Danville tonight..... [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Danville tonight.....

LheartL
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I thought I was the only JK'er in, Danville or these parts. It was a nice surprise to see another JK tonight. Black 2 door with proline accessories sticker on the windshield and a bestop softop. It was parked at Patelco parking lot around 5pm.

(Is that the bestop trektop? If so, how do you like it? I have mine sitting in the garage was going to wait until spring to put it on.)

Larry

SCARDUP
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
That's notheride and "edit"

JeepingGreen
01-07-2011, 09:18 PM
That's notheride and he's suppose to take that sticker off or he's gonna be installing that lift alone on Saturday

What's he installing? I'm swinging by for the install...

Marcy
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I work in San Ramon and always see JKs.

nootherride
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I plead the fisith !

nootherride
01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I thought I was the only JK'er in, Danville or these parts. It was a nice surprise to see another JK tonight. Black 2 door with proline accessories sticker on the windshield and a bestop softop. It was parked at Patelco parking lot around 5pm.

(Is that the bestop trektop? If so, how do you like it? I have mine sitting in the garage was going to wait until spring to put it on.)

Larry

Hey! Ya i been down here (alamo) since Xmas off n on....Trektop is cool much better Than my factory one that was falling apart...get a lot of compliments on the look..

LheartL
01-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Yikes, sorry nootherride - didn't mean to open this up. I parked in front of you. It was nice to see one of us so close to home.

LheartL
01-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the softop note. Yours was the first I saw in person. Looking forward to putting mine on. Might do it sooner now.

Good luck tomorrow.

nootherride
01-07-2011, 09:39 PM
What's he installing? I'm swinging by for the install...

Procomp lift I got, For x-mas...Havnt found much about reviews so I guesss We shall sees! Excited should be a good time as always!

nootherride
01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the softop note. Yours was the first I saw in person. Looking forward to putting mine on. Might do it sooner now.

Good luck tomorrow.

When it warms/clears up it will be the best way to go till then I just Keep the heat goin With the cool air...perfect combo

JeepingGreen
01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Procomp lift I got, For x-mas...Havnt found much about reviews so I guesss We shall sees! Excited should be a good time as always!

What's all in it? Coils, shocks, control arms?

nootherride
01-07-2011, 10:41 PM
What's all in it? Coils, shocks, control arms?

Pretty basic I believe....shocks,springs, bumpstops,Links, track bar bracket, might. Be more Not sure...added a steering stabilizer to it tho

BIGROCZ
01-08-2011, 05:25 PM

I run a Pro Comp 4" and it works pretty good...I think the front springs limit the up travel a bit (they look partially compressed at rest) but the ride is pretty good. Doesn't seem to jack up the ESP either.

nootherride
01-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I run a Pro Comp 4" and it works pretty good...I think the front springs limit the up travel a bit (they look partially compressed at rest) but the ride is pretty good. Doesn't seem to jack up the ESP either.

Hahah yup that's what they are all saying in the. Other thread:laughing: I dig it love. The look...love how much taller I am then everyone else...pretty sure that with my soft top and chopped bumper I netted a lot more that 2.5 overall for the price I'm stoked... And I think leaving the cam bolts out was the right idea..also bumpstops will go on if I go to 35s:D

LheartL
01-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey Nootherride, how much wind noise do you have with your top? I just installed mine and there is a ton of wind noise coming from the driver and passenger doors. Any tips to quite the noise?

nootherride
01-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey Nootherride, how much wind noise do you have with your top? I just installed mine and there is a ton of wind noise coming from the driver and passenger doors. Any tips to quite the noise?

ditch the factory channel...get the smittybilt one...mines really quiet at 70mph makes me also think your not waterproof aswell
the top needs to fit into the water channel like the factory one....the new channel helps with this...if your not able to do a new channel make sure you heat up the fabric so it stretches out... lift the rain flaps.... if it looks like this its wrong!
call 4 wheel parts in oakland ask for Dave....tell him Richard sent you and you want the smittybilt channel:D

LheartL
01-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the tips. I am using the header channel that came with it. I'll give Oakland 4wd a call on Monday.

Since I had it the way you showed going over the weather strip I pushed it inside. It helped a bit but man there's still a ton of wind noise.. Looking forward to trying out the smittybilt header.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Larry

nootherride
01-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the tips. I am using the header channel that came with it. I'll give Oakland 4wd a call on Monday.

Since I had it the way you showed going over the weather strip I pushed it inside. It helped a bit but man there's still a ton of wind noise.. Looking forward to trying out the smittybilt header.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Larry

ya sailacloth is a tricky but durable material...in the instructions it mentions installing in 72*degree weather....good luck i belive it was 38 when mine was done, the smittybilt header makes it so you are able to get a complete seal not completely in the channel but enough to seal...only heat will make it plyable enough to seat foward....my top was originally very loud but from the pic you can see why...then again i never cared to own the hardtop...currently i am surprised at how quiet it is compared to the factory softop.