JKO Camp for King of the Hammers Race [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: JKO Camp for King of the Hammers Race

100dollarman
02-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I am going to set-up the "HUNDY Compound" out at "the Hammers" Feb 25-27th.

We'll be camped in my 40' trailer with the JK and at least one Deuce and a 1/2.

The LCQ race is on Thurs and the KOH race is on Friday and I predict they will be AWESOME!!! This is a "must see" event!

I thought it would be cool to have a JKO camp out there. Post up if you can make it for camping or for the day.

Go to Pirate4X4.com to find out more about the race. Its gonna be insane! Part rock crawl, part rock race, part desert race!!! Should be very interesting. There will be alot of 'state of the art" equipment racing for the crown!

I promise it will be fun! Plus we will have the biggest BonFire!!!:thefinger:

100dollarman
02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
here is a link for race info-

http://www.kingofthehammers.com/a/?page_id=274

Riverkid
02-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Prolly be out there on Thurs and Fri, Hundy...:beer:

paragon
02-09-2009, 07:38 AM
keep a space for me... I won't be there this year, hopefully next

I will certainly be there in spirit and hope to track everything online, if that deal is set up

get some JK's together and I will tell the official Pirate photog to stop by and take pics

AK
02-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Will Be there!

Dr.Dirty
02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
unfortunately i have to work

PUDDLZ
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Sounds like a good time, End of the month too, I'm in.:beer::beer::beer:

100dollarman
02-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Will be a good time!:beer:

SDMF
02-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Trying to get the Friday off.

rockrash
02-12-2009, 09:49 AM
im in :beer::beer:

100dollarman
02-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Great! It looks like we have a good JK group forming up!

I am going to bring at least one Deuce and a 1/2 out--- but I am trying to figure out logistics to bring more. Anyone want to drive one??? It will be cool to have our own JK camp and some Mil vehicles there too!

:beer::beer::beer:

rockrash
02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Great! It looks like we have a good JK group forming up!

I am going to bring at least one Deuce and a 1/2 out--- but I am trying to figure out logistics to bring more. Anyone want to drive one??? It will be cool to have our own JK camp and some Mil vehicles there too!

Ill drive one so long as I can leave my jk at your shop.:beer:

PUDDLZ
02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Ill drive one so long as I can leave my jk at your shop.:beer:
Oh ****, there goes the PARTY :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Riverkid
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Your 38's will sell there in a heartbeat, Greg...:)

rockrash
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh ****, there goes the PARTY :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

PUDDLZ
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Thats it, you r bringing 4 cases of beer :thefinger:

rockrash
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Thats it, you r bringing 4 cases of beer :thefinger:

ok, but im also bringing some water for you cause at your age you really shouidnt be drinking that much. :thefinger::thefinger::beer:

boondocker
02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
ill be out ether thursday night or friday morning just bringing the jeep no trailer should be a blast.

Billy_Goat
02-20-2009, 02:21 PM
You gunna try to camp in the same spot Hundy? I guess it won't be hard to find you this time since you're bringing a deuce.

100dollarman
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
You gunna try to camp in the same spot Hundy? I guess it won't be hard to find you this time since you're bringing a deuce.

There might be alot of campers out there- but yes, somewhere around there if I can.
You gonna come out?

paragon
02-20-2009, 03:09 PM
guys, just be rootin' for Poly Performance as the only JK in the race... I would assume

100dollarman
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
guys, just be rootin' for Poly Performance as the only JK in the race... I would assume

We'll be out there rootin' POLY on!!! And I might drink a :beer: or 2!

Cant wait to see the JK kick some A$$!!!

Billy_Goat
02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
There might be alot of campers out there- but yes, somewhere around there if I can.
You gonna come out?

Yeah I'm hoping too. Also trying to borrow a camera with audio so I can get better footage. When I met Dustin and Becca from the RedBull Race Team a few weeks ago I offered to volunteer to help out so I hope he uses me for something, It would be fun to help out in the pits, even if it's just as a hat rack:grinpimp:

DrDiesel
02-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I'll be out on Wednesday until Saturday with some of my buds as well. We'll be our by Means Dry Lake off of Boone Road. Will you be in this area?

My bud is helping out at check-point one.

We were out at Cougar Buttes this last weekend and had a blast at BullFrog and Cupcake trails as well as up at the quarry (I think that's what they're called).

100dollarman
02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I'll be out on Wednesday until Saturday with some of my buds as well. We'll be our by Means Dry Lake off of Boone Road. Will you be in this area?

My bud is helping out at check-point one.

We were out at Cougar Buttes this last weekend and had a blast at BullFrog and Cupcake trails as well as up at the quarry (I think that's what they're called).

Yeah thats where we will be. I am going out Wed to set up the HUNDY Compound--- you should try to camp with us if you can.

"Cakewalk" trail.

Look for the Military Deuce and a 1/2s and/or Pick up truck(s).

See ya out there!

100dollarman
02-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm getting EXCITED!!! LOL!

Town has been full of MH, trailers, rigs and all the ****t! This is going to be the BOMB!

Already helped one guy with a MH pulling a big trailer with 2 rigs on it today--- hitch broke clean off right in front of my shop! Good thing he wasnt going down the freeway--- luckily it decided to let go while pulling into a gas station when he was going slow. We are going to build a new hitch tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going to start working logistics on my vehicles, trailers, trucks, etc. and how to get them all out there. I would like to get a least a couple of Deuces out. Got to start cutting some firewood biscuits too.

Bring firewood if you can....and beer-- those are the 2 most important things!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

paragon
02-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Hundy,

can you check out this thread on Pirate and see if you can offer some suggestions. I've wheeled with these guys before and one is out there and broke his R&P in a dana 60

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764354

100dollarman
02-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Hundy,

can you check out this thread on Pirate and see if you can offer some suggestions. I've wheeled with these guys before and one is out there and broke his R&P in a dana 60

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764354

Will do-

100dollarman
02-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Well the AK fam is going to use my little trailer, so it looks like I may have some floor space for anyone who needs a spot to crash for the nite!

I got 2 Deuces out there today, and I am going to bring one more out tomorrow.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Riverkid
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
1st dibs on floor space LOL:beer:

100dollarman
02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
1st dibs on floor space LOL:beer:

The Kid is "In"!!!

Riverkid
02-24-2009, 02:36 PM
When you headed out tomorrow Hundy?

100dollarman
02-24-2009, 03:11 PM
When you headed out tomorrow Hundy?

My plan is to be out there by about 1:30 tomorrow with the 5th wheel, then I may come right back in to get a 3rd deuce.

PUDDLZ
02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Save me a spot too:beer:

rockrash
02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Save me a spot too:beer:

what time you leaving?

PUDDLZ
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/koh09/

Riverkid
02-24-2009, 06:07 PM
I plan on going Thurs and Friday. Let's figure out who's going and see if we want to caravan out? Pudd may also need more tire help. LOL.:grinpimp::beer:

Thursday Feb 26
Blue Torch Fab Works Last Chance Qualifier event. Backdoor Trail.
7:00am Stage for Blue Torch Fab Works Last Chance Qualifier at Start finish line.
7:30am Live coverage begins on Pirate 4x4.com
8:00am- 2:00pm Last chance qualifier race. KOH main camp start/ finish. Located on Backdoor trail
12:00 pm- 5:00pm Contingency and race tech for KOH in the center of main camp. All koh race vehicles must participate in race contingency. No vehicles will be admitted to contingency line after 5:00pm. Race suits and helmets are required at Tech inspection. Tech inspection located at the BFGoodrich tires semi in main camp.
No late registartion for this event. Each team must complete contingency and tech to race.

6:00pm Blue Torch Fab Works LCQ awards, and Volunteer raffle in the main tent. Presented by the KOH sponsors and race teams.
10:00pm quiet hours in KOH main pits.

Friday Feb 27
Griffin Thermal Products King of the Hammers Main event.
5:30am begin race line up staged at LCQ finish line. Parade lap through contingency to the starting line All cars must be staged by 7:30 am.
7:00 am Live coverage begins on Pirate 4x4.com
7:30 am Opening ceremonies, Morning invocation. National Anthem. Grand Marshall Walker Evans.
8:00 am King of the Hammers 2009 begins. Race will start promptly at 8:00 am. 2 drivers at a time, 30 second intervals.
Check point closure to follow in your onsite information package.
5:00pm Race ends.
7:00pm awards ceremony in Raceline main tent.
7:30pm BF Goodrich tires presentation
8:00pm Raceline wheels presentation
8:30pm Hammerking Productions closing ceremonies.

PUDDLZ
02-24-2009, 06:14 PM
BRING STRAP,

got one to reseat still :thefinger:

Riverkid
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Want to meet at 0630 at the 15 and 6th street in Norco? Or a better time?

Let's discuss...:grinpimp:

PUDDLZ
02-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Want to meet at 0630 at the 15 and 6th street in Norco? Or a better time?

Let's discuss...:grinpimp:
That works for me, I'll be there, hey Rash Bring :beer::beer::beer:,
ALL IS GOOD :laughing:

rockrash
02-24-2009, 06:47 PM
That works for me, I'll be there, hey Rash Bring :beer::beer::beer:,
ALL IS GOOD :laughing:

:beer::beer::beer: is somphting I will have plenty of:D see ya at 0630:beer:

Billy_Goat
02-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah I'm so jazzed about this:bounce:

I've been watching Lances live feed of and on all day. And last night they partied hard...and so did I:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Create a user name so we know who you are...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pirate4x4.com

so_calif_rubi
02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
we migth come out Friday or Saturday,may even come out Thurs nite.are you tent camping Billy?

Billy_Goat
02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
we migth come out Friday or Saturday,may even come out Thurs nite.are you tent camping Billy?

Yeah I'm tent camping. Hundy offered me a bed but I snore, yell and scream, and just generally raise hell when I'm sleeping so I had to pass on that for his safety.

Somebody bring me an extra camera, with an SD card so I can get footage. My digital camera takes good video but it doesn't have audio:bawling:

My neighbor loaned me a camera but it has the .MOV format and it doesn't play on my comp with Windows media player. He said just go get your footage and we'll figure it out later...

Billy_Goat
02-24-2009, 09:02 PM

The race if friday morning.

PUDDLZ
02-24-2009, 09:03 PM
YEP it is Billy

Lensman
02-24-2009, 10:19 PM
I got to work..............Sheeeeeet

WTF_LOL
02-24-2009, 10:40 PM
My neighbor loaned me a camera but it has the .MOV format and it doesn't play on my comp with Windows media player. He said just go get your footage and we'll figure it out later...

There are a bunch of free programs you can download that will convert the .mov to a format you can use. I downloaded one from cnet: www.downloads.com, that worked well. I don't remember the name but just search .mov converter and click the show freeware only. I think the nmae of it was something creative like "MOV to WMV"

Billy_Goat
02-24-2009, 10:59 PM
There are a bunch of free programs you can download that will convert the .mov to a format you can use. I downloaded one from cnet: www.downloads.com, that worked well. I don't remember the name but just search .mov converter and click the show freeware only. I think the nmae of it was something creative like "MOV to WMV"

Thanks man,
I tried that for a while and couldn't get it to work so I just uploaded a video to youtube and it worked. This camera I borrowed does have audio but super chitty pixelation, just nasty. So I'm back to square one. I guess I'll just get good video without audio:(

Riverkid
02-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Soooo,

I pulled a service call today in Lucerne Valley. So I stopped by LOL after seeing if Hundy was at his shop (zero lol). This place is freakin rocking! Just take the 247 (Old Woman Road) past Camp rock, past Bessimers Mine and then left on Boone Road. Piece of cake. Hundy has the berm shot all laid out LOl. Last left before the main camp (checkpoint 23)... Just look for the blue/white flags coming off the 247 at Boone. Easy!~

There are some serrious 4WD's here so call in sick or vacation, it's on!!!

And I managed to save a 40' Monaco, towing a Jeep on a trailer from certain death and towing deconstruction while trying to trun around and axle buryage. Damn I love my F350 LOL... Good Karma.:beer::beer::beer:

Riverkid
02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
one LOL...

Plus I gotta be at a contract meeting Fri morning so I'm out on camping Thurs nite... I'll get out there Fri as quick as I can.:thefinger::beer:

100dollarman
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the pics RK- we are heading out witht the 5th wheel, a deuce and the JK right now to set up camp.

See ya out there!:beer:

Riverkid
02-25-2009, 06:05 PM
LOL!

HITMONEY
02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I so wish I could go!!! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Why is it on a Friday??

If it were a Sat or Sun I could fly out and be there.. but never happen on a Friday. :shaking:

rockrash
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
I cant wate:bounce::bounce: see ya out there tomorrow morning:D

Riverkid
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks Hundy for a great camp... We had a good time. The wind was pretty good on Thursday. We all had a blast watching the LCQ race. I managed to do a little carnage as well. Here are some pics...:)

Riverkid
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
More...

Riverkid
02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Last ones...

PUDDLZ
02-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Just got back, pic's to be posted Sunday here, had a great time, Thank you Team Hundy for letting us guys stay @ your trailer,( Damn wind & dust):thefinger:
Michelle for being the hostest with the mostest, coffee :beer:
Most of all thanks to everyone else who showed up and made this a great trip.

I'm looking forward to the JKO 1st annual run out there too...:beer:

RotorHead
02-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Man, I wish I could have been there with you guys. I listened online all day today. To top it all off, they announced they are closing Tellico today, which is one of the few public places left in the Southeast.

The old phrase "Go West young man" keeps ringing in my ears even though I ain't all that young and I use words like ain't. :beer:

Riverkid, I take it you killed the front axle u-joint and trashed the "C". Care to elaborate?

Chris Hansen
02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Looks rough on your rig there, River. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

PUDDLZ
02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Looks rough on your rig there, River. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Get that boy a :beer::beer::beer:

rockrash
02-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Got back last night. Had a great time, thanks to hundy for leting us stay in the trailer:beer:.

Ogie
02-28-2009, 08:30 AM
That looked like a lot of fun. I wish I could have taken the time off to go. Better yet, I wish they had the race on the weekend (who races on a Friday, anyhow?)

I wanted to go wheelin' today but everybody is just coming home. Actually, I was supposed to have gone to Big Bear today with my neighbor, but he canceled out on me late last night - bastard. And here I am sitting at home on this beautiful weekend with no where to go.. :bawling::bawling:

4x4LOYR
02-28-2009, 08:38 AM
That was a fantastic trip. The boy and I had a great time. The whole family is looking forward to next year's race; this time we're coming out for the qualifying rounds.

Thanks Hundy for the floor space and the great camp location.

Puddlz, thanks for carting us around the race course yesterday (that was much more fun than driving around alone).

RockRash, Billy, & AK --> good seeing you guys again.

RiverKid, not sure you even remember that I showed up Thursday night. Best of luck with all that axle fixin'.

Riverkid
02-28-2009, 09:27 AM
RiverKid, not sure you even remember that I showed up Thursday night. Best of luck with all that axle fixin'.[/COLOR]

LOL. I accomplished my mission that night, for sure. Hehe I think the lower ball joint is out and maybe bent the knuckle. Axle looks okay so far we will see...

rockrash
02-28-2009, 01:21 PM
LOL. I accomplished my mission that night, for sure. Hehe I think the lower ball joint is out and maybe bent the knuckle. Axle looks okay so far we will see...

Ya Im curious as to what all broke. At least we had plenty of beers at camp when we got back.:beer::beer:

Riverkid
02-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Looks like the lower BJ got crushed. See the space under ther nut? The topside the Ujoint must have killed it because it's all peened in... It was already going in on Tues for some upgrades. Now it will Just be a more expensive RO. :shaking:

Tycoon already told me just get a 60. LOL:thefinger:

CLACKEY(_!_)
02-28-2009, 06:50 PM
That's a BUMMER!!!!!

tomb raider 940
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
nice seeing you gays out there.

even if you drive a jk:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

AK
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Had a BLAST!

Thanks to Hundy for the Casa on wheels for the fam!

That wind was a biaaatch on Thursday night:shaking:

Good to see you al, hope to do this again next year!:thefinger:

Riverkid
03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
:D:beer::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnzqch_6FSI

so_calif_rubi
03-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Dammmm that was so cool,sad i missed it.

Billy_Goat
03-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, there are no words to describe how badass that was.

And to all who asked why the race was on Friday... The KOH organizers realize that the Hammers is a very popular and very public wheeling place so that is why they won't hold the race and close the trails on the weekend.

Twas great meeting some new people and thanks to everybody for the fun times. And thanks to Hundy and Michelle for saving me from the 50mph winds and blowing sand.

PUDDLZ
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah, there are no words to describe how badass that was.

And to all who asked why the race was on Friday... The KOH organizers realize that the Hammers is a very popular and very public wheeling place so that is why they won't hold the race and close the trails on the weekend.

Twas great meeting some new people and thanks to everybody for the fun times. And thanks to Hundy and Michelle for saving me from the 50mph winds and blowing sand.

Billy

You ROCK brother :beer::beer::grinpimp:

HITMONEY
03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I just want to let everyone who attended KOH know this...

I Hate You.