My stock 08 Wrangler Sahara [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: My stock 08 Wrangler Sahara

TennesseeJeeper615
01-01-2009, 09:27 AM
My 2008, stock right now. Plan to do a lift and other stuff at around 35,000 miles.

bodyguy
01-01-2009, 09:48 AM
How can you wait like that? Its supposed to be every penny towards the heep as quickly and well thought out as possible

Grant211
01-01-2009, 10:26 AM
why start modding at 35,000 miles?

For me, that would mean i'd have to wait 3 1/2 to 4 years till i started modding my jeep then i'd only get the pleasure of having it modded for about 6 months to a year before I trade it in....

TennesseeJeeper615
01-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I know. Got other things to do and paying down debit is at the top. I figure 35K for the tire life. When I get ready for new tires, just do it all at once. What I am looking for is about 2 or 2.5 inches. Bigger tires and bead lock 17' wheels. All cash with as little credit as possible. Looking for a good lock box for the back.

karnuvore
01-01-2009, 05:10 PM
DONT WAIT.

Especially if you plan on wheeling it.

DONT WAIT.

Dustoff '68
01-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Good thinking...when the tires go, good time for those mods...that is if you believe the JK is worth throwing that kind of money into...don't forget, you can wheel in 90%+ of the places that most folk who are in hock up to their ears, and for life, and just a week or so away from repossession of Jeep, and double wide trailer guys wheel...;)

vegasjeep
01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Good thinking...when the tires go, good time for those mods...that is if you believe the JK is worth throwing that kind of money into...don't forget, you can wheel in 90%+ of the places that most folk who are in hock up to their ears, and for life, and just a week or so away from repossession of Jeep, and double wide trailer guys wheel...;)

I did it a little differently. I said hell... my stock tires with zero miles are worth something. And they were 1k for tires and rims. THat paid for most my new tires :D

TennesseeJeeper615
01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
I figure 35K will give me a good sense of the build quality for the JK line (I should have kept my 98 4.0). I think all of the electronics involved on the new jeeps will cause major problems down the road. Its nice to have the myGig system etc but could have settled for manual windows, stick shift instead of my auto transmission with power everything including comm link to NASA. Unless I win the lottery or start pimping, mods will have to wait. Maybe I will go out and get new floor mats this weekend. That makes it more off road capable right, heavy duty floor mats?