Coding Ammunition? WTF [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Coding Ammunition? WTF

Big A
11-18-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.senate.mo.gov/08info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=148094

SB 1200 - This act requires the department of public safety to develop and maintain an ammunition coding system database containing certain information provided by manufacturers and vendors of firearm ammunition. The information shall only be made available to law enforcement agencies to be used in criminal investigations. The database shall be developed and operational by January 1, 2009. Manufacturers and vendors that do not provide the required information shall be subject to civil fines.

The cost of maintaining the database shall be paid from the newly created "Ammunition Coding System Database Fund". Vendors of firearm ammunition shall charge an additional one-half cent per bullet or round of ammunition and the money shall be forwarded to the state treasurer to be deposited into the fund.

Under this act, a person commits the crime of unlawful sale of uncoded ammunition if he or she sells any ammunition that has not been coded after March 1, 2009. Unlawful sale of uncoded ammunition is a Class A misdemeanor. A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of uncoded ammunition if he or she possesses ammunition that has not been coded or where the code has been rendered unreadable after January 1, 2011. Unlawful possession of uncoded ammunition is Class A misdemeanor. The term "coded ammunition" shall mean a bullet carrying a unique identifier that has been applied by etching onto the base of the bullet projectile.

Dustoff '68
11-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I heard about that a while ago...supposed to be a means of tracking who purchases ammo, and if a bullet or casing is found at a crime scene, they know who's door to knock on...also, for you stock pilers of ammo, you won't be grandfathered in...that ammo bunker in your back yard will be considered a crime scene...hell of a thing to be considered a criminal after the fact...so if you shoot a burglar in your house, and your ammo isn't coded, guess who goes to jail first (aasuming you haven't killed the miscreant)?....George Orwell didn't think far enough ahead...:shaking:

Big A
11-18-2008, 02:01 PM
This just floors me...

We are fuked

http://www.senate.mo.gov/08info/pdf-bill/intro/SB1200.pdf

Dustoff '68
11-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Question...is this a Republican or Democrat thing?

Forget it...I just answered the question...the b!tch is a democrat...Missouri state senator Joan "The B!tch" Bray...another leftist, liberal, osama worshipping anti-gunner......after reading the bill, it looks like only the folks in MO are fawked...though I can see more of this kind of "if you can't get the guns out of these 2ndA folk, lets trip them up by criminilizing some other aspect of gun ownership..."; if you inadvertantly get nailed with one uncoded bullet, say bye bye to CCW license, and your guns...well, in MO anyway...I just forwarded the link to the NRA.:shaking:

SDMF
11-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Question...is this a Republican or Democrat thing?

Does it matter?

SDMF
11-18-2008, 02:40 PM
I am not sure how I feel about a serial on a bullet... However, not grandfathering in all old ammo is completely bullchit.

Dustoff '68
11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Does it matter?

I just answered the question myself, and yes, it matters...I know of NO Republican who is looking for ways around the 2nd Amendment so as to deny folks the right to bear arms...this state bill in MO is just another way of getting guns out of the hands of law abiding people who just may find themselves in trouble 'cause an "undocumented" round found its way into your lawfully concealed handgun...this is a democratic thing, this attack on the 2nd Amendment.:shaking:

SDMF
11-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I just answered the question myself, and yes, it matters...I know of NO Republican who is looking for ways around the 2nd Amendment so as to deny folks the right to bear arms...this state bill in MO is just another way of getting guns out of the hands of law abiding people who just may find themselves in trouble 'cause an "undocumented" round found its way into your lawfully concealed handgun...this is a democratic thing, this attack on the 2nd Amendment.:shaking:

So if a republican wanted to put a serial number on bullets you would be okay with it? :grinpimp:

Big A
11-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Aint she just precious?:shaking:

http://www.senate.mo.gov/08info/graphics/members/d24.jpg

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

SDMF
11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
What about the guys that make their own bullets?

Dustoff '68
11-18-2008, 03:14 PM
So if a republican wanted to put a serial number on bullets you would be okay with it? :grinpimp:

Absolutely not....If Jesus himself put his name on such a bill, there's gonna' be a problem.....

Big A
11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Misdemeanor Class A

A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of uncoded ammunition if he or she possesses ammunition that has not been coded or where the code has been rendered unreadable after January 1, 2011

chromedome
11-18-2008, 03:15 PM

Taken directly from the legislation printed above,

"A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of uncoded ammunition if he or she possesses ammunition that has not been coded..."

Sounds pretty unambiguous to me.

:thefinger:liberals :pissed:

Dustoff '68
11-18-2008, 03:17 PM
So what all this says, atleast to me, is that, they cannot take our guns away, but they can find ways to trip you up so you lose the right, or just render your weapon useless by prohibitively high ammo costs or the inability to load your own....

SDMF
11-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Ammo already costs too damn much...:bawling::shaking:

Broncojohn
11-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Still curious about reloads and cutting your own lead. I've been shooting lead semi-wadcutters for years now. I have a guy that makes them at his house from lead he picks up off the range.

Dustoff '68
11-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Still curious about reloads and cutting your own lead. I've been shooting lead semi-wadcutters for years now. I have a guy that makes them at his house from lead he picks up off the range.

I'm speculating that reloads will not be an issue, so long as it's for practice purposes only...defensive rounds will be coded...well, in MO anyway...that's what I'm thinkin'

TEEJ
11-19-2008, 05:17 AM
The Bil uses the word VENDOR a lot...and MANUFACTURER....AND says the COSTS of the coding are paid for by that 1/2 per round added to the sale price.

What that implies, legally, is that if you load your OWN rounds, and are NOT selling them...you are not covered under this Bill...

OR

That the GOVERNMENT has to PAY YOU FOR THE COSTS INVOLVED IN CODING YOUR ROUNDS. (Out of that fund for that purpose)

:D

What is NOT addressed for example (Among other things...) is HOW the fund is to GET the money to pay for coding equipment, when the round's 1/2 is not collected yet...and EVERYONE needs that $ to GET the coding equipment....etc.

PS - That's Senator BRAY, as in DONKEY, right?

Dustoff '68
11-19-2008, 05:35 AM
PS - That's Senator BRAY, as in DONKEY, right?

Yes...like in A$sb!tch

TEEJ
11-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Yes...like in A$sb!tch

Her face is fugly enough, I would not want any part of her A$$.

homesickmarine
11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
It was only a matter of time... My Dad told me years ago before he passed, “Forget banning the guns when one of those liberals wises up and discovers all you have to do is get rid of the ammo, it’s over. A 1911 becomes a thousand dollar paper weight or an ill designed club.” What a sad state of affairs. How long do you think it will take before they completely erode our bill of rights, turn us into subjects, and destroy our country?

Riverkid
11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I have a couple Dillon reloaders, and a lot of everything else.

Powder is how they can get us...:pissed:

usmcdoc14
11-22-2008, 11:35 AM
I have a couple Dillon reloaders, and a lot of everything else.

Powder is how they can get us...:pissed:

powder is not hard to make. Black, smokeless or otherwise. Its highschool chemistry and most of the ingredients can be found in your back yard.

You can't take away knowledge.