Where to camp in Ocala? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Where to camp in Ocala?

Moose512
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
I have a friend going to Hardrock & ONF in two weeks and he asked me for camping advice. I have only camped at Hardrock and do not know of alternatives to tell him.

Hardrock was fine for me (as long as you don't have to use the facilities:D) but do you guys have any better spots?

rooster
12-30-2008, 10:54 AM
The Lake in the Forest Resort. It is in the Ocala forest just off hwy 40. Call Debbie at 877-543-3765 to make your reservations. There are plenty of tent sites/cabins/RV sites available. Ive stayed there and it was really nice. If you pull out of the place and go left you can enter the forest trails about a 1/2 mile up.

karnuvore
12-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I like camping at Big scrub in the south western section of the forest. They have hot showers and sh!tters. Not a lot of shade, but it's in the heart of a lotta trails that I like to ride. Granted, the forest is changing fast w/ the new 4wd routes and closing of unmarked trails etc.

Still...some fun riding if you're after sand trails (which I like). Beware the pinstriping though. Trails are tight and sticky.

Moose512
12-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Thank you guys. I knew you would have some better spots.