More Horse Power [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: More Horse Power

slowburn
12-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I own a 2008 JK WITH 4.,5 Rubicon lift, 488 gears 35' pro comp tires. Looking for a little bit more horse power. Need info

Proud Rebel
12-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Have you checked into Hypertech programmer?

bfj aka tambil
12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
There is a great deal on a Ripp supercharger on Ebay.

bodyguy
12-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Hemi, seriously I don't think you will be able to get some serious power from the 3.8. I'm sure in a year or so someone will come out with some upgrades heads, cam, maybe a stroker kit but for now we are stuck with a mini van motor that no one has had the interest to do any thing with.

Proud Rebel
12-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Hemi, seriously I don't think you will be able to get some serious power from the 3.8. I'm sure in a year or so someone will come out with some upgrades heads, cam, maybe a stroker kit but for now we are stuck with a mini van motor that no one has had the interest to do any thing with.

Yea what where they thinking at Jeep?:shaking:

Grant211
12-15-2008, 10:04 AM
exhaust, headers, cold air intake, maybe a colder range spark plug or a higher flow fuel injectors, electric fan, programmer, supercharger, turbo, change engine to a diesel or v-8 like a 318, 360, or a hemi

the list can go on and on...

TroutDoc7
02-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Put a JET performance chip in my JK and was very impressed. Must use mid range octane or premium octane depending on the chip you buy. Extremely easy to install. Best price I found was 4wheelparts. Extra cost of higher octane offset by increased MPG.

sempermarc
02-13-2009, 08:33 PM
If you have $25K laying around get a Hemi! or for about $5K get an Avenger or Ripp supercharger. Personally, I don't have the $25K to burn so the supercharger will be my choice.

macdougallusaf
08-03-2009, 04:41 PM
i just recently got a AFE Cold air, Gibson headers & dual exhaust, Superchip, Throttle body spacer. Have not been home since i bought it all though. still in Afghanistan. Will let u know how it goes. But the Cold air, exhaust and throttle body i had on for a couple weeks before i left i thought i noticed alot of differance, even with the 35's on it. Just my input. But a lot of people say the throttle body spacer is B.S. But i think it sounds bad ass and works. But maybe i like the whistle so much, im on the throttle more. Can't say i've noticed fuel mileage tho. Maybe even went down a little....

Born2run
08-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Go for JATO (Jet assisted take off) surplus from the Air Force....By golly then you can fly....Get over it....it's a jeep...better yet buy a Lambo....zoommmmm:pissed:

Alter Ego
08-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Go for JATO (Jet assisted take off) ...

It's like nitrous. You won't use it all the time, but it'll be a lot of fun when you do. Plus it's really cool at night. Make sure no one is behind you when you hit the button though. It's been known to startle people.

The downside is it needs to be replentished more often than nitrous. It might even be good to carry spares.

Of all the performance mods available this is tops for the cool factor. Probably kinda pricey and I'm almost certain your local 4x4 shop won't have it in stock.

Jason @ Warrior
08-05-2009, 08:40 AM
The exhaust, intake, tb spacer mods on the 3.8L don't do jack on the JK.

Get a supercharger or a hemi, bout all you can do.

RODICON
08-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Hemi.

NE Wrangling
08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
The exhaust, intake, tb spacer mods on the 3.8L don't do jack on the JK.

Get a supercharger or a hemi, bout all you can do.

2x on this... not much else can be done on the engine the way that it's setup that has any real dyno effect. Haven't seen any Dyno results of all these other options but my guess is they do not have any.