant for a change. Like I can walk outside with a bare head and not feel like my brain is cooking.

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving fellow Jeepsters.

Had a great Turkey dinner yesterday. Thank God we can get Butterball Turkeys over here.

I am now counting down the days till I fly home. 9 days and counting...

ExpatJeepDude
11-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Welcome Expat. I've been working over here in the middle-east for a while myself. At least it's starting to cool off some.

Got a few friends here who came in from Iraq. How's it going up there?

Gib
12-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Got a few friends here who came in from Iraq. How's it going up there?
Sorry I didn't get to this earlier I've been off the net for a while. Things are looking pretty good. A whole lot better than they did six months ago. I hope you had a safe trip back home.