CMF RUN!!! SledgeHammer 1-31-09 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: CMF RUN!!! SledgeHammer 1-31-09

100dollarman
01-20-2009, 01:45 AM
The Hundy crew and PoonDicker are going to camp out at the Hammers fri/sat/sun 1-30/1-31/2-01-09.

We ARE going to run SledgeHammer on Saturday!!!

We'll camp out for the weekend and do some exploring/ pre-running for the JKO get together in April.

Anyone who wants to check out the area before the JKO run is welcome to come out and camp, or come out for the day. You dont have to run Sledgehammer if you dont want to--- we can use some support along the trail. Spotters, rock stacker/unstackers, parts runners, mechanics for breakdowns, etc.

Also - we will run some of the easier trails too. There is lots do do and see out there. And its a great place to camp. I will bring the 40' Weekend Warrior and may have room for a few people to crash in-- bring the women- we have a bathroom!

Bring the RC crawlers too (I'm gonna bring mine!)

I have been part way up Sledge a couple of times--- but the goal is to run the complete trail on this weekend!

Everybody is welcome to come out, from stock to built. And as usual-

No One Is Left Behind!

There may be some winching/strapping/crunching/breakage/dentage/scrapage involved!:thefinger:

Sounds like FUN to me!!!:beer:

Post up if you can make it out! Remember- even if you are scared of Sledgehammer, you should still come out if you can- I promise you its a great place to wheel!!!

Take Boone rd north off of hwy 247 in Johnson Valley- go about 4 miles down to the drylake- we'll camp on the west edge of the drylake. Look for the White Dodge Ram Dually pulling the 40" WW, the JKs, and PoonDickers Evolution pop up tent trailer with the deck in front. Might try to put up my 100dollarman flag!

:beer::beer::beer:

Woods
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
I won't run sledge, but I'm goin. :beer:

100dollarman
01-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I won't run sledge, but I'm goin. :beer:

Hundy= CMF
Boondocker= CMF
Woods= CMF

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

BOXRCON
01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I heard that Sledgehammer has spots more difficult than Gatekeeper. Is this the case? Got any pics from your last trip showing obstacles? Is the link below representative?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1JW5O8ANQ

JK JEDI
01-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I come for the support!

100dollarman
01-21-2009, 12:32 AM
I heard that Sledgehammer has spots more difficult than Gatekeeper. Is this the case? Got any pics from your last trip showing obstacles? Is the link below representative?

Gatekeeper is on my list:thefinger: I keep going over to look at it:thefinger: Havent attempted (yet!):thefinger:

I am not gonna lie- this wont be easy. But I am doin it!!!:mr-t:

Here are a couple of pics, but the forum wont let me post em if I already have posted them before- I think I have posted most of them before in the 100dollarman thread or hardcore thread or elsewhere.

I think 37s and lockers are in order.:beer: Maybe 35s if you are feeling adventurous!!!

100dollarman
01-21-2009, 12:33 AM
I wore that T-shirt for ChromeDome!!! LOL

Ogie
01-21-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm going to try. If I do, I'll bring my tools, straps, gloves, and whatever else that might come handy. I'll be there for support only. My DD has seen enough abuse over the last two weeks.

Tycoon
01-21-2009, 10:15 AM

I don't know, this run looks pretty cool also. Any of you guys run this before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkH8mzJ9voA&feature=related

Riverkid
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL. He just needed a quick strappy was all. Haha.:beer:

RiggerMike
01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Will be in San Diego most of the day on Saturday. Don't know what time I will get back home. Put me down for a definite maybe on Sat night, and a very probable for Sun morning. :thefinger::beer:

CLACKEY(_!_)
01-21-2009, 10:38 PM
As of now it looks like I'm in for this run. :D
Saturday only.

so_calif_rubi
01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
got to work sat,what is the plan sunday?

100dollarman
01-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Looks like we have a good group shaping up! We can use all the support--- this is a tough trail for a 4 dr. So I appreciate the support offers!

And anyone who runs it with me is a Badda$$!:beer:

Saturday I am really going to concentrate on getting through Sledgehammer. We may have some extra time to play on Sat if everything goes well. Sunday will be a good day of wheelin' too. So if you can only make it on Sat, or only on Sun- come on out!

Should have my new HD Chromo axles installed by morning!:bounce: I'll give a report on those later-

Here is a :thefinger: just for good measure.

AK
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Can't do the whole weekend, but put me down for a day trip for now on Sat. Hopefully the whole family also, maybee Brad in his XJ that is "way better than your JK":thefinger::thefinger:

Woods
01-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Like I said. I'm goin, but not as support. I'm going wheelin. Maybe Claw Hammer?

SDMF
01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Like I said. I'm goin, but not as support. I'm going wheelin. Maybe Claw Hammer?

I may be able to come out on Saturday, I'll know for sure next week. I don't know if I am up for Sledge tho. I really want to give it a try, but I think I am gonna have to wait till I get gears and 37's.

Lensman
01-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Im going to try to come out on Sat. I would like to run Bullfrog again. Need more lift and bigger tires for Sledge. It would be fun to watch Hundy try and break his new axles though......... :devil::grinpimp:

JK JEDI
01-22-2009, 11:34 PM
I would love to run bullfrog again. I am bringing a client with me so I have to find something.

Tycoon
01-23-2009, 12:51 PM
"Save Johnson Valley OHV - Specific Plan"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveJohnsonValley-SpecificPlan?e

Lensman
01-23-2009, 11:10 PM
"Save Johnson Valley OHV - Specific Plan"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveJohnsonValley-SpecificPlan?e

Tycoon

You coming out for this run?

Woods
01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Anyplace to shoot out there?

08redJKnCA
01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I plan on coming out on Sat...wanna try my rig on something other than its first trip to Trabucco Canyon. NOT Sledgehammer though! :shaking:
Wouldn't mind providing some support also. :beer: :beer:

100dollarman
01-28-2009, 09:39 AM
This is gonna be F U N !!!

East from Lucerne on hwy 247 turn left (north) on Boone rd, go about 3 miles down to the bottom of the valley--- that is Means drylake. We'll be camped on the left of the main road. Look for this truck and trailer- white dodge/ weekend warrior 40'. I think my son is going to drive a Mil camo Chev pu out too.

I have been trying to decide which tire to run-- my 37" TruXus that I dont care about cutting and will turn better and not rub, or my 38" tires that are bigger and heavier-- more clearance, probably better traction, but dont turn in hard places and more prone to break stuff.
Any thoughts???

There may be a few guys from MJR there, too.

Should be a great weekend weather wise- I prob will pull my doors and top. Maybe I can get Michelle to wear a bikini top!

Getting excited- need to get my work caught up so I can get ready to go!!!:beer:

I would like to be on the trail by 10am Sat, so come out before that if you can!

Channel 10

Lensman
01-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Bad news I got to bail. Band rehearsal was changed to Sat due to the Super bowl. Put me on the he man girly list.

so_calif_rubi
01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
do the 38's,your weak link is fixed.i want to make this but Missy just had surgery. just got home from 3 days at the hospital.will see mybe we can just help out we'll see.

100dollarman
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
do the 38's,your weak link is fixed.i want to make this but Missy just had surgery. just got home from 3 days at the hospital.will see mybe we can just help out we'll see.

Good point on the tires. I have my 37s on there right now- man, they ride like Chit! The thing I am worried about is how hard they are to turn when bound up real hard. Might change them tomorrow- I dunno...:shaking:

Please Melissa our best!!!:) We wish her a SPEEDY recovery!!!:bounce:

It would be great to have you on Saturday, but take care of your wife if she needs it! She might be sick of you by then and tell you to go!!!:beer:

Billy_Goat
01-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I've been wanting to go camping and I need to get out and ride that new bike of mine. Maybe I'll come out and watch the rock crawlin festivities.

So sledge hammer is near jack hammer? Where we went before?

StubEXrube
01-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Best wishes for Melissa's quick recovery. Hope all is well with you guys. :)

100dollarman
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I've been wanting to go camping and I need to get out and ride that new bike of mine. Maybe I'll come out and watch the rock crawlin festivities.

So sledge hammer is near jack hammer? Where we went before?

Yeah- SH is up the wash to the right of Jack.

Come on out-- we are going to camp on the west edge of that drylake. Brian is going to bring my YZ450f to ride.

BOXRCON
01-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Have fun guys. Make sure to post pics of the hard **** and the broken ****.:thefinger:

100dollarman
01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Have fun guys. Make sure to post pics of the hard **** and the broken ****.:thefinger:

Thanks, BOXR- you know we'll do the do!

I see you guys are heading up north to some trails- have fun up there! (even though you guys SHOULD be coming to JV!:thefinger:)

:beer::beer:

so_calif_rubi
01-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Best wishes for Melissa's quick recovery. Hope all is well with you guys. :)

thank you so much.Today was a good day,shes doing great.Hope to do some
Hammers this Sunday.got to work Sat,and she wont camp so soon,i so got to get a trailer :bounce:

BOXRCON
01-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks, BOXR- you know we'll do the do!

I see you guys are heading up north to some trails- have fun up there! (even though you guys SHOULD be coming to JV!:thefinger:)

:beer::beer:

I hear ya. I am meeting up with my brother half way. That is why we ended up near SLO. You guys have fun.

Ogie
01-30-2009, 06:25 AM
It doesn't look like I'm going to make it. I'm bummed...and yes, I know, I go on the girly-man list (or whatever it is). :thefinger: Have fun and take a lot of video. :beer:

PUDDLZ
01-30-2009, 08:10 AM
It doesn't look like I'm going to make it. I'm bummed...and yes, I know, I go on the girly-man list (or whatever it is). :thefinger: Have fun and take a lot of video. :beer:

OK, I got a question

I'm starting to see a pattern with this guy,

CLACKEY is this you, but in the TEAM PRIUS :thefinger:

Ogie
01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
OK, I got a question

I'm starting to see a pattern with this guy,

CLACKEY is this you, but in the TEAM PRIUS :thefinger:

Comparing me with anyone that owns a Prius is grounds for a butt-kickin' :thefinger:

BTW, I was there for Bullfrog - where were you?

SDMF
01-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Comparing me with anyone that owns a Prius is grounds for a butt-kickin' :thefinger:

BTW, I was there for Bullfrog - where were you?

Don't mind puddlz, he has bet hitting the freon again.

PUDDLZ
01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Don't mind puddlz, he has bet hitting the freon again.
It is FREON FRYDAY
Come on dammit.

Plus I just got my ass whipped by the IRS in an audit, results not shown yet either.:bawling:

100dollarman
01-30-2009, 10:51 AM
So- who all is coming out? I know Boondocker is---- anyone else?

I have been working on my rear bumper this morning and it came out great! I'll try to post a pic later. I am liking it!:bounce:

I have some paperwork that I HAVE to get done, then I am going to hook up the truck, load up, and GOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

Dr.Dirty
01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
well we want to see the bumper befpore you leave .............

Dr.Dirty
01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm still waiting ......................................

J/K have fun wish i could be there

Lensman
01-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Maybe Sunday

tomb raider 940
01-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I will meet you guys on there for the action. A few more tj's will be there

j-sack
01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Rockrash and i might show up after we go to Calico tomoro :beer:

so_calif_rubi
01-30-2009, 10:04 PM
got to work tomorrow,maybe Sunday if Missy feels better.

Riverkid
01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Rear diff ring gear is gone...

Dr.Dirty
01-31-2009, 06:54 PM
Rear diff ring gear is gone...

on yours thats no good

Riverkid
01-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Shes a thumper lol. Have no idea...

so_calif_rubi
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM