Roll mitagation? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Roll mitagation?

jkolb08
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
I had a 2.5" BB installed not to long ago and now for some reason when
I travel on a road that has a slant to it one way or the other the roll mitagation kicks in and puts on the brakes. Is it normal for it to do that after installing a lift? And when the brakes kick in they sound like theyre grinding is anyone else experiencing this?

WTF_LOL
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Is your steering wheel straight?

jkolb08
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM
yes i had it installed at a 4wheelparts they did an alignment and the steering wheel is straight.

StubEXrube
01-19-2009, 12:50 PM
And when the brakes kick in they sound like theyre grinding is anyone else experiencing this?

If this is the same jeep as in your avatar pic, there may be some dried mud, gravel, etc in between your brake rotors/ pads. You may want to remove the wheels and hit them with some good pressure from a hose. jmo

WTF_LOL
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
when the ESP kicks in it does sound pretty nasty.

I have only ever had it kick in when my alignment was off. All the lifeted rigs on here and I have not heard of it going off simpl by driving on slanted road.

To be honest, if your alignment is good, I would have absolutley no idea why it would be going off in that situation. Sorry

terrahawk
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Sounds like your 4WP guys screwed up the install, but hard to believe a shop could hose up a freaking budget boost.

jkolb08
01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I looked at the lift and it doesnt seem to be installed wrong looks like a decent job. And its not on all slanted roads its just happened more then it did before. Im gonna taked it into the dealer tomorrow so we'll see what happens i have a feeling they'll say its the lift and ill have to pay for anything they do to it.

jkolb08
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
If this is the same jeep as in your avatar pic, there may be some dried mud, gravel, etc in between your brake rotors/ pads. You may want to remove the wheels and hit them with some good pressure from a hose. jmo

It is the same jeep but after that day I took it to the car wash and spent $15 and 30 mins cleaning it off. and i havent been back mudding since.