Anybody going to the Daytona 500? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Anybody going to the Daytona 500?

RotorHead
01-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Just found out I have a free ticket to all speed weeks and a four bedroom house 30 minutes from the track. I'll be there Wednesday through Monday.

Anybody going? Rooster, Karnuvore? We need to hook up.

Jason
01-27-2009, 03:13 AM
What weekend is it?

RotorHead
01-27-2009, 05:27 AM
What weekend is it?

The 500 is Feb 15.

Jason
01-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Ugh...won't be back until 10 days later. Have fun though.

Jester
01-27-2009, 07:09 AM
I wanna go but don't know if I can make it. I've never been so I am definetly going to try.

rooster
01-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Just found out I have a free ticket to all speed weeks and a four bedroom house 30 minutes from the track. I'll be there Wednesday through Monday.

Anybody going? Rooster, Karnuvore? We need to hook up.

I'll be there for the Gatoraid Duels on Thursday the Busch race on Saturday and then the cup race on Sunday. Grant211 will there too. We are going to be tailgating right in front of the main tower.

Where you staying? Bringing the Jeep down? Maybe we can go play one day.

karnuvore
01-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Jake, I'll go if you go. If nothing else, we could tailgate.

Grant211
01-27-2009, 08:13 AM
I'll probably be there ;)

RotorHead
01-27-2009, 08:32 AM
I'll be there for the Gatoraid Duels on Thursday the Busch race on Saturday and then the cup race on Sunday. Grant211 will there too. We are going to be tailgating right in front of the main tower.

Where you staying? Bringing the Jeep down? Maybe we can go play one day.

Yeah, I'm bringing the Jeep. Not sure where I'm staying. My uncle from Iowa got the tickets and house. All I know is that it's 30 minutes from the track. I'll be down Wednesday through Monday.

I need to get up with some of the guys I met at River Rock with you too. Brian Burt (Buse) and the guy with the TJ that stayed in the camper by the shop. Can't remember his name for some reason, but I think it was Jeff.

Jester
01-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Jake, I'll go if you go. If nothing else, we could tailgate.

That might work but I'll have to see about Monday.

rooster
01-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'm bringing the Jeep. Not sure where I'm staying. My uncle from Iowa got the tickets and house. All I know is that it's 30 minutes from the track. I'll be down Wednesday through Monday.

I need to get up with some of the guys I met at River Rock with you too. Brian Burt (Buse) and the guy with the TJ that stayed in the camper by the shop. Can't remember his name for some reason, but I think it was Jeff.

Not a problem. I'll set up a meet. There was Buse, Darron, Kevin (Silver Eagle TJ), Mark (AKA Sparky, red River Rock TJ), Jeff (Red YJ), Greg (Blue CJ). We can plan on getting everyone together.

karnuvore
01-27-2009, 02:30 PM
That might work but I'll have to see about Monday.

I could talk my wife into going and driving our drunk asses around. She's accustomed to my excesses. ;).

Rooster et. al., if you guys get together for a trail run or anything - lemme know.

RotorHead
01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Not a problem. I'll set up a meet. There was Buse, Darron, Kevin (Silver Eagle TJ), Mark (AKA Sparky, red River Rock TJ), Jeff (Red YJ), Greg (Blue CJ). We can plan on getting everyone together.

Yeah, it was Kevin. He was staying in Sparky's camper. You got his number? I have Buse's number.

rooster
01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
I could talk my wife into going and driving our drunk asses around. She's accustomed to my excesses. ;).

Rooster et. al., if you guys get together for a trail run or anything - lemme know.

You got it! We need to plan on it.

Yeah, it was Kevin. He was staying in Sparky's camper. You got his number? I have Buse's number.

Sending it in PM

RotorHead
01-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Just checked the schedule and it looks like if we want to put together some sort of trail ride, Friday is the best option. The truck race doesn't start until 8 PM. All of the other races are day races.

If it doesn't work out for everybody, I'm fine for just hanging out.

karnuvore
01-28-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm game.

Grant211
01-28-2009, 09:18 AM
if we get a "WIDE" trailride...(karnuvore this means NO RICHLOAM!):laughing:

I'll go.

I will have my buddy from West Palm with me and my old college buddy from tenn with me. It would be a blast to sling some mud on the jeep before we go to the race. Perferably in the later part of the afternoon/early evening.

rooster
01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Im in. YO! Milgre set that up for around here. Your the trail leader for our group so surely we can hit something fairly close. Any ideas?

karnuvore
01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
how far away is that 10,000 acres? Ocala? Oseola?

Grant211
01-28-2009, 11:52 AM
how far away is that 10,000 acres? Ocala? Oseola?

I believe its out by St. Augustine.

SDMF
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
what is this "daytona 500" you speak of?

karnuvore
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
what is this "daytona 500" you speak of?

A really really big opportunity to get stinking drunk, watch cars wreck @ ~200 mph, and, if you're lucky, see some boobies.

SDMF
01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
A really really big opportunity to get stinking drunk, watch cars wreck @ ~200 mph, and, if you're lucky, see some boobies.

I used to really like nascar, you know, back in the day. I still tune in for a couple races a year (bristol and martinsville) the rest of the races are one big snooze fest.

karnuvore
01-29-2009, 03:25 PM
I like boobs, beer, and crowds....wrecks are the icing on the cake.

milgre
01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
ah, come on, Jeff - you know Greg doesn't read this LOL!

I will let him know - what's the date that Friday?

Karn - your wife has a special place in heaven reserved for her, doesn't she? :)

karnuvore
01-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Karn - your wife has a special place in heaven reserved for her, doesn't she? :)

LMAO - those who have met her can testify - she is a very tolerant woman. But I do spoil her, honestly.

On another note - I found out exactly (thank you mapquest and florida rednecks) where 10,000 acres is and it's no farther away from the race track than driving to ocala. Other than mud and trails, I have no idea what they have there. Could be a possible trail ride if yall are up for it. Jami (wife) has agreed to go to the race. We'll probably just tailgate and hang out in the parking lot though. Jake? Wanna bring Amy? Oso the Rottweiler could watch the kids while we're gone.

Anyways, here's the directions to 10,000 acres (from FJOA):

All I can tell you is Look at map quest at the map and where I95 and US 1 intersect, HWY 204 is just south of there. Take HWY 204 and it turns into HWY 13. HWY 13 runs by Flager Estates BLVD. Turn onto Flager estates BLVD. All side streets running to the south off of Flager Estates BLVD will lead you to the back forest. We usually go in anywhere from the West of deep creek BLVD. I will post a meeting place after awhile and we can all meet up somewhere. You can see the roads on map quest

RotorHead
02-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Leaving the ATL Wednesday. Did we get anywhere with a ride or beach day? :beer:

karnuvore
02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
I need to know something soon too. If I am going to drive up there and ride or whatever, I need to know which date. Someone good at organizing things, someone like the jeep club president of a LARGE jeep club should really take the bull by the horns here and organize something. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to spend valentines day weekend : W/ MY WIFE!!!!!!!

The horror.

Grant211
02-10-2009, 08:25 AM
yeah i need to know too!

RotorHead
02-10-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm fine with whatever you guys decide. It has to be Friday daytime for me though if we do a trail ride. All the rest of my time is booked with racing and drinking.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy or big. We could always just meet up for drinks and food if need be, but a nice ride for 4 or 5 hours would be awesome.

rooster
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Okay Okay let me get with Greg and see what we can come up with. If nothing else we could meet at the winghouse for lunch or something. Its in Daytona. I"ll get back to you.

Also my monthly Jeep club meeting is Saturday morning in Deland. About 15 miles or so from Daytona. So if you want to hang out with the club everyone is welcome. Im headed to the Nationwide race after the meeting though.

RotorHead
02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Okay Okay let me get with Greg and see what we can come up with. If nothing else we could meet at the winghouse for lunch or something. Its in Daytona. I"ll get back to you.

Also my monthly Jeep club meeting is Saturday morning in Deland. About 15 miles or so from Daytona. So if you want to hang out with the club everyone is welcome. Im headed to the Nationwide race after the meeting though.

I'm staying in Deland. :beer:

rooster
02-11-2009, 08:56 PM
OK guys, Im out for Friday. I cant get away from work. So here's the deal. Rotorhead is staying in Deland so obviously Ocala is the closest area. If you want to go to the Daytona area there is Tiger Bay which is a wild life managment area located on International (92) between Deland and Daytona.

Now if you guys want to do lunch we can either meet in Deland somewhere or we can go to the Winghouse in Daytona.

SATURDAY the Mid Florida Jeep Club is having our monthly meeting at 9am at Beef O Brady's in Deland. They serve us breakfast and the cost is $5.00

Im headed to the race after the Saturday morning meeting and breakfast so if anyone else is going to Daytona for the Nationwide race come to the meeting and we'll follow each other over.

karnuvore
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
The numbers just dont add up for me...sorry guys.

karnuvore
02-15-2009, 06:54 PM
OK....competitive caution?

Is that like when the running back has broken free past the secondary and is on his way to the end zone and the refs blow the whistle and call a time out so the defense can catch up to him?

Boooooooooo.....