TJ Rubicon locker switch to control JK lockers [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: TJ Rubicon locker switch to control JK lockers

?????
10-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Have there been any write-ups or wiring diagrams to show how to control the JK Rubicon D44 lockers with the locker switch that comes with the TJ Rubicon?

luigi0523
10-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Looks to me that a switch can't be used, but take a look. http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/JKLockerHacks.php

paragon
10-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Have there been any write-ups or wiring diagrams to show how to control the JK Rubicon D44 lockers with the locker switch that comes with the TJ Rubicon?

On what? Are you talking about adding JK Rubicon D44s to something or is this on a JK Rubicon.

?????
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
On what? Are you talking about adding JK Rubicon D44s to something or is this on a JK Rubicon.

I'm talking about adding JK Rubicon Axles to a 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon. If I could keep the axle lock switch that is already in the dash of my TJ Rubicon to control the electric lockers in the JK Rubicon axles, that would be great.

Getting the 'front axle lock' and 'rear axle lock' lights in the guage cluster to flash while trying to engage or disengage and then remain constant when locked would be a plus too.

I'm really not that familiar with how the TJ Rubicon switch works either, but with some more research I could probably find more info.

paragon
11-01-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm talking about adding JK Rubicon Axles to a 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon. If I could keep the axle lock switch that is already in the dash of my TJ Rubicon to control the electric lockers in the JK Rubicon axles, that would be great.

Getting the 'front axle lock' and 'rear axle lock' lights in the guage cluster to flash while trying to engage or disengage and then remain constant when locked would be a plus too.

I'm really not that familiar with how the TJ Rubicon switch works either, but with some more research I could probably find more info.

I don't know about the blinking, but I don't think it would be that difficult since you would just wire it direct using relays. The JK is, of course, electrical and uses an indicator for locked/unlocked. I'm pretty sure it would be easy to determine what the indicator reads back out and have that relayed back to the dash lights for the locker indication.

I don't know that I've seen someone use the axles yet though to offer an actual write-up. But I'm thinking it wouldn't be all that difficult at all by just separating the switch and indicator lamp away from the stock wiring all-together (worse-case scenario)

BeerMonkeY
11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
the lights and switch (up to relay) might be controlled byt the can-bus system to.

PhilD
11-01-2007, 07:30 PM
The lockers are pretty basic 2 wire circuits and the axles have a locked indicator, so I would think it should be pretty simple. I don't know the TJ Rubi wiring, but I would have thought it would not be difficult to set it up for the new 44's.

paragon
11-01-2007, 08:33 PM
The lockers are pretty basic 2 wire circuits and the axles have a locked indicator, so I would think it should be pretty simple. I don't know the TJ Rubi wiring, but I would have thought it would not be difficult to set it up for the new 44's.
How come it was so hard for me to try to say the same thing?

PhilD
11-02-2007, 06:15 AM
How come it was so hard for me to try to say the same thing?:D:D:D

?????
11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Sounds like I should be able to make it work by running the wires from the TJ switch to the front and rear lockers instead of the front and rear air compressors that power the TJ lockers. And then run the JK indicator wire from the axle back to the TJ indicator wire.

They're still assumptions though since I haven't taken the switch and locker wiring apart yet.

PhilD
11-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Sounds like I should be able to make it work by running the wires from the TJ switch to the front and rear lockers instead of the front and rear air compressors that power the TJ lockers. And then run the JK indicator wire from the axle back to the TJ indicator wire.

They're still assumptions though since I haven't taken the switch and locker wiring apart yet.That's what I would of thought also, I don;t think it should be difficult.