Bunch of pics of bunch of new mods [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Bunch of pics of bunch of new mods

venom
11-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Well it's been in the shop under heavy wrenching for the last few weeks.
Big thanks to Phil from Trailduty for supplying pretty much all of the goodies!
Here's the overhaul list....
Rockhard interior full sportcage & pads
Rockhard rear harness bar
Rockhard rear bumper/carrier
Rugged Ridge front stubby with stinger
Woods Rubitubes
AEV snorkel
Hypertech Progammer
Teraflex highsteer draglink/trackbar drop bracket/cross brace
PolyPerformance front upper and lower arms
Dual indash DVD/backup camera
Tuffy full steel console

still to go 5.13s
fox steering stabilizer
mastercraft harnesses

I think that's the end of the list for this upgrade round

Here comes a buttload of pics :mr-t::mr-t::mr-t:

venom
11-23-2008, 09:34 PM
more
pardon the argon bottle in the back...

venom
11-23-2008, 09:35 PM
and a few more :bounce:
yeah I know theres a nasty wire hanging down in the last pic, but the relay is disconnected until I figure out light mounting

StubEXrube
11-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Those mods look GREAT! That's one he!! of a list. Really like the sliders and front bumper...and the high steer kit...and...and...:shaking:

I may have to check out some more info from Tera on that crossbrace- Never seen that before...Or if you have any info ( what it's for, etc), feel free to post up that info.

Awesome looking build.

venom
11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks!
Carl from TF turned me onto the high steer/brace kit and phil sourced one for me
the brace ties the trackbar drop bracket to the frame on the other side to keep the bracket from flexing
to install the high steer draglink you drill out the passenger side knuckle and drive in a tapered insert and then just screw the new draglink into the adjuster.

StubEXrube
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
I've got the RE high steer already. Uses a dropped tb bracket from the frame side. Wonder if the TF crossbrace is compatible? I may have to research this as I like the thoughts of any part that adds extra strength or reinforcement.

(btw- Katemcy is really callin you now!)

venom
11-23-2008, 10:21 PM
the brace and the passenger side weld on bracket would probably work
the driver side of the brace bolts through where the trackbar used to bolt up then runs across to a weld on bracket that attaches to the frame

Oh trust me, I see waterfall trail in my sleep now!

terrahawk
11-24-2008, 08:22 AM
You been wheeling with ROBAR again?:thefinger:

Alec W
11-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Nice set of mods. Most of them are also on my list but the CFO (wife) started cutting back on access to money for my Jeep addiction :bawling:

Cool Jeep :smokin::smokin:

karnuvore
11-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Looking damn good man. I nickel and dime my wife to death - you apparently do it all once. Awesome.

homesickmarine
11-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Looks awesome. I love that cage too.

Grant211
11-25-2008, 05:56 PM
great mods, :beer:

one big issue.... looks like you got the steering wheel cover on wrong...the tan pieces are suppose to be at 10, 2, and 6 o'clock positions... :laughing:

venom
11-27-2008, 01:18 AM
actually I put it on like that so when I'm laying under the front adjusting the drag link to make the ESP happy I can peek up over the hood and tell when it's centered - if the tan is straight up, I'm good to go :mr-t:

Big A
11-27-2008, 01:46 AM
Man, Am i jealous of you bastards with bottomless pockets!!!:thefinger:

Someday, I will have some of these mods! :bawling:

Beautiful Jeep venom!

notarubicon
11-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Nice mods

venom
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM

or in my case, lots of debt!

mountain-man
11-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Like the pics, I have a black Rubicon and the pin stripe you have would look cool on mine. Also , could you hook me up with a link to where you got the cage and snorkel .

Thanks

venom
11-29-2008, 09:37 PM
the cage and most of the other goodies came from PhilD at www.trailduty.com
the snorkel you can get from www.quadratec.com
the stripe is from the local autozone or pep boys, cant remember which.

airric00
11-29-2008, 11:05 PM

Someday, I will have some of these mods! :bawling:

Beautiful Jeep venom!

At least u win free ****!!!:)

StubEXrube
11-30-2008, 12:21 AM
At least u win free ****!!!:)

:laughing: I'm waiting for venom to have one HUGE garage sale some day. I would be one of the first to arrive. :D

rooster
11-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Lookn good Venom! :beer: Cage, top and rock fenders are on my list. I like how your cage turned out.

homesickmarine
11-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Hey Venom I was on 35 and ran across a Snake farm. I told the wife we have to turn around and see if there is a JK out there with Venom on the side. LMAO :beer:

venom
11-30-2008, 09:35 PM
heh heh
if you're around abilene and see a big sign for the zoo, theres usually a redrock jk sitting in the lot with venom on the side :grinpimp:

reagle
12-10-2008, 08:15 PM
heh heh
if you're around abilene and see a big sign for the zoo, theres usually a redrock jk sitting in the lot with venom on the side :grinpimp:

hey man, i live in abilene, and have seen your jeep out there several times, we should meet up sometime!

venom
12-10-2008, 09:10 PM
hey man, i live in abilene, and have seen your jeep out there several times, we should meet up sometime!

Definitely!
I'm always looking for someplace to wheel around here
I hit Kirby quite a bit on my lunch hour and play

Come spring, we'll have to go hit Katemcy!

The_Captain on here is a local guy too (Clyde)

You on http://www.bigcountryoff-road.com/ too?

reagle
12-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Definitely!
I'm always looking for someplace to wheel around here
I hit Kirby quite a bit on my lunch hour and play

Come spring, we'll have to go hit Katemcy!

The_Captain on here is a local guy too (Clyde)

You on http://www.bigcountryoff-road.com/ too?

Oh yeah, i went out to Phantom over thanksgiving and there are some good spots out there, no i'm not on BCOFR website but have been to a couple meetings. it's good to find someone local!

gijoejd
12-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah I am in Abilene as well. Think it would be cool to get together with some locals and go messin around.

reagle
12-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah I am in Abilene as well. Think it would be cool to get together with some locals and go messin around.

Whats the specs on your jeep? maybe i've seen you??

gijoejd
12-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Havent been able to do to much to it yet. heres what i have -
2008 black 2 door
black soft top, tinted windows
2 inch bb
33X12.50 mickey thompson
i have a Arkansas Razorback logo next to my back left tail light. Im military so maybe you have seen me on base?

looking to get new bumpers front and back pretty soon. hopefully right after xmas.

venom
12-13-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah man, I'll make ya a heck of a deal on a front mopar winch bumper :grinpimp:

gijoejd
12-14-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah I do need to come raid you jeep stuff! ive been a little broke until after the holidays. havent forgot about ya!

reagle
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
yeah man, I'll make ya a heck of a deal on a front mopar winch bumper :grinpimp:

i'd like to take you up on that, but i'm more interested in your current set up! i think i am going with the RR stubby after xmas.