winch switch inside Jeep for 9.5TI [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: winch switch inside Jeep for 9.5TI

vegasjeep
12-30-2008, 12:41 AM
ANyone ever do one?

WTF_LOL
12-30-2008, 01:23 AM
I was gonna do a quick write up tomorrow when I could get a couple more pics but here ya go. Shows a different model but should be the same. Just locate the proper wires.

Based on information found on the internet and modified a little for how I did it. Works just fine for me.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/tscottcarman/InCabWinchControl.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/tscottcarman/P1010015-2.jpg

WTF_LOL
12-30-2008, 01:41 AM
9.5ti solenoid

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/sodapop_yj/Warn%2095ti/100_1358.jpg

WTF_LOL
12-30-2008, 01:55 AM
BTW, when I was looking for a pic of the selonoid I found this thread. May be one you might wanna bookmark if thats the winch you have :beer:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=69556

12voltguy.com
12-30-2008, 12:45 PM
ANyone ever do one?

post just below yours

pic under my name
I also make small 2x2.5 starting at $35.99
http://12voltguy.com/web/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=20&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=43
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5102

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4949&stc=1&d=1230403767

vegasjeep
12-31-2008, 11:13 PM
thanks for the thread link. Bookmarked.....

I am going to do an in cab winch controller with some Aux switched. Hate getting out the remote every time I need ot winch.

WTF_LOL
12-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Hate getting out the remote every time I need ot winch.

Thats why I did it also. I still would get out and use the remote for some crazy extraction but for those little trail yanks on the rig in front of you it is nice to not have to do anything but hit a switch while they cary the line, lol

John L
01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
That's cool Scott, nice job. I've been wanting to do the same thing but I'm having trouble finding a schematic for the Powerplant. It's got some funky eight pin remote I can't seem to crack with the ohm meter. I read somewhere that the Powerplant is really a 9.5TI with the air stuff on it, can anyone confirm this? If it is, you have just solved my problem Scott.

12voltguy.com
01-02-2009, 10:33 AM
That's cool Scott, nice job. I've been wanting to do the same thing but I'm having trouble finding a schematic for the Powerplant. It's got some funky eight pin remote I can't seem to crack with the ohm meter. I read somewhere that the Powerplant is really a 9.5TI with the air stuff on it, can anyone confirm this? If it is, you have just solved my problem Scott.

email me
I have it;)

WTF_LOL
01-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Sounds like 12 volt guy has the schematics but now I am curious as to why the remote has 8 pins???

Is there aditional controls on the remote other then winch in/out??

If you have it handy, what color are the wires in the remote? DO they all connect to solenoid terminals?

Sorry bout all the questions, lol. Just can't see why there would be more then five

12voltguy.com
01-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Sounds like 12 volt guy has the schematics but now I am curious as to why the remote has 8 pins???

If you have it handy, what color are the wires in the remote? DO they all connect to solenoid terminals?

Sorry bout all the questions, lol. Just can't see why there would be more then five

I have the factory schematic
shows only 6 wires

BLK- LOOKS LIKE GROUND, NOT THERE IS NO DSPEC ON SHEET

GRN-POWER IN

ORN-POWER OUT..............ALSO COMNPTRSSOR ON

BRN-LED, COULKD BE SAME AS 9.5 TI OVERHEAT LED? SHOWS 1K RESISTOR
IN LINE WITH BLK

WHT-OFF

THESE 2 ARE COMPRESSOR

ORN-ON

BLU-OFF

WTF_LOL
01-02-2009, 11:24 AM
shows only 6 wires

GRN-POWER IN

IN LINE WITH BLK

WHT-OFF

THESE 2 ARE COMPRESSOR

ORN-ON

BLU-OFF

Thats interesting, thanks for sharing 12voltguy! :beer:

Looks like they changed it up quite a bit. On all the previous 5 pin Warns I have looked at White=power, Brown=Ground and Black=Winch out

Wish they would have kept it the same. Oh well, gues that would have been too easy :shaking:

12voltguy.com
01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Thats interesting, thanks for sharing 12voltguy! :beer:

Looks like they changed it up quite a bit. On all the previous 5 pin Warns I have looked at White=power, Brown=Ground and Black=Winch out

Wish they would have kept it the same. Oh well, gues that would have been too easy :shaking:

easy to find ground with ohm meter
power in/out use a test light & habd remote
all warns except this PP are
brown=ground
green=in
black= out
only need to connect to these 3
older ones diod not even need the ground, the solenoids packs were grounded

any questions you think I can answer, just ask here, call pm email

I gota get back to work:D running 2-4 weeks behind:eek:

lbh
01-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I will be ordering the 12 volt setup.

John L
01-03-2009, 07:42 AM

shows only 6 wires

GRN-POWER IN

IN LINE WITH BLK

WHT-OFF

THESE 2 ARE COMPRESSOR

ORN-ON

BLU-OFF

You guys are right of course, I was working off a fuzzy memory. 6 pins it is. the other control on the remote is the air on/off switch.
And yes, the remote has the overheat led in it.
I can't tell what color the wires are in the remote, it's sealed up tight, no external screws, plug molded on. I still need to pull the winch out and take it apart to get to the wiring, but I have something to go off now, thanks!!!

nightmare73
01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Are you also running a light in the dash to let you know if you over heat the winch?

12voltguy.com
01-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Are you also running a light in the dash to let you know if you over heat the winch?

if you are asking me, yes my ti panels have 2 lights
a LED tipped toggle under red cover to show armed, & a LED in the panel engraved "HOT" hooked to thremal sensor on winch;)

jeepik
01-30-2009, 09:24 AM
can you make it work with all the features of the powerplant??

like on/off switch for the compressor???

that would be awesome, i hate getting the remote out everytime, this would save some precious time for sure

12voltguy.com
01-30-2009, 09:55 AM

that would be awesome, i hate getting the remote out everytime, this would save some precious time for sure

I have had customers do that.
I just put an on/off switch in panel, engrave air or a red cover with air decal
Just need to poke around inside winch & find the wire that powers up in air position, I have diagram to help.;)

Dr.Dirty
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
i want to do this for my warn m8000 anyone have the wiring for that one

12voltguy.com
01-30-2009, 11:12 AM
i want to do this for my warn m8000 anyone have the wiring for that one
EMAIL ME
I thought I made it clear I DO THIS FOR A LIVING:grinpimp:
But will email you a wire sheet FREE

HITMONEY
01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
I like this!

I just ordered the new Mile Marker V10 and Moose is getting my 9.5ti

A wireless controller would be an easier solution... but in cab controls are just cooler. :smokin:

bfj aka tambil
01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
EMAIL ME
I thought I made it clear I DO THIS FOR A LIVING:grinpimp:
But will email you a wire sheet FREE

I had to LOL on that one...:beer:

You are definitely the one I will buy my switch from.!

Soon btw.

John L
01-30-2009, 05:41 PM

I'm in the process of doing full function cab controls for the Powerplant, the 12volt guy is helping out. I'm still waiting on one part, it was re-routed because of the ice storm.
I'll do a full write-up on it.

07_Rubi
02-22-2009, 07:33 AM
post just below yours

pic under my name
I also make small 2x2.5 starting at $35.99
http://12voltguy.com/web/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=20&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=43
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5102

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4949&stc=1&d=1230403767
love that switch panel...would love one just like it. can you send me a pm about pricing?

07_Rubi
02-22-2009, 07:34 AM
love that switch panel...would love one just like it. can you send me a pm about pricing?
nvm just found it :)

seer
02-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Just a question, does the lower location on that switch bug anyone else? It seems like the fumbling around and looking down at it could be a real safety issue. As 12vot guy is already building me a lower panel w/o a winch switch, I think I'll wait until he gets around to an upper replacement panel for that.

12voltguy.com
02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Just a question, does the lower location on that switch bug anyone else? It seems like the fumbling around and looking down at it could be a real safety issue. As 12vot guy is already building me a lower panel w/o a winch switch, I think I'll wait until he gets around to an upper replacement panel for that.

Trying to get yours done today:grinpimp:
NO TIME FOR UPPER DASH POD at this time...:(

seer
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Trying to get yours done today:grinpimp:
NO TIME FOR UPPER DASH POD at this time...:(

Cool. No hurry for the upper dash pod right now. I bet we'll be talkin' sometime this summer about it.