dash light section dimming issues [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: dash light section dimming issues

Raingler
02-07-2009, 10:12 AM
See that some of you have had or are having this happen. On my 08 Rubi part of the dash would not dim, specifically around the gear indicator. It was like that since new (bought it a month ago) and then suddenly about a week abo it started dimming with the rest of the dash lights. I also programmed my doors to all unlock on one button press the same day I noticed it seemed to have fixed itself. Any ideas what's going on with this??

RoCk-NeSs MoNsTeR
02-07-2009, 01:07 PM
That same section of both mine and my friends dash was always bright like that too. I set my DRL's with the ProCal and mine now dims with the rest of the dash.

Raingler
02-08-2009, 09:56 AM
That's crazy. We'll I guess I won't sweat it until it comes back. It was ridiculous at night though.

jkdrone
02-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Did you have any warning condition active? That light section stays bright when it wants to draw your attention to an error or warning. My TPMS go off when it gets cold, and it annoys me that that section stays bright when it does.

!c

Raingler
02-08-2009, 12:23 PM
No, mine was on from the day I got it new. My TPMS did come on a few days ago when I got a flat and hung it out back until i got it fixed. Bright light did not come back on. All fixed now, still dimming with rest of instrument cluster.