PROBLEMS WITH RUBI [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: PROBLEMS WITH RUBI

jay-jk
02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
in the rain my abs,traction,and i think its a esp light came on today did any 1 have this problem and i have another question when u turn on the lockers does the light on the dash keep on flashing or does it stay still

bfj aka tambil
02-12-2009, 05:17 PM
So what about the esp? What kind of driving conditions, cornering, any mods to your rubicon? Could be normal, but these details will help us give you decent answers.

Is there much snow up there in Toronto?

jay-jk
02-12-2009, 05:26 PM
no cornering in wet conditionsand its alll stock how about the diff lockers do the lights always flash when u turn them on even the sway bar to

PhilD
02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
in the rain my abs,traction,and i think its a esp light came on today did any 1 have this problemIt may well just be doing what it is supposed to do if it was raining.

and i have another question when u turn on the lockers does the light on the dash keep on flashing or does it stay stillThe light will continue to flash until the locker is engaged, at which time it will go solid. When you turn a locker off the light will flash until the locker is disengaged. Both usually happen within a few feet.

I know it's obvious, but if you are not in 4WD Low and try to engage the lockers the light will also just flash.

jay-jk
02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
thanks for answering the lockers bout about my light that turn on like the abs and the traction and is the sawy bar the same like the lockers sorry guys im new at this

levellinebrad
02-13-2009, 01:41 AM
If you are in 2 wheel drive or 4H and try to engage your lockers, the lights will flash because they will not engage. The lockers will only engage in 4L. The same thing goes for your sway bars. If however you are in 4L and the locker and sway bar light continue to flash, you have a problem and probably need to take it to the dealer if its under warranty. The ESP light probably came on when you first took off in the rain which means one tire was trying to slip. This is the normal function of that feature. If you are not giving it any gas and going straight down the road and the ESP light comes on, then you have a problem. Your owners manual will give you this information also. I read it after experiencing the same thing when I bought my Jeep in 07. Unless you have a hemi or are seriously re geared, you probably do not need to be locked in 4H anyway. Hope this helps.

Alter Ego
02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Whenever you go around a corner and the computer detects some wheel slippage, it will turn on the light for a few seconds so you'll know to slow down. If you push the esp button to the right of your 4 way hazard light switch, it will also turn on the light indicating you have partially disabled your electronic stability program. The light will stay on until you hit the switch again or turn the Jeep off, whichever comes first.

Edit: The light can come on going straight too.