Bestop HighRock 4X4 Slider Steps? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Bestop HighRock 4X4 Slider Steps?

spiritree
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
I am looking at adding these steps to my rig and wonder if anyone knows about them, usability and durability? My old short legs need some help in getting up into the JK and my sweetheart is shorter then me. I am planning on taking the Rubicon on many 4+ trails in the future and need the protection of sliders in the longer unlimited. Thanks in advance for any reviews you may have. Spiritree

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/products/Bestop-HighRock-4x4-Slider-Step-Bars.asp here is a link to there page if you want to take a look.

RoCk-NeSs MoNsTeR
01-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I would break them for sure with the 4+ places that I go. I'm about to add 1 3/4 inch 1/4 wall DOM to my factory Rubicon sliders for a bit more protection.

LowRider
01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Those seem real spendy for what you get. Their are kits out their that do what Rock-Ness is talking about for a lot cheaper. Also just look at some of the vendors here if you are planing on doing 4+ trails. You should be able to find something that is much stronger. I don't think those steps will last very long.

RubiCajun
01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
i'm buying some rubi-rails from jeepswag.com to weld on to my OEM rails. check them out. thick tubes less expensive than most rock rails on the market and make good steps.

spiritree
01-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I am trying to give us a step up into a high step, for our short legs, daily driver. these steps can be in the lower position when not off road but I am worried that when I need them to protect then they will bend up an not work anymore. Thanks for your responses. Spiritree

rubirobv
01-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Well, it looks more like a nerf bar than a rock slider. I understand why you are considering this. For the price I would hope that it has a lifetime guaranty. I would be concerned about the spring loaded mechanism failing as it has moving parts and parts break over time. With limited knowledge of this product, I would think that it could serve your purpose.

I say this because you have a stock rubi and that will limit you to the types of obstacles you can do. I think you'll get hung up on other parts of the Jeep before the sliders take a real pounding. That's based on personal experience.

JMHO :beer:

TEXASKEV
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
OK, nothing like reviving a 3 year old thread:thefinger:

Anyone have them? A guy I know from Bestop keeps telling me that they will hold up pretty good. Sez some have to replace a step now and then from hard core rock contact but its usually covered.

EMG006
01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
OK, nothing like reviving a 3 year old thread:thefinger:

Anyone have them? A guy I know from Bestop keeps telling me that they will hold up pretty good. Sez some have to replace a step now and then from hard core rock contact but its usually covered.

I saw these for the first time last week. They guy said he tried to beat them to hell but couldnt. He has wheeled Moab and a few other places with no issues. A couple have dents. Username is jctnt1. PM him, he can give you the run down. I believe he has had them on for 3 years.

TEXASKEV
01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks!

DrewLuck
01-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I've got them on my 2 door. It is very nice to have the step so low for a DD, and then they store nice and high when on the trail. The body armor is a huge plus. My steps have seen Moab and other wear and tear, and are still holding up strong. With the height of my Jeep, it's nice to have a step that comes low enough for my short A$$...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-oQJWeP50PmM/Tlz3BiZWsvI/AAAAAAAAGis/dvWTwtns4ws/s1024/DSC01355.JPG