CO2 tank problem [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: CO2 tank problem

Crooked1
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Ok, hoping someone here can help me out. I've got a 15# Catalina CO2 tank from Ultimate Air. Last summer I had it in the JK with the windows up and it blew the burst disc. The temp inside was probably pushing 120. I know, I know, I shouldn't keep it in there when it's that hot out. But, anyway the shop where I get it filled threw a new burst disc on it and a new fill, problem solved, right? Nope, now if it even hits 90 it blows. I've been through 3 more discs. I'm wondering if they've been putting the wrong discs in. The markings on them read P625-19N 3000. Is there a special disc I should be looking for? Any help will be appreciated.:beer:

Chris85xlt
09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
its possible the tank was overfilled?

i normally weight the tank empty then re-weight it after getting it filled to see if it gain 15lbs.
there was a few times they would over fill my 10lb tank.

Crooked1
09-27-2011, 08:03 AM

i normally weight the tank empty then re-weight it after getting it filled to see if it gain 15lbs.

No idea. I'll have to try that.

Crooked1
10-30-2011, 07:11 AM

Yep.... They've been filling my 15# tank with 20#'s of co2. Started looking closer at my receipts.

Broncojohn
10-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Now that you have it fixed. Make sure you understand it is in the Jeep with you. I don't know if you experienced this yet, but the 15# of CO2 will clear the air from the Jeep even with a soft top. I was driving down the highway when I had my first experience, you can't breath after the first few second. It takes more then 30seconds to get from the fast lane to a safe stop even on an open highway.

If you have kids in the back you have another problem.

Keep it in your head. When you hear a pop with the loud air rush roll down all the windows immediately.

09rubicon
10-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Yup, I have mine filled at a fire systems service facility and my receipt gets a before and after weight on it. My 15# tank almost always comes back with 15.5lbs. They also replace my disc annually for free ( could be I pay them to fill it 10+ times a season).

Crooked1
10-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Lucky enough the first time it popped I was at work. Jumped in the jeep to head home and couldn't breath. Took me about 2 seconds to figure it out.