P0072 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: P0072

TheGeneral
11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Hello!

So, here is a brief story / question.

I own a 2008 JK Rubi, (Second one, first one caught fire while bush riding in Northern Ontario (hunting season)) and when I drove off the lot, my Check engine light came on, so I did the key trick to get the code, and it says that it's the ambient air temp. sensor low voltage.....

Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it something I need to worry about? The dealership said that it happens when it's cold. Well....up here in the north, its FREEZING starting in October.

I am just curious if I should worry, or if there is something I can do myself to fix this. (The closest dealership is not an option for me, as they are the reason my last jeep caught fire)

Thanks,

Lee

indyZR2
11-23-2008, 03:37 PM
The air temp sensor circuit is very simple, you have a 5volt signal to the sensor and a return circuit to the TIPM. This code sets when the return voltage is too low. I would start by checking to make sure the temp sensor is plugged in, maybe its just not connected fully or a terminal got bent. Other then a simple quick visual check, you will need to start checking the wiring for shorts and resistance.

TheGeneral
11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
where is this sensor? I am a Jeep n00b

mcnaught6
11-26-2008, 11:35 AM
its the cylinder-like thing that sticks up in front of the radiator - off to the side. i don't remember which side right off-hand.