Removing the infinity System. [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Removing the infinity System.

shaun raney
02-14-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm planning on upgrading my entire sound system in the Jeep.

Has anyone ever COMPLETELY removed the infinity system?

Are the harnesses for the system completely removable or are they attached in with the BUS system?

SimpleMan
02-14-2009, 08:13 AM
What are your plans on the infinity system?

ProZack
02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
The radios are in the bus system.

It can be changed out as there are plenty of people on here that have done it. I am not sure of the procedure though.

shaun raney
02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
The radios are in the bus system.

It can be changed out as there are plenty of people on here that have done it. I am not sure of the procedure though.

Hmm ok. Maybe I'll just sell the HU, Amp, Speakers and sub instead of all the connectors that are exsiting.

gold knight
02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
A lot of people are replacing the amp with the Nitro unit as the power to the rear speakers isn't limited. Supposedly it was tuned down on the Wrangler to avoid sound bar rattle.

Something to think about if you wanted to keep the Mopar amp, but I guess you're replacing the whole system.

shaun raney
02-14-2009, 09:52 PM
A lot of people are replacing the amp with the Nitro unit as the power to the rear speakers isn't limited. Supposedly it was tuned down on the Wrangler to avoid sound bar rattle.

Something to think about if you wanted to keep the Mopar amp, but I guess you're replacing the whole system.

Yes. I'm going with 4 new 6.5" component speakers with an Alpine PDX-5, a new 10" sub and a Pioneer AVICF90BT