d44 electonic locker..how does it work? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: d44 electonic locker..how does it work?

javocruz
11-07-2007, 12:45 AM
i have a wrangler x 2 door ia have recently ordered from 4wd the fron rubicon diferecial that its supouse to come with an electronic locker and 4.10 ring pinion..

my questions are can i use that same locker with a 5.13 ?

and what will i have to do in order for the locker to work? i mean does it activate with air? like mi arb in the back? o is it by switch 12 volt?

i will apriciate any help
thanks

Ruskin
11-07-2007, 04:53 AM
The locker is electric. Just pass current to it via a relay. There are a couple of write-ups on this on the web.

PhilD
11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
my questions are can i use that same locker with a 5.13 ?Yes, just re-gear it to 5.13, which I presume is what you have in the rear.

and what will i have to do in order for the locker to work? i mean does it activate with air? like mi arb in the back? o is it by switch 12 volt?As already mentioned, simply connect it to a switch with 12v on it. There is a sensor that tells it when it is locked also, you may or may not want to use that.

javocruz
11-07-2007, 11:07 PM
does any switch will work..? like a auxiliary ligths switch? or is it a special ? can i use and arb swict conected directly to the diferencial?

let me know

PhilD
11-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Yes, any switch will work. You preferably want one that lights up if you are not going to use the locker sensor to throw a light. Wire one side of the locker to ground and the other to 12v from the switch. You'll most probably at least want to order a connector for the locker, or just cut the existing one off and connect your wires.