UConnect phone problems, help needed [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: UConnect phone problems, help needed

SCSEIN
01-03-2009, 11:14 PM
I just picked up my 2009 liberty limited and it came with the Uconnect GPS unit. When I use the hands free phone I hear a very solid echo from my side of the conversation only. I have tried my actual phone in different locations and it didn't change.

Also I gave my phone a name and it does not "stick" each time I start the car the system resets the phone to the name it has it the database (the model number of the phone).

The 2nd is not that big of an issue but the 1st one is pretty irritating, any ideas?

jacktuttle
01-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I just picked up my 2009 liberty limited and it came with the Uconnect GPS unit. When I use the hands free phone I hear a very solid echo from my side of the conversation only. I have tried my actual phone in different locations and it didn't change.

Also I gave my phone a name and it does not "stick" each time I start the car the system resets the phone to the name it has it the database (the model number of the phone).

The 2nd is not that big of an issue but the 1st one is pretty irritating, any ideas?

Where is the mic located? It sounds like you may need to move it if possible to a better location.