JKOwners Forum banner

400+hp Rubicon - Chevy Style "Video"

68K views 270 replies 92 participants last post by  mschaffer66 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I spent most of last week working on Hemi JK's but it's always refreshing to go back to the LS projects.
This 09' Rubicon is getting a 2010 6.2 crate engine and 6 speed trans., over 400 hp.
This Rubi has all options so it's our most challenging swap to date, but so far it looks good.
The other LS engines have impressed me with their gas mileage and ability to run cool.
This is the first start of the engine and I will post more vids when it hits the road. The Hemi layout is old hat for us so I hope you find this engine compartment interesting.

Thanks Robbie
‪Rubicon Start‬‏ - YouTube

#6 ·
this is happening:smokin: freaking coolest shit ever!

#7 ·
Gotta love the sound of the 6.2. I've experienced that motor in a much larger vehicle (3/4 ton suburban), and it's an animal. Can only imagine it in a wrangler.

#10 ·
I have been seriously considering going LS over Hemi. That video only solidifies my feelings.

Awesome install/ beautiful sound. :beer:

#12 ·
+2.... been scouring the junkyards looking for a complete one w/ 6l80.... subscribed!

#18 ·
Well said..jeeps paid off.. This is going to happen

#22 ·
Thanks for the positive replies everyone, makes all those r & d hours worth while.

Here is a spin around the block with our "test mule" 5.3, it's been on the road over a year now. We have shown this JK no mercy and it still runs great. Given my choice I jump in this JK cause it's so fun to drive.

‪JK LS 5.3‬‏ - YouTube

btw in the video I mention it has a 2007 LS, it's actually a 2009 LH6. To clarify range it gets between 325-350 miles on a full tank.

Thanks again.

#25 ·
Thats Why I waited long for this to happen.

So what are the HP figures between Hemi & LS
Are all the Dash lights will be off after final tune? And would it be easy to diagnose all engine related sensors in the future?
Whe will be the final install Kit will be available?

#30 ·
If you watch the second video you will learn that their test Jeep runs the standard, non-Rubicon NP NVG231 transfer case. I have exchanged emails with MoTech and the Rubicon case doesn't work because of the input differences.

MoTech does offer Atlas options if you want to go that route, and that is the route I would go!

They also do not offer kits, only turn key instals. Pricing for a 5.3 is very competetive compared to a Hemi. For a 6.2 it more beans but they also change out some other things, don't recall what off hand now.

I have a Hemi in my JKU, and it is fantastic, but the transmission still has Chrysler's programming and that will leave you scratching your head from time to time, wondfering why in the hell did the transmission up shift, or downshift, or not shift.... at that moment. The one thing that I have always highly regarded about my Suburban is that it is always in the right gear at the right time, as if it was anticipating what I was trying to do. Chrysler ain't there yet...

JPK

#34 ·
Thanks Robbie! I am so pumped. Attempting to arrange my toy budget to do this next year, hopefully by then some of the 'future' items (e.g. atlas transfer case) will be available and you'll have done enough to have this full debugged. Great work y'all. Forward!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.