Saturday 2-7-09 Trail Run Lucerne Valley!!!! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Saturday 2-7-09 Trail Run Lucerne Valley!!!!

100dollarman
02-04-2009, 09:23 AM
We'll see who wants to come out and decide which trail we want to run--- either BULLFROG Trail, or Rattlesnake Canyon. And more if we have time! Michelle has a wedding shower to go to, so my son Brian will be riding shotgun.

Meet at the HUNDY Compound (31559 hwy 18) 9am Sat Morning.

All are welcome, and No One left behind!

Any stocker can run Rattlesnake cyn. Bullfrog is a little tougher. If we run Rattlesnake we can add on Pappi n Harriets in Pioneer Town for a cool one/food, and possibly Giant rock. If we run Bullfrog- we can add some foothill mine exploring if we have extra time.

Post up if you want to make this run and place your vote!!!

1. Ogie
2. Hundy---either trail is OK with me.
3. So_Cal_Rubi

It'll be FUN!!!! I promise!:smokin:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Ogie
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM
If we run Rattlesnake we can add on Pappi n Harriets in Pioneer Town for a cool one/food, and possibly Giant rock.

Bullfrog was fun as hell, but I'm always looking to do trails that I haven't done before...besides a "cool one" sounds tempting. :beer:

My official vote is for Rattlesnake, but I'm open for anything...as long as I'm wheelin', I don't care where (not including Trabuco Canyon - :sleep:)

Oh, one last thing...are we doing this rain or shine? I guess there is a possibility of showers this Saturday.

Ogie
02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Is it just going to be the three of us? Geez, come on people.

100dollarman
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Rain or Shine!

Might be fun if we get some weather!:bounce:

SDMF
02-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Alright, I am in.

It if is raining I think rattlesnake would be fun.

Dr.Dirty
02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
my vote is for bullfrog

RiggerMike
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I will be at work M.F.'n all of you. :thefinger::beer:

SDMF
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
how are those rocks in the rain on bullfrog hundy?

100dollarman
02-04-2009, 09:31 PM
It never rains here! LOL!

I think either one will be fun in the rain- but I seriously doubt it will be raining.

Both are fun trails- I am kinda just seeing who is going and which trail would be best for the group.

Glad your going Jason--- hows about you Dirty?

SDMF
02-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm down for either I don't care. Rattlesnake is a nice drive, and if it does rain in the mountains there should be some nice water running through there. I can't be gone all day tho, so it's only one trail and then home for me.

Dr.Dirty
02-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm in the same boat as Jason but if I get my steering fixed I'll be down , you mind ufbi stop by tomm mark and grab that reamer?

Billy_Goat
02-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I would love to do Rattle Snake Cyn again but I promised Team Tank I would help with their remodel this weekend so go do Bullfrog and save RSC for when I can go:D

Bull Frog is to much for me anyway:thefinger:

SDMF
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I would love to do Rattle Snake Cyn again but I promised Team Tank I would help with their remodel this weekend so go do Bullfrog and save RSC for when I can go:D

Bull Frog is to much for me anyway:thefinger:

BS you do everything in that truck.

Billy_Goat
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
BS you do everything in that truck.

Yeah but Bull Frog scares me for some reason. But then again I get scared before every new trail and watch all the YouTube footage I can on it which really doesn't help settle me down much. I just think it's too much for me.

so_calif_rubi
02-04-2009, 11:20 PM
there is a bypass for the jeep eater,not sure about the rest,but its like a short trail and over lap's itself,kinda weird.

100dollarman
02-05-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm in the same boat as Jason but if I get my steering fixed I'll be down , you mind ufbi stop by tomm mark and grab that reamer?

Come get it-
call me 248 6214 or 964 5123 or just come by the shop and tell my guy I said you could borrow it. He is only there till 12noon- or I can open anytime you need it.

Or, we can even do it at my shop if you have the parts you need. I have all the tools.

mountain-man
02-05-2009, 05:50 PM
I will check to see if I can make it , Let you know asap. How hard is bullfrog.

100dollarman
02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I will check to see if I can make it , Let you know asap. How hard is bullfrog.

That would be great if you can make it.

Bullfrog is somewhat challenging- but nothing that will kill you- no cliffs or really difficult stuff.
Bash runs it on 33s and no lockers. You will use your rockrails and probably scrape your wheels a bit.

SDMF
02-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Son got wife sick and she has stayed home the last couple days, unless she feels better tomorrow morning I'm out. :shaking: Pulling a fawking clackey damnit. :bawling:

Chris Hansen
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Sadly, I actually have some free time lately, but it is all being dedicated to training. After my fight, will head out on some more runs. Would love to get out to Hundy's neck of the woods (and meet him, for that matter).

SDMF
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Sadly, I actually have some free time lately, but it is all being dedicated to training. After my fight, will head out on some more runs. Would love to get out to Hundy's neck of the woods (and meet him, for that matter).

Does thumb wrestling really require that much training?

Ogie
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM

You can pile all the rocks and move boulders for us. There's your training. Now get out and wheel. :thefinger:

100dollarman
02-06-2009, 10:36 AM
You can pile all the rocks and move boulders for us. There's your training. Now get out and wheel. :thefinger:

I was trying to think of something clever like that to say- but my head started to hurt!:D:D:D

If Chris Hansen doesnt come out on Sat- I think we should go down there and kick his A$$!!! (is 10 or 12 guys enough??? Or, will we need weapons?)

:beer::beer::beer:

Chris Hansen
02-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Does thumb wrestling really require that much training?

Yes. Haven't you seen "Over The Top 2: Thumbs Up"??? (puts hat on backward):mr-t:

That actually isn't a bad idea...but I have to be in Seal Beach at 0800 to start the day of training.

If Chris Hansen doesnt come out on Sat- I think we should go down there and kick his A$$!!! (is 10 or 12 guys enough??? Or, will we need weapons?)

:beer::beer::beer:

Ah heck....if you just come back at the end of the day, I'll be so gassed it won't take much. :thefinger:

The only day I'm actually taking off is Valentine's Day (for obvious reasons...I fear my wife more than my opponent). Fight is March 27th. Will try to get a day off for wheeling, but if not...definitely the following weekend.

mountain-man
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
looks like I'm out also, wife does not want to be home alone in the snow. might get 20" by saturday night. SORRY, really wanted to come along. Maybe next time.

rockrash
02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Im in :)

100dollarman
02-06-2009, 09:22 PM
looks like I'm out also, wife does not want to be home alone in the snow. might get 20" by saturday night. SORRY, really wanted to come along. Maybe next time.

I just got back in from Arrowhead (had an appointment up there) and it was snowing pretty good!

Man, I really dont like making left turns in the THICK fog!!! Scary!

Catcha next time!:beer:

100dollarman
02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Im in :)

SWEEET!

So... we have for sure-

HUNDY
Ogie
SCR
RR
and a few maybes

Did I miss anyone?

See ya at 9am at the HUNDY Compound!!! I am already fueled and packed- but can stop and get gas if anyone needs it.

Ogie
02-07-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm up...see you guys at 9:00

MichaelW
02-07-2009, 07:25 AM
:laughing:Well are you back yet. :laughing:

Where is the pics! :grinpimp:

100dollarman
02-07-2009, 08:42 AM

Haha! Thats funny!:thefinger: Our trips are usually a little longer than that!!!LOL!

I just rolled outta bed! I ALMOST feel a little guilty for being able to sleep so late since the trails are near my house. Almost.:thefinger:

It is very wet outside a have a hard sprinkle going right now. When we all meet at 9am, I'll see who wants to try Bullfrog in the rain--- there are a couple of spots that are scary when its dry!!! Could get interesting!:mr-t:

But it looks like a great day to run Rattlesnake cyn- probably will be some running water. And I can see the mountain because its all clouded over, but we may get into some snow too!:bounce:

See ya'll at 9!

Dr.Dirty
02-07-2009, 08:51 AM
im out on this one guys i have a fellow member driving form san diego to pick up spme parts have fun ......

100dollarman
02-07-2009, 09:11 AM
I can see the mountains behind the house now-- looks like snow down to about 4000' or so. Maybe 4500'

RiggerMike
02-07-2009, 09:17 AM
M.F., M.F., M.F.........:thefinger::beer:

Chris Hansen
02-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Seriously! I'm sitting here with ice on my knee, counting my bruises, and drinking Pedialyte to recover.

I WANT PICS!!!:thefinger:

**EDIT: oops...guess I should've checked the trails and tails section. Looks like I'll have another Pedialyte pop.