Deep Creek Run 1/2 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Deep Creek Run 1/2

BOXRCON
01-01-2009, 06:23 PM
SNOW RUN. DISHPAN SPRINGS.

Planning to do a run up to Deep Creeek tomorrow. For those that have not been to deep creek you can catch a glimpse of the trail at the link below. I am uncertain of the snow depth, so this will be an experimental run. May have to turn around if too deep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm36_D2ABy0

We are meeting at 8AM at the Starbuck's in San Bernardino directly north of the 210 on HWY 18 exit north. (see below)

292 E 40th St
San Bernardino, CA 92404

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=starbucks&sll=34.152869,-117.279739&sspn=0.034165,0.076904&ie=UTF8&ll=34.177725,-117.281628&spn=0.068309,0.153809&z=13&iwloc=A

If this meeting place is out of the way, shoot me a PM. We will target to be at the trailhead around 9AM.

THE CREEK CROSSING IS AT 34.268364,-117.128648, THIS IS WHERE WE WILL HOOK UP IF NOT MEETING AT STARBUCKS. THIS IS WHERE THE TRAIL HEAD STARTS. FROM THIS POINT WE HEAD STRAIGHT TOWARDS CRAB FLATS.

4x4LOYR
01-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Chad, thanks for the "heads-up" on the run tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make this one. Have a good time, bring a shovel, adn take pictures.

Ty...

Riverkid
01-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Dang. Pulled my York air compressor off today (broke a rod on one piston) and couldn't get the factory Serpetine today to head up there! Sounds like fun for sure!

Tycoon
01-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Be There!!

BOXRCON
01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
No worries guys. I will post some vids and pics after the run so that you get an idea of the trail conditions.

So far there are 3 jeeps.

chromedome
01-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Chad where's the pix? I'm stuck in the house sick as a dog.:bawling:
I'm counting on the rest of you guys for some pix!
Thanks

BOXRCON
01-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I will be compiling and editing the video clips over the next day. All I can say is a 3 hour run took 8+ hours. The trail had a steady 12 inches plus of snow. Then to top it off, the road from Crab Flats to Green Valley is not plowed, toward the last climb the snow is easily 2 feet deep in spots. I high centered the Jeep (with 37X13.50's) in the snow at least 4-5 times in a 1/4 mile section. Needless to say this run was hard on the Jeeps, burned a 1/2 tank on the trail. I lost a bead on the rear drivers, caught it leaking early at was able to reseat it with the help of my CO2 tank.

For those of you doing Dishpan in the near future, you now have a path in the snow thanks to TYCOON snow plowing with the HEMI and 40 inch tires. There is a large coffin rock that broke lose shortly after the start of the trail (creek side). It is in the direct center of the trail, hard to get around with snow, but may be easier once a little drier.

We ran into two down trees and were able to move or chop them out of the way.

Only used the winch 7 times on the run :shaking:. Used the shovel twice. Used the Ax once. Used the snatch block once. Used the sledge hammer twice.

What a run :smokin: . Video to come.

BOXRCON
01-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Here is the video. It goes quick, the middle is some footage of Dishpan Waterfall. :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db66fNK7suI

Tycoon
01-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah I think I'm done with the snow runs for the season. Chad and I tried to get some other peeps to join us on this run at the last minute but this was the only response we received. lol, Chad posted Deep Creek and I posted Dishpan. Didn't work, we were caught by the other forum spies. What's funny about the whole thing is they are making enemy's out of dual forum members that are just looking to wheel, not get caught up in some bull **** forum to forum drama. I could give a **** who said what to who, get used to it!, it's an unfriendly world out there. I see it as a matter of time before they loose half or more of the SoCal group due to their antics.

Lol, got a kick out this.

[Tycoon,

It has been brought to my attention that the recent Dishpan Run for 1/2 is posted both on this forum and on a forum that you know is openly hostile toward JK-Forum.com. I know that Deep Creek is the same trail; therefore I am deleting your thread on this forum. You know the rules yet you still try to wiggle around them. I'm sorry if you think this is unfair in doing so but these are our rules, like them or not.

Sincerely,

toad]

:thefinger:

Worked out better anyway. Anymore Jeeps on the trail would have been Hell.

RiggerMike
01-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah I think I'm done with the snow runs for the season. Chad and I tried to get some other peeps to join us on this run at the last minute but this was the only response we received. lol, Chad posted Deep Creek and I posted Dishpan. Didn't work, we were caught by the other forum spies. What's funny about the whole thing is they are making enemy's out of dual forum members that are just looking to wheel, not get caught up in some bull **** forum to forum drama. I could give a **** who said what to who, get used to it!, it's an unfriendly world out there. I see it as a matter of time before they loose half or more of the SoCal group due to their antics.

Lol, got a kick out this.

[Tycoon,

It has been brought to my attention that the recent Dishpan Run for 1/2 is posted both on this forum and on a forum that you know is openly hostile toward JK-Forum.com. I know that Deep Creek is the same trail; therefore I am deleting your thread on this forum. You know the rules yet you still try to wiggle around them. I'm sorry if you think this is unfair in doing so but these are our rules, like them or not.

Sincerely,

toad]

:thefinger:

Worked out better anyway. Anymore Jeeps on the trail would have been Hell.

Wow, it's really getting silly over there.... reminds me of middle school girls.
Looks like a tough run in all that snow.

jkpirate
01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Great vidio. last year I went up to green vally lake area, heading twards crab flats and got high centerd in deep snow, It took six hours to turn around and get out.

4x4LOYR
01-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Great video. Looks like a good time.

Ty...

Riverkid
01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Here is the video. It goes quick, the middle is some footage of Dishpan Waterfall. :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db66fNK7suI

Nice vid! Looks like fun!:beer:

chromedome
01-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Had I not been home sick I'd have been there. Looks like lots of fun and lots of work. Thanks for the excellent vid, damn those batteries!

SDMF
01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Looks like a workout for the jeeps motor.

BOXRCON
01-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah I would say it was hard on the jeeps all around. I am not interested in doing this again in my Jeep anytime soon.

But I would ride along with somebody else :thefinger:.

I would also bring an extra long strap, you start to run out of winching spots on the road out.:shaking:

BOXRCON
01-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Had I not been home sick I'd have been there. Looks like lots of fun and lots of work. Thanks for the excellent vid, damn those batteries!

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe we head down to the desert when you are out from under the weather.

Lensman
01-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Looks like fun.

You guys are Freakin Crazy!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Great video chad.

chromedome
01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Hope you feel better soon. Maybe we head down to the desert when you are out from under the weather.

Thanks! I'm feeling a little better everyday. Should be good to go by next weekend. I'm really interested in "Bullfrog". Hundy ran it a week or so ago, looks like fun!

BOXRCON
01-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks! I'm feeling a little better everyday. Should be good to go by next weekend. I'm really interested in "Bullfrog". Hundy ran it a week or so ago, looks like fun!

Now I feel like crap, hopefully it is only a 24 hour thing.

chromedome
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry, I thought I disinfected the keyboard!
Take it EZ get well!