Nor Cal roll call [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Nor Cal roll call

Pages : [1] 2

Eugene
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey, is there any JK's north of the Tehachapees(sp?) in or around the SF Bay Area. Went snow wheeling up to Eagle Lakes with a local group from the other forum but don't see any trips scheduled for us here. I know there are a few, but lets see how many. Maybe we can schedule a meet and greet or a snow trip. Or maybe a spring run.
And if there are any locals that belong to JK-****** and are in hiding here, you can email me directly hndymn418@aol.com ,:)

cab76
02-12-2009, 10:28 PM
There are a few nor cal members on the board. I'm up near Sacramento. Snow trip or spring run sounds good.

Eugene
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Holly beJeepers... at this rate we could hold a M@G in a phone booth. I know over "there" at least a dozen JK's. I need some cards to pass out. The only good news is with the San Andreas fault, SoCal is slowly moving north.

MichaelW
02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm in Northern Nevada. So I could easily meet up with you guys for most Sierra runs. I know several up here that we could get together.

The phonebooth is getting smaller.

Eugene
02-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Sounds like fun though I'll have to miss it. This club I run with is planning a run out to Boards Crossing Rd off of Hwy 4. That should be fun. I'll try to see if I can get some of the others interested. It's tough when you can't post across boards. Next time we get together I'll post here, and maybe we can get a few more. I especially will talk up the JK Owners meet at the Hammers as it gets closer. That should wrinkle a few eyebrows. Any ideas for a first meeting, there is a Starbucks near hear with a table and 3 chairs. That should work:laughing2:

Eugene
02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm in Northern Nevada. So I could easily meet up with you guys for most Sierra runs. I know several up here that we could get together.

Cool.....we'll need more chiars:beer:

LoPo
02-15-2009, 11:14 AM

x 2. If you guys come over to the sierras, I'll join up.

Eugene
02-15-2009, 05:34 PM
x 2. If you guys come over to the sierras, I'll join up.

I like the idea of you guys being where you are. Since most of the wheeling is in the Sierras, it is great to have some local imput on weather and trails and such. Maybe by the end of winter we can schedule a snow run up in your neck of the woods so we can all meet. An overnighter would be great way to meet as it is more informal and friendly than meeting in a restaurant. Nothing is better than chewing the fat/shooting the **** by a campfire.

JeepThing
02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
It would be great to get a JKO run together up here in the Sierra's. With all of the new snow up here, the conditions are great. Rubirobv and I traded emails this weekend, but didn't hook up in time. It sounds like he had a great run up Hwy 50. And a buddy and I got into some deep snow off Hwy 20 over the weekend. It was an awesome day!

I'd like to try and do another snow run on March 7th, anyone game? I may do a half day run Saturday morning too, if anyone wants to come.

Eugene
02-16-2009, 11:36 PM
It would be great to get a JKO run together up here in the Sierra's. With all of the new snow up here, the conditions are great. Rubirobv and I traded emails this weekend, but didn't hook up in time. It sounds like he had a great run up Hwy 50. And a buddy and I got into some deep snow off Hwy 20 over the weekend. It was an awesome day!

I'd like to try and do another snow run on March 7th, anyone game? I may do a half day run Saturday morning too, if anyone wants to come.

Great! Since you guys kive up there and know where the good places to wheel are keep us informed. I'd like to find a trail with fresh snow. That seems the most fun. March 7th would be great:bounce: Lets start a plan. Basically a place to meet, and a time to be there.:)

JeepThing
02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Great! Since you guys kive up there and know where the good places to wheel are keep us informed. I'd like to find a trail with fresh snow. That seems the most fun. March 7th would be great:bounce: Lets start a plan. Basically a place to meet, and a time to be there.:)

Hi Eugene. I ran Gaston Grade out of the town of Washington over the weekend and the snow was great! We were in 4' around the 5,000' level and it was coming down heavy. I think this is the trail that you were on for Winter Fun Fest. I've got some pics posted in the trail runs section.

There are plenty of great places out of Nevada City/Grass Valley for a run. We could meet in town and head out from here. Just depends on what the weather is like between now and then. I saw the pictures from your run on Fordyce a week ago. I'll bet driveline hill has at least 5' of snow on it now ... just a week after you guys were driving up it with no snow. It's amazing how fast things can change!

Eugene
02-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Gaston Grade was fun with the smow that we had, so I bet it was extreme fun now. Sounds like we have a date for March 7. Let's see who'll come also.

JeepThing
02-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Any other NorCal peeps out there. ???

I'm still up for a snow run on March 7th. My wife has the day off and I'd like to bring my son and daughter, ages 9 & 10. They're looking forward to going. Anyone else bringing family along?

I normally have my wife and girls along, but my two youngest have basketball games that day and my oldest will be coaching and ref'ing all day. I may be able to talk my 13 year old into coming though, we'll see. Looking forward to it! :bounce:

MaRShiN
03-19-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm in the Sacramento area, add me to the list of "wanting to ride somewhere."

jonb96150
03-19-2009, 01:48 PM
South Lake Tahoe here. I don't do snow runs normally because I get to shovel enough of it as it is! But I might make an exception!:D

Eugene
03-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the Nor Cal section. We did a snow run a few weeks back and had a blast. Now that spring is about here I think the snow runs are done. We definetly need to plan a run before it gets to warm, I want a campfire and I know they slap the restrictions on early. I will leave it to those who live closer to the Sierras to possibly come up with a few ideas for places to go. Look forward to meeting you all.:)

Eugene
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Anybody up for a Rubicon trail run memorial weekend ? Could be cold but fun. :bounce:

Might go, but how crowded would it be?

JeepThing
03-19-2009, 11:55 PM
I want a campfire and I know they slap the restrictions on early.

Hey Eugene, here's a couple of campfire picts to tide you over. :D The girls and I went on a night run last Saturday. We had a great time and the snow conditions were awesome! (would have invited you guys, but we were guests on a club run)

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/Henness%20Pass%20Night%20Snow%20Run%20-%2014Mar2009/IMG_3987.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/Henness%20Pass%20Night%20Snow%20Run%20-%2014Mar2009/IMG_3989.jpg

Anybody up for a Rubicon trail run memorial weekend ? Could be cold but fun. :bounce:

That sounds fun Rob! We usually take the boat out for the first time that weekend. I'll have to run this past the planning committee (wife and three girls :D). I'm a little out numbered, but we'll see. I would definately like to run the Rubicon with you guys this year.

MaRShiN and jonb ... I look forward to meeting you on the trails!

jonb96150
03-20-2009, 07:49 AM

Memorial Day is pretty early. You would prolly be slogging through a lot of snow on the Tahoe side. I can take a ride up to the Tahoe trailhead closer to that date and check it out. It's about 45 minutes from me.

I have belonged to the Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo's for 20 years and we used to be the only club maintaining the trail from the Lake to the Springs. Now that the trail is so popular it became too big a chore and we have help from Friends of the Rubicon (a great outfit, check em out). We had to work extra hard when folks would go through while the the trail was snowy/muddy. And early wheeling is becoming a land use issue here at the Lake due to the sediment making it's way into the Lake. So now the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency is starting to apply pressure to Eldorado & Placer counties to mitigate the erosion issues. And USFS is getting involved as well.

So please be careful when you go in early, it has more implications than you might be aware of. Or go from Loon to the springs and then back out to Loon again, as the snow usually melts on that side earlier than on the Tahoe side.

But if we don't get any more big dumps Memorial day might find a dry trail but we all better hope not!

MaRShiN
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
supposed to get snow this weekend down to 3000 ft. it's my buddies 30th b-day this weekend so Ill be drunk saturday and hung-over sunday anyway :(

LoPo
03-21-2009, 11:06 PM
would love to do a Rubicon run, won't be ready until I replace my front axle, lockers, and gears which will hopefully be around June.

Replacing my skycrapper 4 inch lift with a TFLA 6inch this week.

Eugene
03-21-2009, 11:24 PM
I know what you mean about wheeling on wet trails. I try to minimize leaving ruts but there are a bunch of "yahoos" out there that think it's fun. And we all know what those ruts are like when they dry out. As far as a time to go all I need is a little notice. The last few times I have been up there we try to start the trail on a Thursday or Friday to beat the weekenders. So if possible a mid week run might be in order, that is if we can work out vacations and such. But I do want to try a late spring overnighter if possible, but really doesn't have to be the Rubicon.:D

Monty
03-22-2009, 03:22 PM
i'm just outside of sacramento. been waiting to lift the jk before i make any of these runs. hope to do that real soon so i can join you guys.

rage344
03-25-2009, 03:06 PM
hey brand new to the jeep game i bought one yesterday and i would love to get my nice new/used jeep all dirty anyone vailable to go out this weekend somewhere i live in monterey on the navy installation out here and been dying out here with nothing to do

mmccurdy
03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for posting. Welcome to the phone booth :D. Hollister hills is a good place to go. I think it's about halfway between the bay area and monterey. I'd be happy to meet you out there some time. This weekend is not good as I am preparing for a trip to johnson valley.

:beer::beer:

Also heads up that HH is closed this weekend, I think for a motocross race... seems like these days you have a good shot at meeting up with a bunch of Bay Area JK'ers almost any weekend you pick :grinpimp:

rage344
03-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Awesome im so glad i found this site i really want to get out there and use my jeep i want to try and start a club or something up out here good excuse to drink some beers with like minded people would anybody be intrested the closest other club is a ways away so if there are people intrested pm or shoot me an email :beer:

mmccurdy
03-26-2009, 10:29 PM
mmccurdy

Nice to see you here. I was looking at your death valley pic's. Very nice. Who's in the jpl sweatshirt, making rocket fuel ? :D

er... that would be me :beer:

yeah DV and Mojave was a good time for sure, now I'm trying to figure out what to start planning next :jeep2:

More pics up at my .mac gallery actually, sorry they're broken up across days -- there were a lot of pics from the whole trip:

Day 0 - Packing up, etc. (http://gallery.me.com/mmccurdy#100244)
Day 1 - Funeral Range (http://gallery.me.com/mmccurdy#100251)
Day 2 - Defense Mine (http://gallery.me.com/mmccurdy#100261)
Day 3 - Goler Wash (http://gallery.me.com/mmccurdy#100265)
Day 4 - Random Rockhounding (http://gallery.me.com/mmccurdy#100267)
Day 5 - Hole in the Wall, Mojave Rd. (http://gallery.me.com/mmccurdy#100283)
Day 6- Triangles, Camping (http://gallery.me.com/mmccurdy#100294)

rage344
03-27-2009, 09:39 AM
any one up for this weekend i know its short notice but i would love to get out and try my rubi out

rage344
04-13-2009, 09:33 AM
i am trying to go but i might have to work

MaRShiN
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
rubirobv, I won't be able to leave thursday. Ill be leaving friday around 8 or 9 and gettin there 5ish Friday evening, camp, and be ready for a saturday of wheelin

Eugene
04-14-2009, 06:46 PM
All you guys show them that NorCal rocks. Man I wish I could go but my son is having his first solo recital that Sunday. I had it all worked out too. Oh well, this year you guys work out all the bugs and next year it will be awesome.
Have a blast:)

burrellboas
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM
im here in martinez ca. and would love to get together some time.

rage344
04-27-2009, 08:31 PM
im here in martinez ca. and would love to get together some time.

where is that in relation to monterey? im thinking about gettin a group together to come play in hollister in a few weeks gotta recover from the jko meet whos in?

Mule'Con
04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Paul here from Norcal (santa rosa), and I will be checking out the tahoe side of the rubicon trail on Mothers Day, May 8-10. I'll be the red ruby, & my buddy will have his silver X(Nevada plates). Keep me in mind for any Sierra trips.

burrellboas
04-29-2009, 09:46 PM
hey Rage, 2 weeks ago i got down to monterey in about 1 hour. not too far at all. i would be down for a trip. ive had my jk for a bout a year and havent been able to drive it really since i got it. havent even taken it out wheeling yet. my lisence got suspended 3 days after i bought it and ill be leagal again may 8 so im looking for some fun soon afteer.

JeepThing
04-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Hey Guys ,

Just a suggestion. Lance gave us a NorCal regional forum. It would be nice to post there instead of the southwest forum. We call it the phonebooth because we don't have many NorCal members. Lets grow this thing:beer:

Good call rubirobv. Maybe the mods could move this thread to the 'Phonebooth' forum for us.

rage344
04-30-2009, 02:23 PM
hey Rage, 2 weeks ago i got down to monterey in about 1 hour. not too far at all. i would be down for a trip. ive had my jk for a bout a year and havent been able to drive it really since i got it. havent even taken it out wheeling yet. my lisence got suspended 3 days after i bought it and ill be leagal again may 8 so im looking for some fun soon afteer.

good my jeep will be done next week and we can head up to hollister or their are a few place that isnt really wheeling but some nice off road driving places around here.

rage344
05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
yeah i know but being my first trip out ever i didnt know if i had the skill to try it i should have just said screw it but you live you learn right next week i get all my new river raider stuff i cant wait to do the install i do have a question i am thinking about getting better rock rails does any body have suggestions

Mule'Con
05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah i know but being my first trip out ever i didnt know if i had the skill to try it i should have just said screw it but you live you learn right next week i get all my new river raider stuff i cant wait to do the install i do have a question i am thinking about getting better rock rails does any body have suggestions

Get slider tubes if you really want to be careful. I've done heavy wheelin in other jeeps, but its been 10+yrs since I did it in a jeep (yj). My rig has been trail running, some deep mud running, but no rock crawling as of yet. I'll post some pics up of the entrance to the rubicon(tahoe side) next weekend. Should be a fun maiden run for me, so I can make sure all the brake lines, etc, extend while articulating. I got my Fabfour bumper yesterday, tomorrow, is a big sale, and I think I have a winch to purchase (hardship case where some dude bought a Warn 12.0 endurance, lost his job, old lady went ballistic, so fire sale, so they can make their rent-I'm buying it half price, just to help them out). Sometimes the struggling economy can have its positives...

rage344
05-02-2009, 12:45 AM
im looking into the river raider rock rails i really like their stuff good guys too

rage344
05-04-2009, 02:32 AM
well everyone was saying to look into hat come up and out cause not all rocks come from below and lookin at the rash on martians top rock rail from claw i would have mangled door panal had i gone

MaRShiN
05-04-2009, 09:16 AM
I think my door might have still taken a hit if they were on. But I woulda crunched the door sill for sure. If I had more patience I would have went with the RR4x4 ones but the olympic ones I got from trailduty were cheap and in stock so . . . .

rage344
05-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I think my door might have still taken a hit if they were on. But I woulda crunched the door sill for sure. If I had more patience I would have went with the RR4x4 ones but the olympic ones I got from trailduty were cheap and in stock so . . . .
i don't know why but i love the river raider stuff to me they just seem to be an overall great company i get all my stuff that i ordered from them hopefully wensday and as it stand i didn't order their rock rails just about everything else though lol all i need is fenders crusher corner and the rails and i will have a river raided jeep monster :grinpimp:

HITMONEY
07-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Stuck the thread for you guys.

:beer:

rage344
07-27-2009, 01:15 PM
thanks hit

rubirobv
07-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Officially checking into the "Phone Booth". :beer:

Eugene
07-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Roll Call sticky. Cool. Thanks Hitmoney

JIMBOX
08-16-2009, 04:27 PM
:grinpimp: I just got back from Nevada and I'm now a NorCal/NorNV jeeper

I now have my JK licensed in Nevada, (cheaper ins./license and no smog required

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/009.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/011.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/PICT0148.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/PICT0149.jpg

:jeep2::jeep2: JIMBO

rubirobv
08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the Phone Booth, JimBox. :beer:

JIMBOX
08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
:grinpimp: Heh Heh, thanx Rubi, hey, remember that movie "PhoneBooth" with that great young actor-whats his name-

Welcome to the Phone Booth, JimBox. :beer:

:jeep2::jeep2:JIMBO

Eugene
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the 'booth' as we call it. We had a littel run with some NorCal'ers this weekend. Maybe you can join us next time. I also think another meet-n-greet is in the works. There are a few more people in this area that we need to meet. Looks like you had fun, would like to wheel there someday. Where is it? Just a heads up. If you live in California and the CHP or local police see your NV plate to often they'll pull you over and make you prove residency. Happened to a few people I know. But I wish you luck.:grinpimp:

JIMBOX
08-18-2009, 07:03 AM
:grinpimp: Heh Heh, yea I know that, but my JEEP is stationed permanently at Fernley Nevada, When making the TRIP, from Ca to Nv, it's in a Ca. YOTA

Welcome to the 'booth' as we call it. We had a littel run with some NorCal'ers this weekend. Maybe you can join us next time. I also think another meet-n-greet is in the works. There are a few more people in this area that we need to meet. Looks like you had fun, would like to wheel there someday. Where is it? Just a heads up. If you live in California and the CHP or local police see your NV plate to often they'll pull you over and make you prove residency. Happened to a few people I know. But I wish you luck.:grinpimp:

We're 45 minutes from Truckee, so when going to Cal.,for off-road, we'll go to Truckee then N/S, otherwise it's Nv/Pyramid Lake/Carson/Virginia and heading East soon

Here's a shot of Pyramid Lake

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/PICT0149.jpg

We're 25 minutes from RENO, but Fernley has over 5 casinos and the greatest foods-----KEWL

:D:jeep2::jeep2:

wildandwilln
08-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Roger from Hollister CA here. What up guys??

Eugene
08-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the 'Booth" Roger. Just kick'n it wit the homies:grinpimp: planning a few trips. Looks like we will be doing Fordyce soon. Come along if your interested. I am waiting to fix my front axle that I broke the u-joint while doing Slick Rock. (Hey Rubirob where's the pics?). Other than that nothing much.

wildandwilln
08-22-2009, 12:13 PM
I am thinking I can make the Fordyce run.

rubirobv
08-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Welcome to the 'Booth" Roger. Just kick'n it wit the homies:grinpimp: planning a few trips. Looks like we will be doing Fordyce soon. Come along if your interested. I am waiting to fix my front axle that I broke the u-joint while doing Slick Rock. (Hey Rubirob where's the pics?). Other than that nothing much.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13604 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13604)

wildandwilln
08-23-2009, 05:02 PM

Eugene I think we may have met before in HH

Mule'Con
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Heading out to Pyramid Lake trails outside of SPARKS NEVADA tomorrow am 600hr, after the morning walk with the mini red merle aussie, aka BudMeister, as the companion. The little Woomba has opted out at this point(but that may change when she see's the fire extinguisher holders have bottles of Red Vino installed). Meeting up with a few other Jeepers. Should be fun. If your in the area, look for the red ruby rubicon fully Safari Strapped out, and give a shout. The other rigs are Silver & Silver, so should be easily noticeable. Its all good, ready to Part-Teh on the trails of NV!!!!!

Eugene
09-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Have fun and take care going to sit this one out. Hopefully I'll get to work on my Jeep this weekend. Been working on my daughters car,:bawling: ugh!

JIMBOX
09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
:shaking: This is too late, but I'm sure you've been in the area before, but

If you get on reservation property, BE VERY CAREFUL and don't make any new tracks, be careful of the sand, it's like greased ball bearings

There are also PERMITS required in most areas, but you know that !!

:jeep JIMBO

Mule'Con
09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I had fun, but damn dusty trails! Definitely better to be concealed with the shell/doors/windows vs topless. When I flew by the Nuggett, damn, the rib cook off had some awesome smells coming off of it-even the pup put his nose in the air.

I'll be back up in October, for Halloween over in Sparks. We're doing the annual hot dog/popcorn machine trickertreatery up in Wingfield Springs. Its a well known event with the kids around Van Gorder.

JIMBOX
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
:bounce: Thats funny Mule, speaking of the "NUGGETT"

When I came back to Fernley, from Pyramid, I had lunch at the Black Bear/Nuggett casino and

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/PICT0035-2.jpg

When the machine was done, it paid me $ 800 bucks--good lunch !!

:smokin::jeep2: JIMBO

DunkinMcNut
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Sitting here in Chico doing nothing with my Jeep. I see a crapton of Jeeps around town but no one that really seems to wheel. At least most of them wave.

Eugene
11-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Sitting here in Chico doing nothing with my Jeep. I see a crapton of Jeeps around town but no one that really seems to wheel. At least most of them wave.

Welcome. Can we call you Dunkin or do you prefer Mr. McNut?:laughing: In your sig you have Chico and Anaheim, there has to be a story there. Is there any good wheeling around Chico? Only have been there once and I wasn't into Jeeps then so I never paid attention. I notice that we are getting a good spread around NorCal which makes it nice as we can get up to the minute local info. Hope to get you out and wheeling soon. Do you have any preferences? :grinpimp:

09rubicon
11-20-2009, 08:29 AM
I am in NORCAL, I have actaully wheeled with a few of you! Now can you remeber who I am!!

rubirobv
02-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Just checking into the "Phone Booth". Let's Go Wheelin. :beer:

09rubicon
02-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Welcome, where about in NORCAL to you get to call home?:beer:

Eugene
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Welcome, where about in NORCAL to you get to call home?:beer:

RubirobV's sig says he lives in Livermore, but I know for a fact that he lives in a single wide trailer on the outskirts of Barstow.:grinpimp: He used to live in Livermore but then he bought the JK and spent all his money:bawling: on mods.
Hey Rob speaking of mods hows the cutting and welding coming? And as for wheeling after this Sunday I'll try to work out some details for a wheeling M&G somewhere. Maybe near you in BArstow:laughing:

09rubicon
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
RubirobV's sig says he lives in Livermore, but I know for a fact that he lives in a single wide trailer on the outskirts of Barstow.:grinpimp: He used to live in Livermore but then he bought the JK and spent all his money:bawling: on mods.
Hey Rob speaking of mods hows the cutting and welding coming? And as for wheeling after this Sunday I'll try to work out some details for a wheeling M&G somewhere. Maybe near you in BArstow:laughing:

Barstow, thats like the armpit of california. You would be better of moving back to livermore and living in your JK!!!!

Eugene
02-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Barstow, thats like the armpit of california. You would be better of moving back to livermore and living in your JK!!!!

Yeah Rob..like he says :innocent:

JeepThing
02-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Man, it's time ... let's go! My shedule has been tough lately with the girl's basketball schedules. But I want to get out!

I'd like to put another snow run together ...
Let me look at the calendar and I'll start a thread.

Also, for those somewhat local, it would be fun to do a night snow run. Meet up around 6 or 7 ... snow wheeling ... campfire ... hot chocolate ... snow wheeling ... back around midnight or so. Anyone interested in something like this? Let me know and we'll find a night.

rubirobv
02-06-2010, 01:43 PM
You guys are funny. Hey Brian, why do you think I bought the motorhome? Besides, Barstow is not such a bad place. Kind of quiet, like Livermore.

No upgrades to the JK, It looks the same as it did when it limped off the trail at Fordyce in October. I haven't washed it either.

Nate, I'm up for a snow run in March. Had a blast last year.

09rubicon, I'm still here in the Tri Valley. If you ever want to go out to Carnegie, let me know.

Rob

THECHAD
02-06-2010, 03:34 PM
anyone going on " THE CARING VETERANS snow run on the 20th of this month?

its located at butte meadows. just up the hill from Chico. and there is TONS of snow now. you can find info on it on the pirate site under northern california.. Hope to see some other JKs there. STEP UP FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

2008jkx
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
whatup whatup i may have already posted on here

from south lake tahoe.. right by heavenly

thinking of starting a buisness of pullin people out of the snow wit my jeep. gotta love your tow strap

Eugene
02-06-2010, 08:19 PM
You guys are funny. Hey Brian, why do you think I bought the motorhome? Besides, Barstow is not such a bad place. Kind of quiet, like Livermore.

No upgrades to the JK, It looks the same as it did when it limped off the trail at Fordyce in October. I haven't washed it either.

09rubicon, I'm still here in the Tri Valley. If you ever want to go out to Carnegie, let me know.

Rob

I forgot all about the motorhome. Beats sleeping in the Jeep. Been thru Barstow but was afraid to stop. Stopped in Bakersfiled for gas once though.
Ditto on my Jeep. Oh, are we supposed to wash them? Snow run sound good. Keep in touch. Also I'll look into that Caring Veterans run.

Later.

wkosonen
02-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Just got my new JK i cant wait for the snow to melt i want to run the Rubicon.

JeepThing
02-27-2010, 12:32 AM

Hey Rob ... just started a thread for a snow run next week, http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24238.

Let's get a good group together NorCal, the snow conditions will be great!

nocoastfocus
04-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Just got my new JK i cant wait for the snow to melt i want to run the Rubicon.

I am new to the JK world as well. I am NOT new to the Jeep world. This is my 3rd Jeep in my lifetime.

94 YJ - 4 banger on 31's, I didn't even know about gears back then, but I would have definitely went a little deeper.

76 FJ40 - Not a Jeep, but the Chevy 350 had no need for gears, 35's lol.

98 Cherokee - She will be missed, on 32's with lockers and whole bunch of other stuff I went everywhere in this thing.

07 JK Unlimited - Rubi axles, 5.38's, sliders and misc stuff. Excited to take her out!

I look forward to seeing some trail runs. Gonna hit the 'con end of May!

cruzcode
04-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Nor-Cal here! Definitely looking for some trail action. Trying to get front-end and gears done before the summer. So, I'm ungeared and unlocked for now...

Count me in for the phonebooth!

RC

JKDinker
04-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I haven't posted in here for a while! Hey! :beer:

09rubicon
04-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I haven't posted in here for a while! Hey! :beer:

YOu haven't posted here because you have been slutting around over on that other forum:thefinger: J/K welcome back. Love your JK, I still cant believe how hard you wheel it with all that nice powdercoating!!

JKDinker
04-15-2010, 09:01 PM
YOu haven't posted here because you have been slutting around over on that other forum:thefinger: J/K welcome back. Love your JK, I still cant believe how hard you wheel it with all that nice powdercoating!!

Hey, now that's funny! Just so you know my powdercoater also does green! :thefinger: :laughing::laughing::laughing: :beer:

09rubicon
04-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey, now that's funny! Just so you know my powdercoater also does green! :thefinger: :laughing::laughing::laughing: :beer:

Powdercoating wouldnt last very long on my JK. Thats why I stick with duplicolor.......easy to replace!!!

RODICON
04-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Nice pics!

JKDinker
04-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Rodicon, dropping it off today at Jeep Speed Shop for well. You guess. :laughing: Pretty excited. After all you already have one. Did you get the AEV hood to deal with the heat issue? Curious. Larry

Never mind read your sig! Does the AEV hood help? Thanks.

Fnord5
05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Sacramento here. Can do pretty much any run you guys want to plan, so long as I get advance notice enough to get the time off.

rubirobv
06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Sacramento here. Can do pretty much any run you guys want to plan, so long as I get advance notice enough to get the time off.

welcome to the phonebooth :beer: Pretty soon we'll be a call center.

AmericanICON
08-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Downtown San Jose, my wife and I picked up a new Rubi in July. Proceeded to take a 4K mile trip to St. Joseph MO to visit family. Was able to do a little off-roading near Sylvan Lake State Prk near Eagle CO.
Just wanted to drop in and say "Howdy!"

Bobula
08-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Jackson here.

rubirobv
08-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Downtown San Jose, my wife and I picked up a new Rubi in July. Proceeded to take a 4K mile trip to St. Joseph MO to visit family. Was able to do a little off-roading near Sylvan Lake State Prk near Eagle CO.
Just wanted to drop in and say "Howdy!"

Jackson here.

Welcome, glad to have you guys here. I worked in SJ up until a year ago when my CO moved to Fremont. Come on out the next time there's a meet and greet at Carnegie. We have a good group here.

cruzcode
08-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the party here at JKO!

RC

SurfnSnow
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
in SJ here. Picked up an Unlimited Rubi for the wife, and still wheel the LJ

AmericanICON
08-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Welcome, glad to have you guys here. I worked in SJ up until a year ago when my CO moved to Fremont. Come on out the next time there's a meet and greet at Carnegie. We have a good group here.
Thanks Rubirobv! just let me know, would love to attend!

rickster2010
09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I live in Sunnyvale Ca. I have a Cabin in Twain Harte , Lots of wheeling.
Also I Ski at Dodge Ridge( National Ski Patrol)
Love to Water ski also..:beer:

cab76
09-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Welcome rickster2010!

Corruptsoul
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
been on site a little while tought id check in. Live in Colfax got a 2010 2dr rubi. new to area. ive done pokerflat, Cleghorn Bar, and Snake lake. Snake lake was fun in a stock rubi to say the least. if you know any trails in area please drop me a line.

cruzcode
09-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Gentlemen, welcome to JKO!

Just so you know, Tony (IBROCUN) has coordinated a great meet & greet, test & tune, and clinic along hosted by Mike Shaffer on winching/recovery, at Carnegie SVRA on 10/2! Check the other NorCal threads for it, or click below.

We would love to have you, and I'll say that there is quite a great group of JKOers here in NorCal, and would be great to meet some of you. Bring your JK, get a little play time in on the 4x4 Area, have some barbeque, meet some new friends, and have a great time!

I believe Tony is trying to get a head count, so if you think you can make it, please chime in on the the thread below, and make your presence known!

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35290 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35290)

Looking forward to meeting some new faces!

RC

rickster2010
09-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I am installing Shorty Rock Hard front and rear bumpers on Sunday.

Anyone wants to help or take a look is welcome to come by.

Beer and food will be provided.

Have MIG welder , Chop Saw and Cutting torch If anyone has needs??

Rick
Sunnyvale Ca:bounce:

cruzcode
09-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Rick,

I might be able to help in the afternoon. Wait a minute..., where in the hell is Sunnyvale again? :D

I'll confirm with you tomorrow, and can bring some tools as well, if need be.

RC (Rick also)

rickster2010
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
With the help of my son Blake and Daughter Kayla , The bumpers went on fine.

The muffler skid plate was the hardest thing. Kayla ha small arms and was able
to reach in between the rear bumper and the muffler and put the nuts on

All in all great bumpers:bawling:

Eugene
09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Didn't make the connection until I saw the pics. I have that rear bumper. Takes a beating (trust me). Just be careful of the hold open thingy. Don't let the tire swing out to hard on it or you will frag the brass parts (trust me).

cruzcode
09-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Sorry that I was unable to attend the install festivities. I was drowning my sorrow with a ridiculous Titans' loss to those jackass Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

RC

BIGROCZ
12-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey, is there any JK's north of the Tehachapees(sp?) in or around the SF Bay Area. Went snow wheeling up to Eagle Lakes with a local group from the other forum but don't see any trips scheduled for us here. I know there are a few, but lets see how many. Maybe we can schedule a meet and greet or a snow trip. Or maybe a spring run.
And if there are any locals that belong to JK-****** and are in hiding here, you can email me directly hndymn418@aol.com ,:)

WASSUP? Yeah made it back on here

BIGROCZ
12-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Sounds like fun though I'll have to miss it. This club I run with is planning a run out to Boards Crossing Rd off of Hwy 4. That should be fun. I'll try to see if I can get some of the others interested. It's tough when you can't post across boards. Next time we get together I'll post here, and maybe we can get a few more. I especially will talk up the JK Owners meet at the Hammers as it gets closer. That should wrinkle a few eyebrows. Any ideas for a first meeting, there is a Starbucks near hear with a table and 3 chairs. That should work:laughing2:

Four Corners? Parking might be kinda tight...Maybe In&Out

cruzcode
12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
WASSUP? Yeah made it back on here

Welcome (back) to the party here, at JKO!

RC

Eugene
01-21-2011, 07:51 PM
35 and counting. We have the Cutts Crew and all those other sick banity ban ban-stards to thank.:grinpimp:

cruzcode
01-21-2011, 08:12 PM
35 and counting. We have the Cutts Crew and all those other sick banity ban ban-stards to thank.:grinpimp:

I know, right?!? We've had to remodel the phone booth to be a utility shed, now. :D

RC

Eugene
01-23-2011, 12:10 AM
#2 with a bullet.:bounce:

rubirobv
01-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Something else that I have been watching. NorCal Forum has been the step child to the SoCal Forum. Lagging in post count by over 1000 posts. Since Don Jason Mac, the Cutts Crew and the rest of JKFuctard rejects came over, NorCal has now surpassed SoCal in terms of activity. Not bad guys since they out number us NorCal folks. :beer:

Brian and I remember when you could here the wind whistling through here and the occasional tumble weed would pass by. Go back to the first post.

Let's not even think about catching Florida. They've got Karnivore .

cruzcode
01-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Something else that I have been watching. NorCal Forum has been the step child to the SoCal Forum. Lagging in post count by over 1000 posts. Since Don Jason Mac, the Cutts Crew and the rest of JKFuctard rejects came over, NorCal has now surpassed SoCal in terms of activity. Not bad guys since they out number us NorCal folks. :beer:

Brian and I remember when you could here the wind whistling through here and the occasional tumble weed would pass by. Go back to the first post.

Let's not even think about catching Florida. They've got Karnivore .

Rob you crack me up. Phone booth nothing!!!

RC

Eugene
01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah we'll never catch the Floridians. Do they ever stop posting? I mean what can you use a Jeep for in Florida? All they have there is sand, mud, and old people. It's so flat there that they want to go 'rock crawling' they need to stack gallstones from the old folks home. Place hasn't been worth a darn since Anita Bryant Died.

Disclaimer:
The above statement is only in jest, and does not reflect my actual opinion of your fine state, your jeeping ability, or any one of my Florida JKO bretheren:beer:

spinningbull
02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
squeezin into the phone booth from los gatos. another cutt crew checking in.

sent from fat fingers, tiny virtual keys.

Eugene
02-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Welcome SpinningBull. Glad you can make it. Sure there will be alot of people happy to see you.

Monty
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
squeezin into the phone booth from los gatos. another cutt crew checking in.

sent from fat fingers, tiny virtual keys.

i recognize that sahara. think we wheeled together once with Liz a couple of years ago up by truckee??? i had the stock 2 door flame red rubi.
welcome to jko, the uncensored lands!

reedjk
03-05-2011, 10:16 AM

not a member of any club but would be open to any wheeling and have a few freinds that will go as well...we just did 2 days in pineflats forest hill snow run.....good times...i pulled a few of the guys behind my jk in a big mud tile box in the snow .....was pretty funny on my FB page.
happy wheeling...ps i am in Sacramento.
Carl

reedjk
03-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah we'll never catch the Floridians. Do they ever stop posting? I mean what can you use a Jeep for in Florida? All they have there is sand, mud, and old people. It's so flat there that they want to go 'rock crawling' they need to stack gallstones from the old folks home. Place hasn't been worth a darn since Anita Bryant Died.

Disclaimer:
The above statement is only in jest, and does not reflect my actual opinion of your fine state, your jeeping ability, or any one of my Florida JKO bretheren:beer:

hahaha...i am from Florida.....and now live here in Northern Ca...love it...even beaches and bikinis get old after 35 years...well maybe just the beaches..haha..but i still can visit..

Eugene
03-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Welcome to 'the Booth'. Glad to have you. Sacramento is a nice place to live as it is in the center of some pretty good wheeling. Shaves a few hours of driving off, and makes day runs to some cool places a posssibility. Have you checked out Prarie City? Wondering what they have for 4x4's.
Brian

cruzcode
03-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Welcome!!!

RC

rubirobv
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Hello

SFBayArea
03-13-2011, 11:41 PM
New to Jeeps (used to be Yota guy) and new to the forum. Bough Unlimited Rubi last month, already got it on 2.5 TF coil lift and 35" tires on 15" wheels :bounce:. Waiting for my front bumper to come :D.
Ready to wheel really soon.

Oh, I live in Half Moon Bay, so SF BayArea.

rubirobv
03-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Your not far at all. Love Half Moon Bay. I'm in Livermore but spent most of my time on the Penninsula. There's a kickass group of guys on your side of the bay. Look forward to meeting you at one of the M&Gs.

Hope you like the JK World, Yota Guy :thefinger: :beer:

mattm
03-24-2011, 01:41 AM
hi everyone! new to the forum as well. just ordered a 2011 rubicon unlimited a couple weeks ago. "patiently" waiting for it to arrive... i'm here to learn until it does, just wanted to say hello to other norcal people. i'm in montara.

-matt

rubirobv
03-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Welcome mattm. :beer:
Happy to have you here with us.

I ordered mine too. Ok, so what are your plans for the Rubi?

When I was in high school, Montara Beach was the place to be. :smokin:

Eugene
03-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome to another long wheelbase. I have the 2 dr (real Jeep) Rubicon. When I read your profile I thought it said Montana and I was thinking that 'Boy are you lost'. You'll have tons of fun in this group.:)

cruzcode
03-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Matt, welcome to the party here at JKO!

Get your rig, and we'll let you know when we get the next run together so you see what she'll do, and determine how you wish to augment her in the future.

Welcome!

RC

mattm
03-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here! I will definitely post here when she's born. My first priorities are protection and self-extraction mods then, the real work starts. I'd like to spend the rest of the year working on my skills and the mods required to take a run at doing the rubicon next summer.

-matt

jss
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Jeep Speed Shop here we will have to do a run,(Petaluma)

rubirobv
03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Awesome, thanks for checking in. Did you guy do JKDinkers' hemi install?

jss
03-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Awesome, thanks for checking in. Did you guy do JKDinkers' hemi install?

YES, we also got it to pass California Emissions

Marcy
04-27-2011, 05:45 PM
YES, we also got it to pass California Emissions

It was nice meeting you guys at EJS!

sierram37
05-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Placerville Checking in and can't wait for the temp's to creep up more! Looking forward to hitting the rocks. Lett me know if your passing through town. Been without a jeep for 15 years and now I'm back in!

rubirobv
05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Placerville Checking in and can't wait for the temp's to creep up more! Looking forward to hitting the rocks. Lett me know if your passing through town. Been without a jeep for 15 years and now I'm back in!

Welcome to the NorCal group. Checkout our Rubicon trip in July. How do you like the JK?

Eugene
05-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the group. Don't wish so hard for the temps to creep up as I have been there when it's been over a hundred. Good also to have someone close to the area so we can get good reports on conditions and such. Hope to meet you soon.

Brian aka Eugene

cruzcode
05-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Jeep Speed Shop here we will have to do a run,(Petaluma)

Welcome to the party, here in NorCal!

We'll definitely be talking business in the future. In the meantime, checkout some of the run posts, like the Hollister three day camping run in the end of June, and the Rubicon run in July (non-Jam run).

Look forward to meeting you guys.

RC

sierram37
05-25-2011, 08:56 AM
How do I like my JK? Considering my last jeep was a '67 CJ with a 327 in it, there is no comparison. The JK drives quite nicely on the road and I like the extra 5" of width on the interior and don't anticipate it being too wide on the trail's as some of the purist's contend. It's got a 3" lift and 35"s so it will be capable enough while still maintaining it's on road character. All I really need to get is a Hi Lift, Winch recovery Kit on board air and a fire extingusiher and I'm good to go. I've run Fordyce numerous times but ironically never the Rubicon. We are starting up a Jeep Rental business here in Placerville and just waiting on the Insurance costs before we jump in. This business should be quite interesting as it combines my love of Wheeling and 4 wheel iron in general with the Sierra Nevada's and capitalism. I'll let you know when the web site is up and we are functional. Oh, and we will only be renting Rubicon's and JK's at that atleat to start. Try to bring the sport to those who cannot afford their own rig. Definitely not a cheap hobby!

HOGGSTATUS
05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
How do I like my JK? Considering my last jeep was a '67 CJ with a 327 in it, there is no comparison. The JK drives quite nicely on the road and I like the extra 5" of width on the interior and don't anticipate it being too wide on the trail's as some of the purist's contend. It's got a 3" lift and 35"s so it will be capable enough while still maintaining it's on road character. All I really need to get is a Hi Lift, Winch recovery Kit on board air and a fire extingusiher and I'm good to go. I've run Fordyce numerous times but ironically never the Rubicon. We are starting up a Jeep Rental business here in Placerville and just waiting on the Insurance costs before we jump in. This business should be quite interesting as it combines my love of Wheeling and 4 wheel iron in general with the Sierra Nevada's and capitalism. I'll let you know when the web site is up and we are functional. Oh, and we will only be renting Rubicon's and JK's at that atleat to start. Try to bring the sport to those who cannot afford their own rig. Definitely not a cheap hobby!

Wow...this sounds AWESOME!! If you ever need a Person to lead a trail run for any groups, let me know. I'd be more than willing!

RRauzer
05-25-2011, 12:09 PM
We are starting up a Jeep Rental business here in Placerville and just waiting on the Insurance costs before we jump in. This business should be quite interesting as it combines my love of Wheeling and 4 wheel iron in general with the Sierra Nevada's and capitalism. I'll let you know when the web site is up and we are functional. Oh, and we will only be renting Rubicon's and JK's at that atleat to start. Try to bring the sport to those who cannot afford their own rig. Definitely not a cheap hobby!

Hiya and welcome! This is exactly the type of business that sealed my fate (and pocketbook) in HAVING to get my jeep! I had been on the fence about getting a JK for a long time and gf found for a bday gift to me a person/company that rents out his jeeps/leads trips through the Rubicon. Was hooked and no looking back! Looking forward to seeing your plan progress! :jeep2:

cab76
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM

Great idea! Before I got my jeep my brother and I looked all over the Sacramento/SF area trying to rent a Jeep to take off road. We finally found a TJ Rubicon in SF and took it up and had a load of fun on some trails (arguably in violation of the rental agreement). We washed it off a bit before returning it but my bro still got some strange looks when he returned it. I'm sure that Rubicon had not ventured very far from Ocean Beach before we got ahold of it...

JIMBOX
06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
He's back, although I doubt if anybody remembers me and my little (Highly mod JKUR)-

Lets give it some time and we'll see !!

Ciao

:smokin::laughing: JIMBO

rubirobv
06-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey JimBox, I remember you. I was surfing the interwebs and found some of your posts on another forum. Can't remember which one though. :beer:

Monty
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
yeah i remember seeing you around too. where have you been?

BKGM Jeepers
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM
New guy here who lives towards the Rubicon.

I have an 08 JKU Rubicon that's quite modified.

badtux
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Well, a certain member of this forum says I need to check in here, since I now have a brand new 2012 JK Rubicon (nicely green just like the forum header ;) ) to go with my old LJ. So here I am :grinpimp:.

RRauzer
10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Well, a certain member of this forum says I need to check in here, since I now have a brand new 2012 JK Rubicon (nicely green just like the forum header ;) ) to go with my old LJ. So here I am :grinpimp:.

Howdy to NorCal! I sometimes forget to check the stickies up top - my bad! Show some pics and tell us what are her plans (if any)!

Eugene
10-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, don't be a stranger. There are alot of good people here.

cruzcode
10-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Welcome to the party, at JKO!

RC

IBROCUN
01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Just an update:

I have not been on the board in months! Looking forward to spending more time here. No longer with PAG (OR Fab, Trail Master, Performance Accessories).

I'm now home every night, working at a new Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat dealership in Concord.

cruzcode
01-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Just an update:

I have not been on the board in months! Looking forward to spending more time here. No longer with PAG (OR Fab, Trail Master, Performance Accessories).

I'm now home every night, working at a new Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat dealership in Concord.

Tony,

WTF??? Well, it's good to hear from you, period, and regardless of who you're working for.

Also, it probably won't hurt that you can grease the wheels with you're service department for warranty work for the NorCal JKO squad!

Talk soon.

RC

IBROCUN
01-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Tony,

WTF??? Well, it's good to hear from you, period, and regardless of who you're working for.

Also, it probably won't hurt that you can grease the wheels with you're service department for warranty work for the NorCal JKO squad!

Talk soon.

RC

I hear that. Crown Jeep has been in the car business a long time. They were formerly the Chevy dealer in Dublin. They are new to Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler and purchased the facility formerly owned by Lithia. Their business model is very different from Lithia, and they are eager to get to know the wheeling crowd.

cruzcode
01-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I hear that. Crown Jeep has been in the car business a long time. They were formerly the Chevy dealer in Dublin. They are new to Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler and purchased the facility formerly owned by Lithia. Their business model is very different from Lithia, and they are eager to get to know the wheeling crowd.

There is a Jeep dealership in Dublin that I will go out of my way to steer people away from due to the condescending, prejudice, ignorant, Internet Manager, who basically told me that he didn't want my business because he didn't think I would get approved, and that I didn't know enough about what I wanted.

I think it was Stoneridge, yes, yes it was Stoneridge. So, make sure you don't hire that jackass, because I'd love to see him at a bar for a throat punch. I drove to Michael Stead in Walnut Creek, found something close to what I was looking for, was treated well, and bought on-site.

Maybe this story can help you and your dealership.

RC

jeddi
01-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Jeddi. I live in Hayward and have a cabin in Tahoma (Lake Tahoe). Own a 07' JKu Sahara and 2000 TJ. Been on Pirate4x4 and other boards for many years. First time here. Looks like a great place to chat with fellow JK owners.

Sludge Puppy
01-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Jeddi. I live in Hayward and have a cabin in Tahoma (Lake Tahoe). Own a 07' JKu Sahara and 2000 TJ. Been on Pirate4x4 and other boards for many years. First time here. Looks like a great place to chat with fellow JK owners.

There are a good bit of us in your area. Keep an eye on the Nor Cal and join us for a meet up to say hi.

jeddi
01-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I've meet a couple of guys already. In fact Mel encouraged me to join this forum over the other guys. I see you guys run Jeep Nights, so I'll have to come by and hang out.

THECHAD
01-23-2012, 07:55 AM
I've meet a couple of guys already. In fact Mel encouraged me to join this forum over the other guys. I see you guys run Jeep Nights, so I'll have to come by and hang out.

welcome aboard:koolaid:

cruzcode
01-23-2012, 08:08 AM

We also have two weekly, Bay Area, Jeep Nights: One on Wednesdays: which rotates location on Peninsula, and another in Manteca on Thursdays. Plus, we'll do plenty of M&G's, Install Parties, and Runs.

Welcome to the party, here at JKO!

RC

Family-jk
01-23-2012, 08:23 AM

Welcome. :drinking-42:

Pjohn
01-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi all, I am Johnathon. Just got a 2012 JKU R color Black Forest Green on Jan 7th. New to off roading. I look forward to meet and wheeling with some of you.

Family-jk
01-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi all, I am Johnathon. Just got a 2012 JKU R color Black Forest Green on Jan 7th. New to off roading. I look forward to meet and wheeling with some of you.

Welcome. The Nor-Cal group get's together often. Outside of wheeling we also have two separate Jeep nights, one in the valley and one in the SF Bay area and many install/meet or great parties. We all enjoy meeting new peeps so just give us a shout as your always welcome.

hscott200
02-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Hello All, I have been lurking around here for a month or so and thought i'd chime in.... I bought an 09 Jk a few months ago and it has become a sickness! I live in Tracy and would be down for runs or get togethers, i see there is a week night deal, How does one attend? Does Beer help?

Scott

marinespence
02-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Hello All, I have been lurking around here for a month or so and thought i'd chime in.... I bought an 09 Jk a few months ago and it has become a sickness! I live in Tracy and would be down for runs or get togethers, i see there is a week night deal, How does one attend? Does Beer help?

Scott

if you have been lurking around i think you already know the answer to that!:gluging::gluging:

hscott200
02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
if you have been lurking around i think you already know the answer to that!:gluging::gluging:

It's sounds like beer is pretty popular around here... who'd have thunk it...haha,
Do you know if there is one tonight and if so who do i get in touch with?

Thanks Scott

Marcy
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
It's sounds like beer is pretty popular around here... who'd have thunk it...haha,
Do you know if there is one tonight and if so who do i get in touch with?

Thanks Scott

There is one in Manteca tonight. PM Family-JK.

I don't think anyone in NorCal really likes beer, or drinking in general :innocent:

EDIT: Post a picture of your Jeep. I work in Tracy :)

hscott200
02-09-2012, 12:10 PM

I don't think anyone in NorCal really likes beer, or drinking in general :innocent:

Thanks Marcy, I will get some pics up soon....

Family-jk
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Scott

PM sent to Scott. Welcome to the madness. :)

joeyjk
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Sup fellers, I am new to the area. I am only living here for a few months but I would like to take the jeep out. Any ideas where I can go for a day trip? I am living in Petaluma, CA. Thanks in advance.

Eugene
02-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Welcome JoeyJk. Looks like NorCal is bloooming again. I live in the East Bay so a day trip for me is Hollister or Carnegie. But from Petaluma don't know how much you want to drive for a day trip. Spring is coming and we'll probably have a meet and greet at Carneghie/Hollister soon. Or you could go to one of the several "Jeep Nights" Anyway stay in touch and we'll wheel soon.

Family-jk
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Sup fellers, I am new to the area. I am only living here for a few months but I would like to take the jeep out. Any ideas where I can go for a day trip? I am living in Petaluma, CA. Thanks in advance.

The closest place for you would be Cow Mountain which is about 45 minutes North of Petaluma. It's been around 20 years since Ive been there so I can't tell ya how good it is. Might be more dirt trails then anything. You can find video's on YouTube :)

joeyjk
02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Welcome JoeyJk. Looks like NorCal is bloooming again. I live in the East Bay so a day trip for me is Hollister or Carnegie. But from Petaluma don't know how much you want to drive for a day trip. Spring is coming and we'll probably have a meet and greet at Carneghie/Hollister soon. Or you could go to one of the several "Jeep Nights" Anyway stay in touch and we'll wheel soon.

The closest place for you would be Cow Mountain which is about 45 minutes North of Petaluma. It's been around 20 years since Ive been there so I can't tell ya how good it is. Might be more dirt trails then anything. You can find video's on YouTube :)

Eugene, thanks a lot for the insight. I will certainly stay in touch and frequent this thread. More than happy to do a meet n' greet before we go for a ride.

Family-JK, Thanks for the heads up, i'll look into it. If I end up going, i'll take pictures and let you all know how it is.

Thanks again guys.

Eugene
02-14-2012, 07:43 PM
....... If I end up going, i'll take pictures and let you all know how it is.

Thanks again guys.

I've never been there so if you plan a trip post it up. I'd be interested in going.

joeyjk
02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
....... If I end up going, i'll take pictures and let you all know how it is.

Thanks again guys.

I've never been there so if you plan a trip post it up. I'd be interested in going.

Will do :D

cruzcode
02-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Scott

Scott, beer absolutely does help! :D

RC

hscott200
02-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Scott, beer absolutely does help! :D

RC

RC, Gotta grease the wheels...:gluging: Gary G started to build his TJ finally...LOL, I think he picked it up Thursday and by Friday it had a 4" lift and new GoodYear MTR Kevlars on it... Question: is it ok to hang with a guy in a TJ? or is it like riding a moped....:shitstorm: Disclaimer: the Last statement was an attempt at humor and was not intended to anger any TJ owners...

Scott

cruzcode
02-20-2012, 10:00 AM
RC, Gotta grease the wheels...:gluging: Gary G started to build his TJ finally...LOL, I think he picked it up Thursday and by Friday it had a 4" lift and new GoodYear MTR Kevlars on it... Question: is it ok to hang with a guy in a TJ? or is it like riding a moped....:shitstorm: Disclaimer: the Last statement was an attempt at humor and was not intended to anger any TJ owners...

Scott

Yeah, we connected the other day and I saw pics of the TJ. It is absolutely okay to co-mingle with other Jeeps. Gary mentioned a run to Hollister next month, so maybe we can all go out together.

RC

hscott200
02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
It is absolutely okay to co-mingle with other Jeeps.

RC

I know, i'm just bustin Gary's balls:thefinger: We went to Carnegie on Saturday, had a good time... looks like a new gas tank skid is in my future.... Is there a jeep night this week?

cruzcode
02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes, from what I understand there is Jeep Night on Thursday.

We're all going to do Carnegie on 3/10 for some test n tuning. Then it looks like we'll in get a late Winter run, an early Spring run (or two), and then all of the inevitable Summer runs as well.

When you guys cruise out to Carnegie, post up and let us know!

RC

hscott200
02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I'd be down for all of that, I might hit Carnegie one day after work next week, will let you know... See ya Thursday.

Scott

cruzcode
02-21-2012, 08:29 AM
I'd be down for all of that, I might hit Carnegie one day after work next week, will let you know... See ya Thursday.

Scott

Scott,

I should warn you... you may have to sing on Jeep Night, as punishment for going out to Carnegie this last weekend on a stealth trip, without posting up!!!

I'm just sayin'...

RC

Family-jk
02-21-2012, 08:47 AM
What???? Carnegie and no post.

hscott200
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM
My Bad..... it was a quick test trip, I found out we need a little plastic surgery... The TJ needs a tummy tuck and my JK needs a little liposuction!:) I will post up next trip for sure.... I will sing but it better be the song "its raining men" or i'm out! :thefinger:

Scott

Family-jk
02-21-2012, 02:42 PM
My Bad..... it was a quick test trip, I found out we need a little plastic surgery... The TJ needs a tummy tuck and my JK needs a little liposuction!:) I will post up next trip for sure.... I will sing but it better be the song "its raining men" or i'm out! :thefinger:

Scott

We were gonna have you sing YMCA. :thankyou: It better never be raining men in my garage. :suicide:

hscott200
02-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Blaaahahahhaaaaa.....

Extreme454
02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
In an effort to further torture myself for being a TJ owner, and wanting to be a JK owner, I figured I would join here to have some of you guys beat me up even more.

Gary

Family-jk
02-22-2012, 01:36 PM
In an effort to further torture myself for being a TJ owner, and wanting to be a JK owner, I figured I would join here to have some of you guys beat me up even more.

Gary

We'll save that for Jeep night this Thursday :) Just Joking with ya. No discrimination around here as TJ's are bad ass and always welcome.

xbs
02-22-2012, 01:57 PM
We'll save that for Jeep night this Thursday :) Just Joking with ya. No discrimination around here as TJ's are bad ass and always welcome.

Welcome Gary! We are also heading out to the San Mateo Truck and Jeep Fest this Saturday 2/25 if you are interested. Please refer to the thread on that in the Nor Cal JKO forum.
/a

cruzcode
02-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Gary

Welcome to the party here at JKO, Gary!

You should definitely come out Thursday, as it should be a good time, with a solid turnout. Then we'll give you shit, and expect a little back in return.

RC

Extreme454
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the party here at JKO, Gary!

You should definitely come out Thursday, as it should be a good time, with a solid turnout. Then we'll give you shit, and expect a little back in return.

RC

Hey Rick, Scott was telling me about it, I'm gonna try to make it. It'll be nice hanging out.

Welcome Gary! We are also heading out to the San Mateo Truck and Jeep Fest this Saturday 2/25 if you are interested. Please refer to the thread on that in the Nor Cal JKO forum.
/a

Yep, I'm planning on going. I have some business there for my shop, so I'll be double duty, hanging out with new Jeep friends and working a lil. Thx for the heads up, look forward to meeting you.

Ha! Yeah, I'm ready! Can't wait to meet everyone.

brodi715
02-27-2012, 09:48 PM
on Camp Parks in Dublin. Looking to meet up with others in the area! :gluging:

Marcy
02-27-2012, 10:01 PM

Welcome to JKO :marcy:

AvnxScout
02-27-2012, 10:16 PM

Welcome aboard!!!

brodi715
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Welcome to JKO :marcy:

Thanks! Can you turn that bottle into Red Stag!? HA!

brodi715
02-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Thanks! This forum is pretty damn friendly!

Sludge Puppy
02-27-2012, 10:58 PM
No discrimination around here as TJ's are bad ass and always welcome.

You better say that!

Sludge Puppy
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Once you get to know the crew, that bottle starts to make sense... if you notice when you post it its called Marcy for a reason :)

oksanaut
02-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Checking in! :bounce:

Marcy
02-28-2012, 07:07 PM

No, no I can not!

cruzcode
02-29-2012, 07:09 AM

Welcome, Oksana!

RC

Family-jk
02-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks! This forum is pretty damn friendly!

Welcome to the Crack house. :thankyou:

RRauzer
03-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Hey there! We've seen your jeep, now let's see some of those bikes you've been talking about! :)

cruzcode
03-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Hey there! We've seen your jeep, now let's see some of those bikes you've been talking about! :)

Take it easy Mark... This is JKOwners, not Crotch-Rocket-Owners! Don't you have a cage to finish, before you get too distracted with bikes? :D :thefinger:

And I've ridden and raced my share of bikes, so I'm not a hater... :)

RC

http://img.tapatalk.com/43b558d3-12c1-3bbe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/43b558d3-12d2-a55b.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/43b558d3-12de-a00f.jpg

Family-jk
03-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Yep..... this is the image I have in my mind when you say "can I borrow your Harley" :suicide:

AvnxScout
03-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Yep..... this is the image I have in my mind when you say "can I borrow your Harley" :suicide:

Isnt riding another mans Harley like putting his hate on?

cruzcode
03-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Well, what this should have shown you, is that I know how to ride.

I was an associate motorcycle license instructor for the Texas Department of Transportation, had my AMA Racing License, rode Texas World, drag raced, and did silly stunts (stoppies, etc.), yet never stunted anywhere close to Jeff's ability.

The only motorcycle I ever laid down on the street (that was not a controlled lay down on the track), was when a drunk pedestrian with a .40 BAC walked across five lanes of traffic in Houston, and played chicken with me while riding a friend's bike. He lost his leg, I got 7 broken ribs, sternum, collar bone, arm, shoulder blade, finger, and punctured lung. The bike was totaled. After recovery we salvaged it, I gave him my leathers, helmets, etc., and paid him cash for a full replacement value of the bike, which he didn't expect (although he should have!)

So believe it or not, some people actually do the right thing!

RC

Disclaimer: I did not really want to borrow your bike.

hscott200
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Take it easy Mark... This is JKOwners, not Crotch-Rocket-Owners! Don't you have a cage to finish, before you get too distracted with bikes? :D :thefinger:

RC

Those pics are sweet, I remember when tucking in your shirt while wearing tight pants and white shoes was cool....:suicide:

09rubicon
03-09-2012, 09:55 PM

RC

I think i was in grade school when those were taken ( judging by the clothes):thefinger:

You really miss the '80s dont you rick:koolaid:

cruzcode
03-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Ouch! Yeah, I was a victim... I found a picture of me wearing a Generra shirt recently. Those were shirts that changed colors when you put your "hand-prints" on them due to body heat.

FLMAO!

RC

joeyjk
03-17-2012, 07:01 PM
anybody interested in going to cow mountain tomorrow for a lil wheelin'?

ninjamaster
03-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, first timer checkin in! And no, I'm not a Ninja.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2180&pictureid=14233

RRauzer
03-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Ninjamaster, welcome to JKO and NorCal! Nice! Have any pics of jeep?

ninjamaster
03-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Ninjamaster, welcome to JKO and NorCal! Nice! Have any pics of jeep?

Thanks bro!

My coworkers call it Creature
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2181&pictureid=14238

09rubicon
03-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Ninja......that's my cats name. Anyways, welcome....and nice jeep!

Family-jk
03-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the forum.

gene13
03-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Dave Welcome to the forum :bounce:

ninjamaster
03-27-2012, 07:17 PM
:koolaid:High Five!

hscott200
03-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Velkomin...:gluging:

Scott

Rosajeep28
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
I am in Santa rosa so if there is any runs going please let me know I would love to go

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p2cxni

Family-jk
03-27-2012, 09:04 PM
I am in Santa rosa so if there is any runs going please let me know I would love to go

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p2cxni

Welcome to the forum. We've got runs happening all the time so just keep an eye out. Actually we have a Meet and Greet this Saturday so check out the post. :)

NorCalRubicon
04-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I should probably check-in for the roll call.

RRauzer
04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Marco, it was great talking you at the M&G. Can't wait to see you put those MC fenders on!
--Mark

NorCalRubicon
04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Marco, it was great talking you at the M&G. Can't wait to see you put those MC fenders on!
--Mark

Likewise Mark. Yeah, me too! Unfortunately, I chose to get a Warn PowerPlant and Synthetic line instead of fenders. Soon enough.

BIGROCZ
04-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Same guy but wearing a different hat. 5150 Fabrication up in this piece!:thefinger::gluging:

rhljk
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
New JK owner here - '12 Rubicon Unlimited and a pallet of parts sitting at Arabia's. Been a long time since I've wheeled seriously - looking forward to getting out on the trails again.

-Rick

Family-jk
04-28-2012, 07:59 AM
New JK owner here - '12 Rubicon Unlimited and a pallet of parts sitting at Arabia's. Been a long time since I've wheeled seriously - looking forward to getting out on the trails again.

-Rick

Welcome to the party. You said a pallet of parts ayyyyy.... Do tell. Come out to one of the Jeep nights. We've got them covering the greater Northern area's.

Sludge Puppy
04-28-2012, 08:48 AM

-Rick

Guessing if you are using Arabia's you are south bay area? Welcome to the nut house.

rhljk
04-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Guessing if you are using Arabia's you are south bay area? Welcome to the nut house.

Thanks, yeah, Los Gatos

Some pics:

My new Jeep JK:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2255&pictureid=14671

Last Project:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2255&pictureid=14673

Other Jeep things I've owned in the past: YJ, XJ, ZJ
Other 4x4 things I've owned: Ford E350 4x4 Sportsmobile, Toyota FJ80, Lexus LX570

rhljk
04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the party. You said a pallet of parts ayyyyy.... Do tell. Come out to one of the Jeep nights. We've got them covering the greater Northern area's.

4" Long arm lift - Full Traction Arms/Springs, mixed with some Rubicon Express stuff - Fox Shocks. All sort of an experiment, will be interesting to see how it all turns out. Gusseted, sleeved, RCV, 5:13 axle mods. Hopefully 37x12.5 MTRs show up.

Just starting to think about bumpers and stuff. Debating Aluminum vs Steel. Really want to avoid owning a 6000 lb Wrangler. Guess the worst that can happen is I break stuff and replace it. Already cracked the top and destroyed a front bumper end cap.

Looking forward to Jeep Nights.

DGriz
05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
OK, so where is the line drawn between NorCal and SoCal? I'm in Tulare County between Fresno and Bakersfield. Am I in limbo or can I declare a region?

cruzcode
06-06-2012, 05:46 AM
OK, so where is the line drawn between NorCal and SoCal? I'm in Tulare County between Fresno and Bakersfield. Am I in limbo or can I declare a region?

Griz,

With where you're positioned, I don't think it matters. There are great, down to earth people south of you, and north of you.

So..., declaration not necessary, just come out and wheel and have a good time!

RC

rubirobv
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi everybody,

Been out of the loop for a while now. I'm hoping to spend more time here. I haven't wheeled since last September and the butterflies in my stomach are telling it's time. I want to make the JKation. i know it's gonna be a blast. Hope to see alot of you on the trail.

Rubirob

aka: fat Guido

aka: grey goat camo hat posse

Marcy
06-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome back Rob!

rubirobv
06-25-2012, 09:14 PM
I miss you Marcy... :gluging:

Family-jk
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi everybody,

Been out of the loop for a while now. I'm hoping to spend more time here. I haven't wheeled since last September and the butterflies in my stomach are telling it's time. I want to make the JKation. i know it's gonna be a blast. Hope to see alot of you on the trail.

Rubirob

Hell Ya :bounce: We've missed ya so hope your going

rubirobv
06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Jim, Gonna do everything I can to make the run.

Thanks Bro

cruzcode
06-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Hi everybody,

Rubirob

Brother! I hope Niagara didn't scare you away! (I know better...)

Looking forward to seeing you Thursday, and at JKation.

RC

rubirobv
06-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Brother! I hope Niagara didn't scare you away! (I know better...)

Looking forward to seeing you Thursday, and at JKation.

RC

Thanks B

sierram37
07-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Personally I've always drawn the line at the mountain range south of Bakersfield leading up to Tehachapi and the Grapevine, so I would consider the entire San Joaquin valley to be part of Northern CA. But what do I know! Got a Jeep, a place to wheel and a cooler? Let's hit the trail!

Jonboy
08-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Another newcomer to the Bay area checking in. Just moved back to the US of A after an 8 year stint in Ireland. Sold my YJ while I was away but am now in the process of building up a 2012 JKU to get back into the game. Looking forward to doing a little wheeling in the area and hopefully meeting up w/ you guys sometime soon. I'm based in Palo Alto. I'll have to post pics of my rig later, don't have any now.

cruzcode
08-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Another newcomer to the Bay area checking in. Just moved back to the US of A after an 8 year stint in Ireland. Sold my YJ while I was away but am now in the process of building up a 2012 JKU to get back into the game. Looking forward to doing a little wheeling in the area and hopefully meeting up w/ you guys sometime soon. I'm based in Palo Alto. I'll have to post pics of my rig later, don't have any now.

Welcome to the party, here at JKO!

Ireland, eh? You must have some delicious beer during your time there.

Also, check out the Jeep Night threads for weekly get togethers. We have one in the Bay Area (Pacifica) on Wednesday nights, one in the Valley (Manteca) on Thursday nights, and a Saloon Night in El Dorado Hills on Friday Night. (Schedules permitting of course). Come check one or several out!

RC

RRauzer
08-26-2012, 12:28 PM

Welcome Jonboy! Like Rick said above, plenty of fairly regular get togethers - definitely hop on by to any of them. Now get cracking, take pictures and start posting up details about your build! We're an insatiable jeep bunch here and love to see what choices the NorCal peeps are doing to their rigs. :beer:

R8R ROK
08-26-2012, 01:01 PM

I just saw this post,

Welcome to Nor Cal, its always great to see someone on the forum from the Peninsula posting up.

-Stacy

Jonboy
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks for all your replies. I'm definitely planning on showing up at the get-togethers in the Bay Area, but probably can't show up till October (have a few trips scheduled for Sept).

I haven't done much so far, still trying to get set up in the house, buy furniture etc so not as much free time to turn a wrench but so far, aside from taking the top/doors off I've installed:

OR-FAB Rock Doors + side mirrors
Misc Tuffy products (security deck, glove box, center console)
Spiderweb shade
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite front bumper + skid plate
Warn 9.5 cti-s
Airaid cold air intake

My PSC front/rear fenders and body armor are at the shop being painted, hopefully I'll have them back and can install them in the next couple of weeks.

Pics coming soon. I keep forgetting to take a couple to post.

rubirobv
08-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the forum :beer:

stanman
09-03-2012, 12:16 AM
One of the other Norcal folks pointed me in this direction...

Bay Area New Guy!

Big shout out to our new "family" from Concord, CA! My wife and I are anxiously awaiting delivery of our Gecko JKUR that we ordered on Aug. 13th. As of Friday morning she was in 'PAINT' according to VOTS.

I'm a facility manager for a research complex in Walnut Creek and my wife is a flight attendant for Virgin America and a nutritionist. I'm a "former" drag racer and into race car fabrication & design as a side business which includes specialty wiring projects. I've built several drag race cars that have won many races and a couple of championships. Some of my wiring has was awards at local car shows.

We've both driven Jeeps at various points in our life but this will be our first experience as owners. I have a whole list of mods in mind. Some of which I'll be fabricating myself.

Look forward to getting deeper into the Jeep culture!

R8R ROK
09-03-2012, 09:29 AM
One of the other Norcal folks pointed me in this direction...

Bay Area New Guy!

Big shout out to our new "family" from Concord, CA! My wife and I are anxiously awaiting delivery of our Gecko JKUR that we ordered on Aug. 13th. As of Friday morning she was in 'PAINT' according to VOTS.

I'm a facility manager for a research complex in Walnut Creek and my wife is a flight attendant for Virgin America and a nutritionist. I'm a "former" drag racer and into race car fabrication & design as a side business which includes specialty wiring projects. I've built several drag race cars that have won many races and a couple of championships. Some of my wiring has was awards at local car shows.

We've both driven Jeeps at various points in our life but this will be our first experience as owners. I have a whole list of mods in mind. Some of which I'll be fabricating myself.

Look forward to getting deeper into the Jeep culture!

Welcome to Nor-Cal.

Finally someone on the forum can dethroan Spencer as the Northern Cal JK Drag Race Champion.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family and watching the build. Feel free to hang out at any of the Nor Cal Jeep nights.

-Stacy

stanman
09-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Welcome to Nor-Cal.

Finally someone on the forum can dethroan Spencer as the Northern Cal JK Drag Race Champion.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family and watching the build. Feel free to hang out at any of the Nor Cal Jeep nights.

-StacyThanks, Stacy!

Look forward to meeting you too.

Regarding drag racing, I was the Norcal Top Comp champion in 2007 and runner up in several other championship points series through the years. My last ride was a 230" wheelbased dragster that ran the 1/4 mile in 7.5s at 180 mph. Prior to that I had a Pro Stock legal S10 that ran 8.5's at 158 mph. I also built the Cavalier roadster that won the 2011 Autolite Nationals and Arizona Nationals.

I don't know this Spencer you speak of but I will be glad to give him a run for his money on the drag strip... LOL

RRauzer
09-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Stanman, immediately thought of this after reading your above post!

Top Gun- Need for Speed - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkJguspbnA)

Glad your made it over here! Tragically, Spencer would most likely break down on route to the strip to race. :lol: :stirthepot:

--Mark

rubirobv
09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Welcome to JKO NorCal, Stanman.

marinespence
09-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Lol damnit Stacy i retired.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

marinespence
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Although i guesses i could always go for another round at pismo dragstrip lol

marinespence
09-08-2012, 05:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__WLXcpFQzQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

pillbox
10-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Hey all,
newbee here, just learning this jeep stuff. I always wanted one so I got one, "now what are you going to do" says the wife. lol...

Does anyone have time to train my jeep for me because according to my wife I am un-trainable.