Speed Calibration [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Speed Calibration

CubbieBlue
01-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I recently switched out my stock 16" rims for 17" rubi take offs. I wanted to check the speed calibration after the switch, so i had a fellow officer clock me via laser and found that my spedometer read 5mph less than i was clocked. 55/60. How do i go about getting recalibrated as we have multiple red light/speed cameras all over town and i dont feel like paying $$$ for a preventable ticket (besides going 5mph slower than speed limit):D Thanks for the help

Dr.Dirty
01-07-2009, 10:43 AM
thats why i just go of my garmin ;)

SDMF
01-07-2009, 10:54 AM
the dealer can update it to the rubicon tire size.

BLAKJAK
01-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Couldn't you buy a pro comp accu pro? Or similar?

--From manuf. desc.--
Read and Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes {DTC’s}
Return to Stock Tuning or Changes Option Settings at any time
Pro Comps new Accu Pro calibration tools are the perfect upgrade for lifted vehicles with larger wheel and tire combinations or gear ratio changes. Accu Pro calibration tools plug directly into your vehicles diagnostic port for easy installation. The calibration tools can read and clear vehicle DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Accu Pro calibration tools also calibrate speedometer and odometer for tire size and differential gear changes. No more wondering how fast you are traveling or what the true miles on your vehicle really is.

gold knight
01-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Couldn't you buy a pro comp accu pro? Or similar?

--From manuf. desc.--
Read and Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes {DTC’s}
Return to Stock Tuning or Changes Option Settings at any time
Pro Comps new Accu Pro calibration tools are the perfect upgrade for lifted vehicles with larger wheel and tire combinations or gear ratio changes. Accu Pro calibration tools plug directly into your vehicles diagnostic port for easy installation. The calibration tools can read and clear vehicle DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Accu Pro calibration tools also calibrate speedometer and odometer for tire size and differential gear changes. No more wondering how fast you are traveling or what the true miles on your vehicle really is.Yes, several people have done it with this or similar (hypertech, etc.) If he's not interested in all the other features and doesn't plan to change tire sizes again, the one-time dealer approach might be cheaper.

But the calibration tools seem like a good thing to have, especially if you think you may change sizes again. A couple of tire size recalibrations would almost pay for it:D.

CubbieBlue
01-11-2009, 09:25 AM
thx for the advice. im getting close to my 6k checkup so ill just have them adjust it then.