Rubi lugnuts !! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Rubi lugnuts !!

09JK
01-03-2009, 03:32 PM
First off just wanted to say hello. I have a question about lugnuts. Just bought an 09 X last night and I already have a set of rubi wheels and tires. I was wondering if the lugnuts are the same for the two diff type wheels. Mine are the fac X cheapy steel wheels. Thanks !!!

SDMF
01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Yes, they are the same. Welcome to JKO

skibum
01-05-2009, 07:35 AM
I sure hope so cuz that's what's holding the Rubi wheels on my X. :D

CubbieBlue
01-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I sure hope so cuz that's what's holding the Rubi wheels on my X. :D

me too....

09JK
01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
well they have been on for 150 miles and aint passed me on the highway yet LOL Thanks for all replies

Eugene
01-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Lugnuts for steel wheels should not be used if your Rubi wheels are the stock aluminum. Aluminum wheel lugnuts have a larger face where the nut contacts the wheel. I had to replace my lug nuts when I went from aluminum to steel. You can see on the nut on the left for steel where it contacts the wheel. Te nut on the right has the higher sides that fit in the hole on aluminum wheels

09JK
01-09-2009, 10:12 PM
???? REALLLY anyone else heard this

SDMF
01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
All of the lug nuts used on the JK are the same from the factory. They are part number 06036310AA regardless of whether its aluminum or steel.

Cragar recommends using a different lug for their wheels than what comes standard on the JK - the angle of the nut is slightly different.

Eugene
01-09-2009, 10:32 PM
All of the lug nuts used on the JK are the same from the factory. They are part number 06036310AA regardless of whether its aluminum or steel.

Cragar recommends using a different lug for their wheels than what comes standard on the JK - the angle of the nut is slightly different.

I know that you can use a lug nut from an aluminum wheel on steel. I was warned not to use the steel wheel lug nuts on aluminum. The smaller surface area will gouge the hole.

SDMF
01-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I know that you can use a lug nut from an aluminum wheel on steel. I was warned not to use the steel wheel lug nuts on aluminum. The smaller surface area will gouge the hole.

Is that a pic of a lug nut that cam from chrysler on a steal wheel? Because in the parts index they only list the one part number for all wheel types.

Eugene
01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Is that a pic of a lug nut that cam from chrysler on a steal wheel? Because in the parts index they only list the one part number for all wheel types.

The lug nut on the left for my steel wheels came from Kragen. The nut on the right is the stock lug nut from my Rubicon aluminum wheels. I also remembered that with the steel wheel nut, you can see where the wheel centers and the load is carried. With the aluminum lug nut the load is spread over more of the nut face.

SDMF
01-09-2009, 10:47 PM
The lug nut on the left for my steel wheels came from Kragen. The nut on the right is the stock lug nut from my Rubicon aluminum wheels. I also remembered that with the steel wheel nut, you can see where the wheel centers and the load is carried. With the aluminum lug nut the load is spread over more of the nut face.

okay, just making sure.

He was asking if he could use the lug nuts that came on his stock steel wheels, which he can, because Jeep uses the same lug nuts on all wheels. :beer:

skibum
01-10-2009, 08:24 AM
The lug nut pictured on the right is what came with my stock steel wheels. I checked with the dealer before I installed my Rubi wheels and was told that the lugnuts used on all JKs are identical. Further, I asked to see the microfiche and only one P/N is listed for all JKs.

09JK
01-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks for everyones help I started to get a little nervous there LOL

RiggerMike
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
. With the aluminum lug nut the load is spread over more of the nut face.

You said nut face.

skibum
01-10-2009, 03:24 PM
You said nut face.

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

bodyguy
01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
You said nut face.

Anyone have a picture of THAT :shaking:

Just JK'in
04-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Sorry for the hijack but does anybody know the ones recommended for cragar I just bought soft 8s and I have the 16 inch steelies now