Solution for tire inflator and speedo [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Solution for tire inflator and speedo

aw12345
01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Here is a nice do that from aev to solve some of the annoying JK gremlins

PRESS RELEASE - AEV ProCal MODULE for JK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope they come out with one for the TJ. Good price for what it does.

PRESS RELEASE - AEV ProCal MODULE

AEV's ProCal Module is a hand-held powerhouse! This essential tool provides JK owners an easy, low-cost way to make a variety of useful changes not offered by the dealer or any other re-programmer. Topping the list is the ability to correct the speedometer and gear ratio when larger tires are installed. With the speedometer left uncorrected, there is a major degradation in the performance of the stability control (ESP), transmission shifting, and engine performance.

The best part of the ProCal is that it isn't just for correcting the speedometer. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System can now be recalibrated to better suit aftermarket tires without triggering the dash light. Further, the ProCal Module makes it possible to activate daytime running lamps, "one-touch" turn signals, enable a temporarily increased engine idle speed for winching, clear engine codes, and even has a feature to help align the vehicle perfectly for optimal ESP performance.

The ProCal Module is equipped with a series of easy-to-use DIP switches. By reading the simple Quick Reference Guide included with the ProCal module, a user can quickly dial in a code for the desired recalibration. Once the DIP switches are set, simply plug the Module into the vehicle's OBDII. The whole process can be completed in mere minutes and it's just as easy to restore the vehicle back to its original settings with the ProCal.

Retail Price: $129.00 (In Stock and Ready to Ship)

Shipping Weight: 1lbs

Box Dimensions: 7x10x3

Application:
Fits ALL 2007 to 2009 Jeep JK
(2 or 4-door and right or left-hand-drive)
High Idle is not functional with 2.8L Diesel engine

Part Number: 30406007AA

More Info:
Phone: 406.251.2100 x1

Visit American Expedition Vehicles' website »http://www.aev-conversions.com/

beagsjeep
01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I will have mine on thursday...:bounce: :) :bounce: :) :D

gold knight
01-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah I think I'll be looking into this soon as well.

BTW....http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5553&highlight=aev+procal

StubEXrube
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Got mine coming too. Great price.

beagsjeep
01-29-2009, 12:33 PM
:bounce: Got mine today..set my tires and turn off the tire senders/ TPMS.. very easy and quick..worth every penny..AEV makes a great product..:):)

StubEXrube
01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
:bounce: Got mine today..set my tires and turn off the tire senders/ TPMS.. very easy and quick..worth every penny..AEV makes a great product..:):)

beags- Where did you order yours from. I called AEV to check availability, but they have to call me back. Wondering if they are out of stock at AEV or from a retailer.(?)

beagsjeep
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM
beags- Where did you order yours from. I called AEV to check availability, but they have to call me back. Wondering if they are out of stock at AEV or from a retailer.(?)

at. ok4wd they have 15 left. out of 50,asked for scott, chuck, mike.. 908-454-6973....129.00 free shipping..:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

09JK
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Can the TPMS be shut off completely or the setting just altered ??

StubEXrube
01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
I talked to AEV about this today. It doesn't disable it altogether apparently, but you can set it to "0" to disable the chime and illumination. This seems to be the perfect solution to those of us running aftermarket wheels w/o TPMS stems.

beagsjeep
01-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I talked to AEV about this today. It doesn't disable it altogether apparently, but you can set it to "0" to disable the chime and illumination. This seems to be the perfect solution to those of us running aftermarket wheels w/o TPMS stems.

that's what i did...you are wright..:smokin:...it was worth the $129.00 just to do that to me...:D..but if you think about it is a lot cheaper then buying new tire senders.if you do not use your old ones...;)