Jason's Hemi and Tranny [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Jason's Hemi and Tranny

karnuvore
01-11-2009, 03:12 PM
He's selling it on FJOA. Wish I had 2 grand laying around:

http://www.floridajeepers.net/viewtopic.php?t=52792

Jason
01-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I would have posted that here, but haven't heard of anyone here interested in doing a Hemi swap.

At any rate, if you want the custom built radiator ($600), the computer with wiring harness ($1300) and the headers ($800), all of which are brand spanking new, I'll let those go for an additional $2000. Keep in mind though, that's only if you buy EVERYTHING. Otherwise, I'll sell the radiator, computer with wiring harness, and the headers separately on eBay (they're all still in the box and thus easy to ship).

This was going into the WFTW Jeep...we've run out of time due to so many other modifications still to do, that we've decided to abandon this.

If someone here is wanting to be the big boy on the block and drop a Hemi under their hood, then now would be the time to at least get the major parts, even if you don't plan on doing the swap until later in the year. And I know some of you have that income tax check burning a whole in your pockets! hahahaha

If you can't pay cash, I have PayPal and therefore can accept credit cards.

rooster
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Why couldnt this be March??? Dang it I want this but my bonus wont be in until then.

karnuvore
01-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Why couldnt this be March??? Dang it I want this but my bonus wont be in until then.

Yeah no Sh!t. I've thought LONG and HARD about buying it and letting it sit in the garage for a year or two. Oh well...

As the wife keeps telling me "there'll be other deals..."

Jason
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM

There is someone else interested in the package deal, but I haven't gotten a definite answer from him yet. If he ends up not getting it, then it may still be available in March...never know.

I'm not in a huge rush to unload these parts...but I don't need them any longer, so I thought I'd see if someone else could use them. If they don't sell until March, then no problem...I can wait.

karnuvore
01-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Wasnt that Ben Hendrick fella talking Hemi upgrade?

March eh? Might trick the wife yet.

rooster
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
There is someone else interested in the package deal, but I haven't gotten a definite answer from him yet. If he ends up not getting it, then it may still be available in March...never know.

I'm not in a huge rush to unload these parts...but I don't need them any longer, so I thought I'd see if someone else could use them. If they don't sell until March, then no problem...I can wait.

Then I'll keep that in mind!! I would love to take it off your hands.

HITMONEY
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I'd be all over this like a rash after a night at the whore house if I could have a manual trans. :bawling:

Jason
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I'd be all over this like a rash after a night at the whore house if I could have a manual trans. :bawling:

Hahahaha...funny saying! :D

jdemonto
01-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Thats a deal....

Jason

rooster
01-12-2009, 08:18 AM

OH crap thats true! I was so focused on the Hemi I didnt even give the manual trans part a thought. Ive got an auto now. That would be way too much work.

Jason
01-12-2009, 08:39 AM
You could most likely get a quick $500 for the automatic tranny and then just pick up a manual one. With the money you're saving on the engine and other parts, I don't see you loosing out on anything.

HITMONEY
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
AFAIK you can't as of yet do a manual Hemi swap... correct me if I am wrong.

H8T2W8T
01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Below is from http://www.burnsvilleoffroad.com/

Just choose your level of power and we can handle the rest. We can do these in JK or TJ. We can also do the conversion with a manual transmission. My 2 door JK with a 5.7 and 6 speed manual transmission is one of my favorite jeeps. We use all the best components in our hemi buildups and so far to date we have completed over 120 hemi powered JKs alone! Adding a hemi to your JK takes a great platform and makes it perfect. Give Dan a call or email today to price your buildup. xxx-xxx-xxxx

HITMONEY
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Below is from http://www.burnsvilleoffroad.com/

Well there ya go!!

I think it was Burnsville who told me earlier this year that the manual was a no go.

Huh..

HITMONEY
01-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Ahhh I see where I went wrong... you can't do a manual with a 6.1 Hemi.. at least not yet. You can do a manual with the 5.7.

The AEV hemi swap kit for the JK is $5,249.00.

So rough estimate with Jason's engine, sell his auto, buy a manual, and then I guess min 2k in labor/misc crap... somewhere around 10k minimum to complete the swap. not to bad... not to bad at all.

Only big problem is that this engine is a 07 and for a emissions legal swap it has to be out of the same year or newer and mine is an 08.. not really that big of a deal here in FL as long as you stay here.

Jason
01-12-2009, 04:36 PM
ALL HEMI SWAP ITEMS SOLD!

HITMONEY
01-12-2009, 04:42 PM
ALL HEMI SWAP ITEMS SOLD!

THANK GOD!

Whew... that was a close one.... don't ever do something like that again.

karnuvore
01-12-2009, 05:56 PM
lol

rooster
01-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Dang it! Your kidding. I almost had the wife talked into it!

H8T2W8T
01-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Damn that went fast

Jason
01-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I knew it would sell at that price...was only a matter of who wanted to pony up the pennies.

I've still got a set of five 37" KM2s if anyone is interested in those...$1000.