Dual tops....need top remove the soft top? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Dual tops....need top remove the soft top?

stevieray
01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Hello,

I just bought an '08 2 door X with dual tops. Owners manual says that I need to remove the soft top when using the hard top. Does it really cause damage to the soft top to leave it installed? Problem is, it's zero degrees outside and removing the hard top will be a pain. Will I be ok leaving in installed for a few more weeks?

Steve

SDMF
01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Hello,

I just bought an '08 2 door X with dual tops. Owners manual says that I need to remove the soft top when using the hard top. Does it really cause damage to the soft top to leave it installed? Problem is, it's zero degrees outside and removing the hard top will be a pain. Will I be ok leaving in installed for a few more weeks?

Steve

it will not hurt it, you can leave it in until you have time to take it off. I had mine in for a couple months

CONVICT
01-29-2009, 02:53 PM
isnt it rolled up from the factory?

What they mean is, dont fold down the soft top after its been open and leave it in there.

You ok leaving it in there till summer man.

SDMF
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
its all nice and rolled up. it doesn't hurt anythign being there.

stevieray
01-29-2009, 03:16 PM
isnt it rolled up from the factory?

What they mean is, dont fold down the soft top after its been open and leave it in there.

You ok leaving it in there till summer man.

Yes, it's still rolled up from the factory. The reason I asked is because there is a orange sticker that says the soft top needs to be removed. Owners manual says the same thing but I really couldn't see how leaving it in would hurt. I figured I would ask the members here that have experience with this. Thanks for the replies guys.

CONVICT
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
no problem. we we're all jeep newbies once... of coarse that was 6 jeeps ago.