Light Weight Trailers [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Light Weight Trailers

Dustoff '68
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Here's what some may have been waiting for...a light weight trailer, weighing less then 400 lbs., and can haul a 1/2 ton payload...roto molded, and virtually indestructable......comes in 6 colors

HITMONEY
01-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah.. i saw that somewhere.. I think on Adventure Forums.. kinda pricey if i remember correctly.. but cool non the less.

StubEXrube
01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Who knew Fisher Price would start making trailers.

It actually would look good in black or gray. That red and yellow look pretty bad. My only concern would be the long term strength & how well it would hold up to prolonged sunlight/ UV protection. A ton of payload...wow.

Cool find Dusty.

Dustoff '68
01-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Not pricey at all...less then $2000 delivered anywhere in the continental US...I haven't found a similar item in aluminum or steel about the same size for less the 6 big ones...

Dustoff '68
01-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Who knew Fisher Price would start making trailers.

It actually would look good in black or gray. That red and yellow look pretty bad. My only concern would be the long term strength & how well it would hold up to prolonged sunlight/ UV protection. A ton of payload...wow.

Cool find Dusty.

Go to www.triumphboats.com and learn about roto molding and polyetheline...the colors are through and through, no need to wax or worry about spider cracks or fading like fiberglass/gel coat, and they do not deform when struck...dent proof...I suppose if you live on Mars, where the temp is about 300+ degrees F in the shade, there would be a concern...yes, it comes in black...and grey.

P.S. I'm going to set up a distributorship on this "Tonka" toy in Maine, and I'll think about getting a yellow star here as a vendor...I need to diversify and keep busy.

StubEXrube
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Go to triumphboats.com and learn about roto molding and polyetheline...the colors are through and through, no need to wax or worry about spider cracks or fading like fiberglass/gel coat, and they do not deform when struck...dent proof...I suppose if you live on Mars, where the temp is about #00+ degrees F in the shade, there would be a concern...yes, it comes in black...and grey

Thanks for the info. That's a great deal delivered. Sounds like their pretty bomb-proof. That's great that they are so lightweight....especially for the 2 door/ short wheelbase jeep owners. Also nice to be able to close/ cover/ hide the payload as well. I hate getting to the camping spot with firewood completely soaked.

SDMF
01-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Can you lift it and put 35s on it? would have to change the hitch too.

Dustoff '68
01-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Can you lift it and put 35s on it? would have to change the hitch too.

You can do amything you want....now, I corrected the payload...it's 1000 lbs...besides the standard colors, for more money, you can get custom colors, which I believe will be about @00 or so...here's some more pics....

HITMONEY
01-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Not pricey at all...less then $2000 delivered anywhere in the continental US...I haven't found a similar item in aluminum or steel about the same size for less the 6 big ones...

I guess you and I have different opinions of "Pricey". Although I really like these trailers.. it would be hard for me to spend 2k on a plastic trailer.

Ya never know though... I said the same thing about buying a 32k jeep made out of old Pepsi cans with a mini van motor.

:smokin:

HITMONEY
01-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Now selling these Barbie trailers... now thats a good idea Dustoff... wouldn't mind selling em myself.

B'ham Jeeper
01-02-2009, 06:15 PM
What size tires does this trailer use? They look really small, any problems?

Dustoff '68
01-02-2009, 06:44 PM
What size tires does this trailer use? They look really small, any problems?

12" standard, 13" $50.00 upgrade...can go up to 15"

Dustoff '68
01-02-2009, 06:50 PM
I guess you and I have different opinions of "Pricey". Although I really like these trailers.. it would be hard for me to spend 2k on a plastic trailer.

Ya never know though... I said the same thing about buying a 32k jeep made out of old Pepsi cans with a mini van motor.

:smokin:

It's all relative...many will spend the same 2K on some purposeless soft top that reduces the cargo capacity of a JK and think that's usefull...2K for a trailer that will outlive you, your kids, and your kids grand kids, I suppose has more utility...it fulfills a market looking for utility, hauling capacity, and offroad ruggedness that a three thousand dollar set of wheels and tires doesn't do. If you don't camp, don't bike, don't ski, don't surf, don't wind sail, don't dive, don't travel long distances in your JK, don't kayak, don't canoe, don't have any need whatsoever to haul more then a box of condoms and a six pack on your next adventure, then the trailer is not for you.;)

offroader613
01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Hmmm, might have to think about it. Need to build a dam garage out in the industrial park first. At least I get to see it behind a WJ. Need to get the hitch too.

Chrisbuilt
01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.pulmor.com/
2600 lb payload.
http://www.besttrailerinc.com/PulmorTrailer.htm

Hilldweller
01-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Can you mount a rack to the lid? If so, how much weight can it hold?
RTT-oriented question.

Chrisbuilt
01-03-2009, 06:39 AM
http://www.pulmor.com/fjMtns6x4.jpg

looks like you can pretty easily.

karnuvore
01-03-2009, 07:15 AM
can you mount one of those roof rack tents on the top of it? What's the weight capacity for cargo etc. on the lid?

Does it come w/ barbie and ken or is that extra (had to lol)? Honestly, they do look ok, but I dunno if I'd buy one.

JIMBOX
01-03-2009, 07:30 AM
:grinpimp: You be the judge

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/PICT0112.jpg

The Pulmor is a lot cheaper than a TENTRAX/AT/CAMPO/Kamparoo/etc; but it would take a lot of mods to function off road--you be the judge

:smokin::eyemouth: JIMBO

Dragline
01-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Anyone know if it will float? Looks like it might...

Dustoff '68
01-03-2009, 07:51 AM
It will function offroad out of the box...bigger and wider tires would be on my list of mods, though...the lid is removable, so I would say that adding a tent like the tentrax type should not be an issue....it is made out of Roplene/polyetheline...floats, unlike fiberglass, aluminum, steel, which don't...

karnuvore
01-03-2009, 08:45 AM
:grinpimp: You be the judge

The Pulmor is a lot cheaper than a TENTRAX/AT/CAMPO/Kamparoo/etc; but it would take a lot of mods to function off road--you be the judge

:smokin::eyemouth: JIMBO

Which kind is that ^?

RotorHead
01-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I like the tub and think you're right, it has great potential for distributorship. There is a whole other market out there besides us hard core Jeepers. These would be great for mini van families.

I also like them for the off road potentials. They would look nice with some 35's or 37's and nice wheels. Throw on a pentle (sp?) hitch and call it a day. My only concern off road would be the frame strength. It looks kind of weak, but maybe the box add's a lot to the structure.

SilverJK41
01-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Fill it full of beer & ice!
That would be one hell of a cooler.:beer::beer::D

Alec W
01-03-2009, 09:15 AM
It, looks like it would be easy to remove the flares and put bigger wheels/tires on one. One of the reasons I got a 4 door is so I can take all my camping gear, but for a 2 door thatís a cool little trailer.

JIMBOX
01-03-2009, 09:19 AM
:smokin: It's a TENTRAX and they're STUPENDOUS, made in EUGENE, Oregon

Which kind is that ^?

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/jimbowby/IMGP0697.jpg

Checkitout on the internet--www.tentrax.com

:grinpimp::shaking: JIMBO

chromedome
01-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Looks like a giant ice chest with wheels.
Perfect for bringing the :beer:

usmcdoc14
01-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Lifting it would be retardedly simple.
its sprung under, do an axle flip. Cut any flare in the way and add some short soft shocks and mounts to get rid of bounce (almost all of the "off-road" trailers have no friggen shocks :shaking: )

HUNGLYKAMUL
01-13-2009, 05:39 PM
PM your way Dusty...just what I need....

Billy_Goat
01-13-2009, 06:34 PM
I heard there's a trailer like that with a top that doubles as a boat but I haven't seen it yet. That would be cool. Anyway I was just reading all the threads about small trailers on teh PBB yesterday but didn't really find what I'm looking for. I want to find a cheap, and very small, tent trailer like an old coleman and lift it with springs, shocks, bigger tires, and armor etc. And I'll add length to the tongue for a dirt bike or two. I want a place I can stand up in, chill in, cook etc. And I don't think I could chill in one of those roof top or trailer top tents. One of these days when I get some extra cash I'll start searching Craigslist for what I want. Good luck on your new venture Dustoff:D

Broncojohn
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I love the look of these trailer, but I just don't see why they cost so much. $3500 for a rolling box. You can buy a 12' enclosed for that for the full price with all the extras ($7800) I would expect it to have a flushing toilet or hooker. Damn I need to change my job.

JR
01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
It's a big Igloo cooler on wheels.

Dustoff '68
01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, sold 6 of these puppies...had them all parked in my driveway in Bangor, and put up a 4 Sale sign, and some printed ads at the local Shaw's supermarket and they went in 3 days...still waiting on getting a distributorship...

Grover
01-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I think you should sell them to cuba. It is perfect for the float over.

Dustoff '68
01-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Hmmm...I don't think I want to encourage any more overly self entitled immigrants to our shores...they've already phucked up Miami/Dade/Broward Counties with Castro's prison population.

HITMONEY
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Hmmm...I don't think I want to encourage any more overly self entitled immigrants to our shores...they've already phucked up Miami/Dade/Broward Counties with Castro's prison population.

You speaketh the trutheth!!!!!!!

Grover
01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
yeah. you had the horrible headache of being born in this great country. Those undeserving asses spent months converting a volkswagon into a raft to spend seven days at sea starving and scared all for a taste of our sweet freedom. I am sure they are many ex-cons looking for a free ride, but how can you not respect the ones so hungry for democracy they are willing to die for it.

Sorry. Back to trailers.

Dustoff '68
01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Can you say Marielito?

Dustoff '68
01-23-2009, 11:21 AM
P.S. Biggest phucking crime wave, corrupt police, drugs came shortly after the Mariel Express...the Colombians were blamed for the cocaine nightmare, but the reality was that it was the Cubans who brought all that $hit into America.....

HITMONEY
01-23-2009, 11:23 AM
yeah. you had the horrible headache of being born in this great country. Those undeserving asses spent months converting a volkswagon into a raft to spend seven days at sea starving and scared all for a taste of our sweet freedom. I am sure they are many ex-cons looking for a free ride, but how can you not respect the ones so hungry for democracy they are willing to die for it.

Sorry. Back to trailers.

Can you say Marielito?

Mariel Boatlift (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariel_boatlift)

Changed the course of Miami forever...

Watch the movie "Cocain Cowboys" as well.

Grover
01-24-2009, 01:17 PM
you think that has anything to do with the families that float over here today? you are talking about castro shipping prisoners to the US in the late 70s/early 80s right? I think that is apples and oranges.

Dustoff '68
01-26-2009, 02:23 PM
you think that has anything to do with the families that float over here today? you are talking about castro shipping prisoners to the US in the late 70s/early 80s right? I think that is apples and oranges.

Cuban Readjustment Act needs to be rescinded...the "families" that float here today are no different then ANY other foreign national who wants to come to these shores from countries that have horrific human rights records...the Cubans should not get any special dispensation any longer...if a Cuban who illegally migrates here gets his feet on terra firma, he gets to stay...no other foreign national has that privilege...I call that bull $hit...the policy on immigration needs to apply equally to all, and not just one entitled group who no longer serve any purpose when it comes to national security or political propaganda...:shaking: