Rubicon Express [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Rubicon Express

justajeep
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
So, Im looking for a lift, I ran a RELA on my TJ and couldnt have been happier. Im looking for the same with my new one, just asking if anyone has it, and if its worth looking into going the same route.

Im thinking of going with the super flex this time. I run with a buddy that had a short arm kit and flexed almost as well as mine with the long arm. I figure that with a few mods I should be able to run the same trails that I did with my Tj... Thanks

Gib
10-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Plus you have to consider that the stock JK arms are quite a bit longer than the stock TJ arms. So they won't have as many of the handling quirks that short arm TJ guys have when they lift. I don't want to discourage you away from the RELA kit though. I'm pretty curious to see how people will like it. Especially considering that it is radius arm front and rear this time.

ASTAR
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I have the RELA kit and it is unbelieveable! I know this will be hard to believe but my Jeep is a 2 door with the RELA kit on it and I went and picked up my dads new STOCK Unlimited and mine drives better! As far as off road performance, it is amazing. I couldn't be happier and I also considered the short arm kit but figured I would always wish I had stepped up. I am glad I did.
I have always used RE for most of what I have built and have never been disappointed, this is no exception! :D
Go for it!

justajeep
10-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks, I am looking for a bias opinion, I loved my RELA kit... I just wanted a push to set me free for a clear mind. I think with the longer arms the super flex kit is about what I want, but then Clayton posted theirs, Thanks...But so far(about a week) Im in for the RE lift.
I know a few years ago they had a moment, and have to say came back with everything right, KUDOs to them and all they have done to keep their name in the game.
Off the soapbox... I just want a lift that will flex and give me a ride that is good enough to say that - yep its cheaper than an H1 and I'll outwheel you all day...( actually happened at Paragon, and it was a B E A utiful thing...). Anyone else?