Best Shocks for highway only driving??? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Best Shocks for highway only driving???

TroutDoc7
01-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I am driving my son's JK for two years while he is in the military. I only drive on the highway, never offroad. The left-right sway when going over a bump is very bothersome. Can anyone suggest aftermarket shocks that would prevent this sway motion?? I've looked into Pro-Comp, Rancho, Bilstein but need advice as to the best shock to prevent the swaying. My wife is getting nauseated!! Thanks from TroutDoc7

StubEXrube
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Tell your son that many JKOWNERS members support his service to this country. I hope he has a safe tour and makes a speedy return back home. :usa:

(oh...No real advice for the shocks- I am running Bilsteins, but the jeep is lifted. They ride great, but other guys may have better suggestions for a stock Jeep. Old Man Emu seems to put out a good upgraded shock for the price, but again...no experience with those.)

Good luck.

WTF_LOL
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
what model is the Jeep? Is it an X? If so, the rubicon shocks would be an upgrade and people are selling thiers for cheap when they get lifts. If you have a stock X and looking for a firmer ride that would be a geat strating point

beagsjeep
01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I love my TERAFLEX shocks..rides great on and offroad..:)

PhilD
01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Any decent monotube shocks will give you a better ride.

John Milner
01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I second the Rubicon shock upgrade suggestion...if you go that route, make sure the shocks you get are from a 2-door/4-door (depending on the model you have)...i got 4-door shocks for my 2-door and it was better, but WAY stiffer. Swapped them for some 2-door Rubicon shocks and much better!

StubEXrube
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
FWIW- TroutDoc7- I have a set of Rubicon shocks for sale if you want them. They have less than 1500 miles on them and are like new. PM if interested.

TroutDoc7
01-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I sent PM to StubEXrube to purchase his Rubicon shocks if they are for 2 door.

StubEXrube
01-29-2009, 09:31 AM
I sent PM to StubEXrube to purchase his Rubicon shocks if they are for 2 door.

Yes sir. In great shape too. I sent you an email. Thanks