Buttermilk Falls [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Buttermilk Falls

NJ Spartan
08-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Does anyone have directions to Buttermilk falls? I am coming from Ocean County.

Trembley
11-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Damn only three months late...Buttermilk Falls Ithaca perchance? Its about 45mins up the road from me. Let me know if you ever need info on what to do in that area.

Hope I don't get busted for Necro posting...just saw something familiar to me and had to chime in!

Cheers

NJ Spartan
11-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I dunno where ithaca is. This was up past hopatcong over by the delaware river valley and kittattinee

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Trembley
11-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Nope different Buttermilk Falls then....I saw Jersey and thought maybe you got lost up here in Central NY lol

:beer:

NJ Spartan
12-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Lol
When I first heard about buttermilk falls and googled it I kept on getting hits for jersey and new york. The one in jersey is the second highest falls in the state. I posted some pics in my album. It was an adventure getting out there but it was worth the view.

Steph2011JK
12-01-2011, 05:42 AM
ive had this place bookmarked/saved to adventure to for a while.. its about 2+ hours from me though.. just waiting for the perfect day I guess.

NJ Spartan
12-01-2011, 07:49 AM
It was a two hour trip for me as well. If you go, be careful hiking. We ran into quite a few black bears along the trail

Steph2011JK
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
oh wow, really!? yikes!

id have no idea where to go/start or anything... id love to get as far in/up as I can in the jeep too...

NJ Spartan
12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
As long as the trail is open, you can drive right up to the falls. And then about a half mile away is silver spray falls. Maybe about 45 feet high. Buttermilk is about 90. I never been to silver spray yet so I can't tell ya any more details. I found out about it after we made that trip

BumpInTheRoad
12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Here you go: http://www.njwildlifetrails.org/SkylandsTrails/Sites/tabid/445/Scope/site/Guide/SKYLANDS/Site/231/Default.aspx.

If anyone plans to take a run up this way, there's some also fire roads that can wheeled in Stokes State Forest, a running spring in Stokes where you can fill up on delicious, clean water. Shoot me a PM if you go -- I'm only about 30-40 minutes away from there.

NJ Spartan
12-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Me and my girl wanna do another trip up there. Its like a 2 hour ride for us but its worth it. I'll hit you up when we start planning for the next trip!

Steph2011JK
04-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Here you go: http://www.njwildlifetrails.org/SkylandsTrails/Sites/tabid/445/Scope/site/Guide/SKYLANDS/Site/231/Default.aspx.

If anyone plans to take a run up this way, there's some also fire roads that can wheeled in Stokes State Forest, a running spring in Stokes where you can fill up on delicious, clean water. Shoot me a PM if you go -- I'm only about 30-40 minutes away from there.

I think I might take this adventure tomorrow... if I do for sure, I'll hit you up..