So Cal fires again [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: So Cal fires again

PUDDLZ
11-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Just came home from wheeling and here we go again with the fire's :shaking:

SDMF
11-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey Greg, it says your area is being evacuated...lots of houses burning. You guys still at home????

SDMF
11-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Just drove down the street and it looks horrible over there.. sky is getting black. Lots of homes and apartments burning on tv. VERY sad.

PUDDLZ
11-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I just want to thank fellow wheelers, Dayton, SDMF, Gunny, Derf, Lensman & Mojavee Green for showing your concern and for the open arm welcome, you guys are ALL great people, I want to say THANK YOU guy's,

As for an update, we were evacuated earlier but went back to the pad to find calm winds and red sky's.

Thanks Guy's

:beer::beer:

SDMF
11-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Trailer park with mostly elderly, over 500 trailers burned to the ground. :shaking:

karnuvore
11-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Dont you get the feeling that god hates trailers?

Seriously, that sucks. Old people + trailers = no money to start over w/. I think I'll take hurricanes over fire and earthquakes.

jacktuttle
11-16-2008, 11:06 AM
The fires are less than 5 miles from me now..... But it does not look like they are getting any closer. So many homes burned this weekend! Let all say a prayer for the people that have lost their homes!

Billy_Goat
11-16-2008, 01:42 PM
The skies are red and ash is falling here from the Slymar fire.
Kinda hard to breathe.

I can't imagine the horror of losing your home.

Rollbar13
11-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Mother-in-law's condo was threatened in Yorba Linda but THANK GOD not hit, the fire was at the end of her street and houses just on the next street over burned down, her street, filled with condos and apartments, was spared...she's still evacuated though...or was at last check yesterday

dayton1999
11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Updated information from ABC7 News and the Orange County Fire Authority as of 9AM PST:

The Triangle Complex Fire has burned 28,889 acres and is 40 percent contained.

Freeway Closures:
Northbound 241 toll road from Santiago Canyon to the 91 Freeway
Eastbound 142 at Valencia Road in Brea, Chino Hills Boulevard in Chino Hills
Northbound 261 toll road at Portola Parkway in Irvine

Street Closures:
In Brea
Northbound Brea Canyon Road at Central/State College
Northbound Valencia from Lambert
Carbon Canyon Road East of Valencia

In Anaheim
Santa Ana Canyon East of Weir Canyon Road
Weir Canyon on and off-ramp from 91 Freeway

Public Transportation:
Commuter rail service on Metrolink routes in the Antelope Valley and the Inland Empire-Orange County area will resume Monday. The tracks have been inspected and no damage was found, officials said. However, commuters may experience some delays due to freight traffic congestion and fire-related power outages.

Mandatory Evacuations:
Mandatory evacuations are still in effect in:

Diamond Bar - The Country Estates (residential gated community) on Diamond Bar Boulevard, Falcon Ridge, Chirping Sparrow, Hawkwood, Running Branch, Fair Wind and High Bluff
Southern portion of Diamond Bar - bordered by Brea Canyon Road to the west, Ambushers Street to the north, Falcon Ridge to the east and City limits to the south
Brea - Carbon Canyon areas of Olinda Village and Hollydale Mobile Home Park to the county line
Chino Hills - Carbon Canyon areas of Sleepy Hollow and Oak Tree Downs
Chino Hills - Ridge Gate area, South of Pine, West of Butterfly Ranch Road, Nearwoodview Road from Pipeline to Peyton, Valle Vista to the north, Canyon Rim at Soquel Canyon, Vellano Community, Western Hills Estates Mobile Home Park, Carriage Hills, and all of Carbon Canyon Road
Carbon Canyon area

Note: All mandatory evacuations have been lifted for Yorba Linda and Anaheim.

Evacuation Centers
Evacuation centers remain open at:
Walnut High School, 400 N. Pierre Rd., Walnut (off La Puente Road)
Diamond Bar High School, 21400 E. Pathfinder Rd., Diamond Bar
Ayala High School, 14255 Peyton Dr., Chino Hills (for Sleepy Hollow/Carbon Canyon area)
Brea Community Center, 695 Madison, Brea (south of Birch St., north of Imperial Hwy.)
Corona Vista High School, 1150 W. 10th St., Corona (west of Lincoln Ave.)
Katella High School, 2200 E. Wagner Ave., Anaheim (State College Blvd. and E. Wagner Ave.)
Valencia High School, 500 N. Bradford, Placentia; (north of Chapman Ave.)

School Closures
There are a number of school closures today:
Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
Chino Valley Unified School District
Brea Olinda Unified School District
Walnut Unified School District
Walnut Valley Unified School District

In addition, the following privates schools are closed today
In Yorba Linda - St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School and Calvary Christian School
In Placentia - St. Joseph Catholic School and Towne & Country Early Education
In Diamond Bar - Towne & Country School
In Brea - St. Angela Merici Catholic School
In Anaheim - Vineyard Christian School and Anaheim Hills Montessori
In Walnut - Southlands Christian Schools

Up to the minute information can be found on the Orange County Public Information Hotline - (714) 628-7085

Chris Hansen
11-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Glad you made it out ok, Greg. I was actually up in your area that evening, trying to help a buddy evac his parts inventory and some project cars.

I've still got the fight recorded if you want to see it!

PUDDLZ
11-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Glad you made it out ok, Greg. I was actually up in your area that evening, trying to help a buddy evac his parts inventory and some project cars.

I've still got the fight recorded if you want to see it!

Dr Le was asking when you were to have that watch party also an install party for his skids :thefinger:

Chris Hansen
11-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Well, it looks like I'm out on the Wednesday trip...too much work to do. But I might take Friday off if he wants to install and watch some fights. Heck...I need to get my new diff covers ordered and drain/refill the fluid.

Still can't believe f*ckin Lesnar won. :mr-t:

dougnpj
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
glad all is ok Greg

dayton1999
11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Still can't believe f*ckin Lesnar won. :mr-t:

PARTIAL HIJACK

Really? 41yr old 6'1" 220lbs vs 31yr old 6'3" 265. Even with Randy's experience he was no match for Lesnar.

My opinion, Lesnar is the real deal and will "captain" the UFC for the next 4 or 5 years. I'm sure the UFC would like him to stick around as long as Randy, but at that size and that much power, I don't think his body can take more than 6 fights before he's injured and then... done. :smokin:

Did you know? Lesnar made that little biatch "Triple H" cry like a little girl after one of their "matches in the WWE? Seems Lesnar couldn't "hold back" in the Wrastling ring... :thefinger:

Chris Hansen
11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
That's some funny stuff about the Triple H thing.

Honestly, I have no doubt that Lesnar will be a force in about a year or two. However, put him up against somebody his own size (right now), he will have some problems. I'd like to see him fight Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, who also cuts drastically to get down to 265 and ran through the heavyweight division in Elite XC. The Randy/Brock fight didn't show a tremendous amount of skill, but did show that size really does matter...thus the reason the athletic commissions are looking into dividing up the heavyweight divisions right up the middle to even things out a bit.

I have always had a lot of faith in Randy. I just think that despite being 45 years old, the 15 month layoff from fighting is what really did him in. Heck, I just came off a 13 WEEK layoff after knee surgery and felt like I was constantly one full step behind my coach when we fought last week.

Plus....I've been hit in that same spot Randy got hit in...and it really sucks. You don't really feel it until the next day, but you suddenly wonder, "What the hell am I doing on the ground getting hit?"

Thank you for the entertaining hijack.

PUDDLZ
11-17-2008, 02:07 PM
That's some funny stuff about the Triple H thing.

Honestly, I have no doubt that Lesnar will be a force in about a year or two. However, put him up against somebody his own size (right now), he will have some problems. I'd like to see him fight Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, who also cuts drastically to get down to 265 and ran through the heavyweight division in Elite XC. The Randy/Brock fight didn't show a tremendous amount of skill, but did show that size really does matter...thus the reason the athletic commissions are looking into dividing up the heavyweight divisions right up the middle to even things out a bit.

I have always had a lot of faith in Randy. I just think that despite being 45 years old, the 15 month layoff from fighting is what really did him in. Heck, I just came off a 13 WEEK layoff after knee surgery and felt like I was constantly one full step behind my coach when we fought last week.

Plus....I've been hit in that same spot Randy got hit in...and it really sucks. You don't really feel it until the next day, but you suddenly wonder, "What the hell am I doing on the ground getting hit?"

Thank you for the entertaining hijack.

I say we get DAYTON and the dirty girls in the ring and let m kick some BUTT :thefinger: