Just some new pics since some new mods [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Just some new pics since some new mods

venom
11-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Hybrid polyperformance/teraflex lift
1.5" spidertrax spacers
mopar front bumper w/gorilla 12K# winch
my light mounts on bumper hoop and windshield corners
1700W inverter under pax seat
Lots of Texas bugs n dirt

MichaelW
11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Boy those Poly Performance guys are getting in on a lot of upgraded parts for us hybrids. :bounce:

Ride looks totally cool!

Awesome stuff!

WTF_LOL
11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Your Jeep looks great!

how do you like using the lights on the window?

I have avoided puting lights in places that would reflect off the hood in the past so I have no experience to go off of but I have been wanting to put some driving lights up there but I have been afraid

Does it reflect much?

venom
11-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the compliments!
the windshield corner lights don't bother me
I made the mounts with the lights kind of up and outside, mainly to keep them from obstructing my view, but it seems to help on glare too.
Biggest thing I think is gonna be light choice.
the tighter and more 'pencil beam' you use, the less they're gonna shine on the hood.

There are a couple of other pics in this thread
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599
including a pretty cool crossed up pic

CDNBigDaddy
11-11-2007, 04:14 AM
:bounce:Great job on the upgrades!! VERY inspiring! Where did you run the wiring for the windshield lights? Afraid of causing a water leak or pinching the wires

venom
11-11-2007, 09:12 AM
:bounce:Great job on the upgrades!! VERY inspiring! Where did you run the wiring for the windshield lights? Afraid of causing a water leak or pinching the wires

I ran the positive down through the gap on the sides of the central cowl piece into the engine bay and grounded the lights to their own mounts.
Easy to run the wires - no drilling or anything, and only a couple of inches of wire show.

Here's a pic that kinda shows where it's run