Rubicon Trail 17-19 July 2009 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Rubicon Trail 17-19 July 2009

igofshn
01-31-2009, 09:27 AM
I am posting this so people can start planning. I will be leading a group over the Rubicon trail. This run is an annual thing that we do at MJR. It started back in 2003. We will be leaving Loon Lake around 0800 on Friday the 17th and going all the way to Rubicon Springs (this should take 8-10 hours). We will camp Friday night at the Springs and then spend Saturday doing what ever you want, wheel, swim, drink beer, it doesn't matter. Camp Saturday night at the Springs again and then head up Cadillac Hill Sunday morning and head home. Last year we had 6 rigs. Every year has been a great time.

Vehicle requirement.

No Stock Rigs (except Rubicon)

At least one locker.

Tire will be your choice.

Good body protection.

Spare Parts

Remember you don't want to be that guy that is constantly holding everyone up because your rig is not capable of doing this trail. If we think your rig is not ready, you will be turned away. Once on the trail it is a lot of work to drag someone off. (If you do break, we will get you off the trail. No one is left behind).

Pics from last year

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v82/igofshn/RUBICON2008/

mountain-man
02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Put me on the list , It will be my first time. I wheel the local mountains alot. I have wanted to do the Rubicon for years. PM me the details as you get them.

Thanks

igofshn
02-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Put me on the list , It will be my first time. I wheel the local mountains alot. I have wanted to do the Rubicon for years. PM me the details as you get them.

Thanks
Go to www.myjeeprocks.com and look in the trail section. Everything will be in there. there is a roll call and all pertinent info will be posted there.

Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13181

igofshn
07-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Just a reminder if anyone is planning on joining us. It is this weekend.

jonb96150
07-14-2009, 07:31 AM
I might come in on Sat with some other Hi-Lo's, but I'll prolly take my LandCruiser. The JK has too much rubbing going on. If you see a snorkeled diesel Cruiser that looks similar to a Dodge Raider please say hello. Where do you normally camp? We camp at the mech shack near the cabin.

igofshn
07-14-2009, 10:18 AM
We will be camped on the slabs. I'll be in my Samurai.