Carnegie Test & Tune - 01/08/11 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Carnegie Test & Tune - 01/08/11

cruzcode
01-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Alright boys and girls, that's right, you heard it here, on JKO Radio. I'm your host, Rockin' Ricky-C, and we're going hook it up at Carnegie on Saturday afternoon (after 12:00 p.m.), for a little "Test n' Tuning" to the rigs.

I need to adjust my bump stops, severely, and make a couple of tweaks, like taking the restrictor plate off of the 'red dragon.'

If you have any tweaks to make, or would just like to play around on the rocks, and do a M&G, then come on out. If you'd like to come out for a beer, diet coke, or apple pie spritzer, then roll on out and meet us, we'll be on Channel 17.

Here is the official roster:

cruzcode -- RC
Family-jk -- Jim, Laurie, Cole, & Cassidee
rubirobv -- Rob, and his "junk" (be afraid)
Sludge Puppy -- Jim, who will be stepping up his game.
09Rubicon -- Scott, and...?
heepenjim -- Jim
Hope to see some of your ugly mugs there!

RC

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I'll be doing nootherride's lift....so I can't make it!:shaking: if something changes I'll hit you up! :smokin:

cruzcode
01-06-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll be doing nootherride's lift....so I can't make it!:shaking: if something changes I'll hit you up! :smokin:

Do the lift on Sunday. :thefinger:

RC

Marcy
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't think I'll be able to make it. Saturday is my Dad's birthday BBQ and they're having fried alligator :laughing:

cruzcode
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't think I'll be able to make it. Saturday is my Dad's birthday BBQ and they're having fried alligator :laughing:

Wow, I have never heard of fried alligator! I'm not sure how you pass that, up.

If something changes, you know where we'll be. ;)

RC

Marcy
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Wow, I have never heard of fried alligator! I'm not sure how you pass that, up.

If something changes, you know where we'll be. ;)

RC

None of have ever had it. If it's gross, I'll probably see you guys out there. If I don't show up, you can assume it was delicious.

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I think I can bring my ugly mug and my junk out there to wheel and be a dumbass. I have some stuff to look at too.

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 10:16 PM
None of have ever had it. If it's gross, I'll probably see you guys out there. If I don't show up, you can assume it was delicious.

Happy Birthday wishes to your Dad. You're a good daughter to spend time with him. Either that, or you suck the life out of him and he really wants you out of the house. I'm kidding, I joke. Don't hurt me. Please :stirthepot: :hide:.

Marcy
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Happy Birthday wishes to your Dad. You're a good daughter to spend time with him. Either that, or you suck the life out of him and he really wants you out of the house. I'm kidding, I joke. Don't hurt me. Please :stirthepot: :hide:.

Someone has to be his beer pong partner.

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 10:25 PM

Damn it. I knew I'd get in trouble :bawling:

cruzcode
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
I think I can bring my ugly mug and my junk out there to wheel and be a dumbass. I have some stuff to look at too.

Glad you can make it, Rob!!! Do me a favor though? PLEASE leave your "junk" IN (not out), and just come out to wheel your rig. Nobody needs to see your "junk."

:laughing2:

RC

cruzcode
01-06-2011, 10:30 PM

If it's no good, then bring some chili, and I'll give you beer, and you can give me, err..., us, chili!

RC

Eugene
01-06-2011, 10:31 PM
I had iguana once. Looked like stringy pork and tasted like chicken. The iguana was in a sauce, but it probably would be good BBQ'd. So if 'gator and iguana are related then you'll be OK. Plus with enough liquor you can eat anything.

cruzcode
01-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Plus with enough liquor you can eat anything...

:laughing2: :laughing2: :laughing2:

RC

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 10:41 PM
, Rob!!! Nobody needs to see your "junk."

RC

True that. Not even me. que asco!

Sludge Puppy
01-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Put me down as a quite possible as its only 90 min away, so only a 2 tank day! Plus that keeps me within the AAA 100 mile free tow :)

Hey Rick, if you had your Ham License I could talk to you on the radio on the drive out! :)Just sayin

nootherride
01-06-2011, 11:23 PM

Sweet thanks man..just got into the bay I was gonna hit you in the morning:D

Sludge Puppy
01-06-2011, 11:26 PM
RC, my response is possible A, which if A occurs B is a given and well, A + B is a given function = D! :) Jeff is not there so I guess i have to step up

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Sweet thanks man..just got into the bay I was gonna hit you in the morning:D

Sounds good!! I'm going to bed, real soon!! I've got court in the morning for the lovely BS warrant!! And after talking to many Bay Area cops, they all told me it total BS I got taken in for a 2000 dollar warrant! They don't arrest anyone for anything less than 5000! But OH WELL!

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 11:30 PM
RC, my response is possible A, which if A occurs B is a given and well, A + B is a given function = D! :) Jeff is not there so I guess i have to step up

You better step it up!!:grinpimp:

nootherride
01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Sounds good!! I'm going to bed, real soon!! I've got court in the morning for the lovely BS warrant!! And after talking to many Bay Area cops, they all told me it total BS I got taken in for a 2000 dollar warrant! They don't arrest anyone for anything less than 5000! But OH WELL!

Man we need get you a good lawyer :D

HOGGSTATUS
01-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Man we need get you a good lawyer :D

It's alittle late for that!! But I'm sure when I show them all my paper work it will be fine!!

Family-jk
01-07-2011, 07:12 AM
we'll be on Channel 17. RC

You must have secretly desired to be a trucker. :D

I've only played beer pong one time and I made the mistake of playing with hard booze. Round two, One of these upcoming days I will have to throw a party at my house and we will have a Cutts crew style beer pong championship game. :beer:

Hey Rick, if you had your Ham License I could talk to you on the radio on the drive out! :)Just sayin

:laughing2: We don't need to give Rick anymore ways of communication. He carries 2 phones, CB, Facebook, JKO, Text, Smoke Signals, Sign Language and when he is drinking - Spanish, Indian and makes some good impersonations. :laughing2::laughing2::beer:

Monty
01-07-2011, 07:18 AM

attitude prevailing. i thought the same exact thing when you first posted the thread. o well. some guys are cool, some aren't.

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Put me down as a quite possible as its only 90 min away, so only a 2 tank day! Plus that keeps me within the AAA 100 mile free tow :)

J, I haven't said anythig yet, because my work schedule is pretty hectic, but I would like to learn about HAM technology, and possibily get my license.

However, I'm an installation FREAK. When I install something, it has to ve a CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, install. So where is the problem you ask? I have no idea how/where I would put one of those big, honking, ass, Bacon Boxes, in my rig?!?!?

RC

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 07:46 AM

Jeff. Dude... You REALLY need to stop running naked through local playgrounds and scaring the children! If arrest you too! :D

RC

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 07:55 AM
You must have secretly desired to be a trucker. :D

I've only played beer pong one time and I made the mistake of playing with hard booze. Round two, One of these upcoming days I will have to throw a party at my house and we will have a Cutts crew style beer pong championship game. :beer:

:laughing2: We don't need to give Rick anymore ways of communication. He carries 2 phones, CB, Facebook, JKO, Text, Smoke Signals, Sign Language and when he is drinking - Spanish, Indian and makes some good impersonations. :laughing2::laughing2::beer:

Okay. Put me down for the future beer pong championship. Although, I do not currently have a partner right now, I'll step toe-to-toe with you and spot you several serves. :D

Regarding the communication... :laughing2: :laughing2: :laughing2:

RC

Marcy
01-07-2011, 08:29 AM
J, I haven't said anythig yet, because my work schedule is pretty hectic, but I would like to learn about HAM technology, and possibily get my license.

However, I'm an installation FREAK. When I install something, it has to ve a CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, install. So where is the problem you ask? I have no idea how/where I would put one of those big, honking, ass, Bacon Boxes, in my rig?!?!?

RC

Your sPOD didn't look like the install was so CLEAN.

Sludge Puppy
01-07-2011, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=cruzcode;641282]J, I haven't said anythig yet, because my work schedule is pretty hectic, but I would like to learn about HAM technology, and possibily get my license.

If you have a basic understanding of electricity, sign up for the 22nd and spend the day learning, no need to study before. Also for space you have a hell of a lot more room then I do in my 2 door, and you can run a handheld and not worry about having another big device in the jeep :)

You Ham it up on a regular basis so might as well have the license! bahahah:laughing2:

09rubicon
01-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Alright I will be there. Its a little hard to say no when you are just down the street form my house.

Marcy
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Glad you can make it, Rob!!! Do me a favor though? PLEASE leave your "junk" IN (not out), and just come out to wheel your rig. Nobody needs to see your "junk."

RC

Rick, make sure Rob doesn't do too much rubbing ;)

heepenjim
01-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Alright I will be there. Its a little hard to say no when you are just down the street form my house.

X2 :D

Sludge Puppy
01-07-2011, 09:15 AM
BTW, after 12 meaning 12, or your not sure yet.... I know you all only drive like 15 miles to get there but I have a long haul so where is the meet location at the OHV?

Family-jk
01-07-2011, 09:42 AM
BTW, after 12 meaning 12, or your not sure yet.... I know you all only drive like 15 miles to get there but I have a long haul so where is the meet location at the OHV?

Yep, We can just meet right at the OHV park. That way in case if someone's running late it won't hold up anything.

Sludge Puppy
01-07-2011, 10:24 AM
ok, we have a 930 am apt in San Jose, so as long as we are out by 1030 or so I am good. lll text RC once I know a closer time line.

Fnord5
01-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Ouchies! :laughing:

:idea: Anyone have a screwdriver I can borrow? Need to make a little clearance under the hood. :thefinger:

Family-jk
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
ok, we have a 930 am apt in San Jose, so as long as we are out by 1030 or so I am good. lll text RC once I know a closer time line.

Sounds good. RC and myself probably won't hit Carnegie until around the noon time anyways, so you've got plenty of time. My son has baseball tryouts Saturday morning from 9am to noon so I might be a little past noon as well. Even if your running late that's cool. The 4x4 playground area is pretty easy to find if you haven't been there and is the only place we can wheel. You'll find us real easy if your arriving later in the early afternoon. Hope to see you there.

Family-jk
01-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Scott and Jim (Heepenjim) are coming as well. Way to many Jim's in this group.

Sludge Puppy
01-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Well will make it easy to remember names. If your name is not Jim then you are just not cool! ;)

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM

I'm going to put you in the corner, when we see you next. You can sit there, with a beer, and think about your actions. :D

RC

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Rick, make sure Rob doesn't do too much rubbing ;)

I'll try, but everyone knows that Rob and his rubbing has a mind of his own.

RC

Marcy
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm going to put you in the corner, when we see you next. You can sit there, with a beer, and think about your actions. :D

RC

Is that supposed to be some kind of punishment or something?

SCARDUP
01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Carnegie is a waste of OHV space!! Is there anything we can do to expand the area we are allowed to use? That place could be so much better if they just gave us a little more of the hill side. The godamn hippies f'd it up for all of us with their BS soil samples.

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Is that supposed to be some kind of punishment or something?

Yes, absolutely. :)

RC

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Carnegie is a waste of OHV space!! Is there anything we can do to expand the area we are allowed to use? That place could be so much better if they just gave us a little more of the hill side. The godamn hippies f'd it up for all of us with their BS soil samples.

Derek, I agree that we're too limited. From what I understand, the creek bed used to be open, hills, etc.

Its an okay spot for testing shit out, but it's not a spot to wheel. Good for meet & greets, a drink or ten, BBQ, and horsing around.

You coming by tomorrow?

RC

SCARDUP
01-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry guys I'm gonna be helping out Nootheride with his lift but I'm still working on next weekend

nootherride
01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Sorry guys I'm gonna be helping out Nootheride with his lift but I'm still working on next weekend

ill make sure there's no dirty. Hippies:massey:

09rubicon
01-07-2011, 10:00 PM

If you can get the fish lovers and tree buggers to stop suing. Carnagie has 3000+ acres ready for 4x4 use. But we can't until all the lawsuits are settled and bullshit studies completed.

cruzcode
01-08-2011, 12:06 PM
If you can get the fish lovers and tree buggers to stop suing. Carnagie has 3000+ acres ready for 4x4 use. But we can't until all the lawsuits are settled and bullshit studies completed.

x2, Scott!!!

Until then, it is still a nice place to meet up, and have a good time.

RC

Sludge Puppy
01-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I am home, want to say great job of the two boys who ran the Winch and High Lift Clinic with the proper safety procedures for both.

For those of you that say carnegie is lame, you should try actually wheeling it as we had 1/3 of our vehicles disabled for several hours :) Also great to learn a few new codes for the JK!

For those my first time meeting you was a pleasure and was actually quite nice to get out and mostly just hang out and bs with some fun people.

I thought I managed to escape carnage free but I managed to catch the cable on the back of my new CB and ripped the fuse block out if it. Awesome!

FYI for those who do any work on your jeep, an FSM (Factory Service manual) is worth its weight in gold. Would have saved us 2 hours today :)

cruzcode
01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Wow, what a day! Well, a good group came out today, and we had a blast. Those of you who could not attend, were missed! For those of you who were new, or at least new for me, it was nice to meet/wheel with you.

ATTENDEES:

Scotty (09 Rubicon)
Jimmy Hoffa (Family-jk)
Jim (heepenjim)
Jaime (sludge puppy)
Ron (sbron)
Rick (cruzcode)
Matt (Blue JK)
Let it be known that Carnegie can cause carnage, make no mistake. When I arrived, everyone was attacking the Rock Ramp, when I rolled in blinging tire shine, like Jay Z rolling in with ice on his wrist. I cruz'd up the Rock Ramp, and then did the Step Climb, but I wanted more. So I hit the Rock Ramp once again, and 2/3 of the way up, my rig stalled... nothing. It was just doing this fast start, which seemed to be turning over without fuel or fire. It was weird. Jim & Laurie winch released me down the hill, with Matt (a future newcomer to JKO--Blue 4-Door, Rubicon) strapped to my bumper, and pulled me down over rocks, with no power steering/brakes. We're all pretty sure that this is the first time in history, that anyone has ever been winch double-teamed at Carnegie, DOWN a hill! :laughing:

I ran my Superchips Flashpaq on the system, and it pulled a P0688 code, which is the ASD/Sense/Main Code. See the following thread for more on this: http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43486 (http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43486)

Scotty got stuck in some pretty big rocks, but managed nicely to get himself out with his Hi-Lift Jack, some axle grease, lighter fluid, and enriched uranium. Scotty was testing out these new military-issue, 36" tires, that were about as a round as a UFC octagon, but wheeled like a big dawg! Fortunately for Scott, I had successfully distracted most of the people in the 4x4 Area, including the Park Rangers who came to photograph the dual-winching debacle. (They're probably Toyota owners, looking for ammunition!)

While I was using the Park Ranger's computer to look-up trouble codes, Jim (Family-jk) decided to go kick the ass of the big Rock Climb on the hill. We've seen larger rigs knock this out, but not smaller rigs. Jim and I wanted to hit this today, and he went after it. Scott spotted him very well, coupled with some rock "shimming" to assist in traction, with the slippery mud that made things interesting. Well, when Jim got to the top, there was a team of midgets hiding under a rock, and they slammed a boulder into his tie-rod! Those little bastards! Jim now had the JK's first "horseshoe" tie-rod; designed to provide some much toe-in, your rig will drive in circles. Later when we all left, Scott invited us over to his crib and donated a slightly used factory tie-rod to Jim, to hold him over, and proceeded to install it on his rig, while the their little girls rearranged Scott's socket sets, in a completely random order.

After my chit was running again, I aired down, and using some excellent spotting from Jim & Scott (whom I credit my good climb to), I for the most part, made the Rock Climb look smooth.

IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH: My driver side wheels are now rashed up, along with my rock rails. It won't buff out, but now my rig has some additional "attitude" to go along with the hardtop blemishes from the "jungle" at Hollister.

I know, I know... Pics, or it didn't happen. Unfortunately, I was driving. I will leave the pics and video up to those who took them. (Hint, hint...)

Anyway, more cleaning to do, some electrical gremlin chasing to do, and must get ready for the next run in the near future. Jim, travel safe to Alabama, and get back safely. Hopefully the new parts that you've ordered/received, will still be in your house/on your rig, when you get back. :D

RC

09rubicon
01-08-2011, 09:03 PM
The funny thing is that after the Hi-lift recovery my gloves, jack, and wierdly my nuts all have a slight greenish flourescent glow to them? I wonder what was in that axle grease??

cruzcode
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

RC

cruzcode
01-08-2011, 09:06 PM
:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

RC

Family-jk
01-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Well I'm sitting in an Airport at the moment waiting for my flight to Alabama. I did not get a chance to post any videos, but I will work on it when I get back in 10 days. I've got a video that will make you cringe on smashing my rear diff and both shock mounts into rocks with a nicely bent tie rod. I can see some mods in my near future. New tie rod (thanks Scott for the loner) rear shock relocation brackets and diff skid plates. Yep you can damage shit at Carnagie.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Well I'm sitting in an Airport at the moment waiting for my flight to Alabama. I did not get a chance to post any videos, but I will work on it when I get back in 10 days. I've got a video that will make you cringe on smashing my rear diff and both shock mounts into rocks with a nicely bent tie rod. I can see some mods in my near future. New tie rod (thanks Scott for the loner) rear shock relocation brackets and diff skid plates. Yep you can damage shit at Carnagie.

Did your diff actually receive any damage, other than cosmetic? I hope not; that would suck. We'll knock out your repairs when you return. I'll be busy trying to find the ASD Relay and troubleshooting my electrical gremlins while you're gone.

RC

Sludge Puppy
01-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Rick I would pull the programmer and drop it off to the dealer. It is warrantied, that is their issue to resolve. Use it while you have it

rubirobv
01-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Interesting writeup. Rick, I'm curious to know what you find regarding the blown fuse. River Raider fender install, a long drill bit and a wire bundle come to mind. Hopefully not the issue.

I have two bent factory tierods in my garage. One hit and they're bent.
Chromoly is the way to go.

Sorry I missed you guys. You had a good turnout.

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Interesting writeup. Rick, I'm curious to know what you find regarding the blown fuse. River Raider fender install, a long drill bit and a wire bundle come to mind. Hopefully not the issue.

I have two bent factory tierods in my garage. One hit and they're bent.
Chromoly is the way to go.

Sorry I missed you guys. You had a good turnout.

Rob, yes, that install was the first thing that came to mind. Question though: When Gib hit it with the drill bit, wasn't it determined that it just nicked that one wire, and only hit the sheathing?

RC

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Pics, and the carnage DID happen.

RC

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:22 PM
And some more...

RC

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:22 PM
And even more...

RC

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:24 PM
And even more...

RC

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh look, here are a few...

RC

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh look what I found..., PICTURES!

RC

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Wait one minute here!!! Who let a TJ in?!?!?!

(Cue "old west whistling")... "Get a rope!" :D

RC

marinespence
01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Wait one minute here!!! Who let a TJ in?!?!?!

(Cue "old west whistling")... "Get a rope!" :D

RC

Lj dude get it right!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Lj dude get it right!

See, that's what I get for trying to be a smartass! :laughing:

RC

HOGGSTATUS
01-09-2011, 10:02 PM

RC

It's cause your just not that good at it!!:thefinger::shaking:

:laughing::laughing:

Sludge Puppy
01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Dont bite that hand that feeds you! I believe the Jims took good care of your ass Saturday :) We will leave you on the hill next time ;)

marinespence
01-09-2011, 11:42 PM

RC

Seriously dude leave it to the pros!

cruzcode
01-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Dont bite that hand that feeds you! I believe the Jims took good care of your ass Saturday :) We will leave you on the hill next time ;)

Nahhh, you guys were great. I just felt like the NorCal section was getting a little "dormant", and required a good 'pot stirring', that's all!

We need some mayhem!

RC

JKDinker
01-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Hey question, in your pic of your wheel. Is that valve stem really that long? I would think you would rip that thing off by now. Is it just a optical illusion? Just looked funny. Larry

09rubicon
01-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Hey question, in your pic of your wheel. Is that valve stem really that long? I would think you would rip that thing off by now. Is it just a optical illusion? Just looked funny. Larry

He is just showing off his armor all. The reason it looks so long is because he has a Staun Deflator attached to it. Once yyou finnish deflating you pull them off.

Mcb-offroad
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Ok, up and running! I will get pics up soon!

It was nice to meet all of you, looking forward to more trips, when we go to hollister we take the motorhome and camp up at the 4x4 picnic area for a few nights...good base camp!

Rick, hope you got that rear wiper workin!!!!

Matt

heepenjim
01-10-2011, 12:28 PM

It was nice to meet all of you, looking forward to more trips, when we go to hollister we take the motorhome and camp up at the 4x4 picnic area for a few nights...good base camp!

Matt

Nice to meet you Matt. Hope to see in the future

Sludge Puppy
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM

Matt

Matt was nice to see that stock JK getting used :)

09rubicon
01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Matt,
It was great meeting you. I think I will try to swing by your shop on Wed. and see what you have to offer.

JKDinker
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM
He is just showing off his armor all. The reason it looks so long is because he has a Staun Deflator attached to it. Once yyou finnish deflating you pull them off.

Got it. Whew, thought it was a cap extension. Cant see the pic that great. :beer:

Mcb-offroad
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Ya, i took a nice hit to my tranny crossmember but other than got it all washed up sun, still looks new!!! Time to pick a lift, bumpers and sliders!!!! I am very picky about ON road ride quality, opinions on coils and shocks for me?

Matt

Mcb-offroad
01-10-2011, 02:07 PM
AND......if you guys won't give me too much shit i will brink out my wj and maybe my buddies LX450, its basically a clone of my old 94 fj80 which was lifted, locked and had sliders...honestly VERY capable!!

09rubicon
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
AND......if you guys won't give me too much shit i will brink out my wj and maybe my buddies LX450, its basically a clone of my old 94 fj80 which was lifted, locked and had sliders...honestly VERY capable!!

All vehicles are welcome. Just ask some of the members about guiding a H2 through Hollister. You will get shit for them though.

cruzcode
01-10-2011, 10:49 PM

Matt

Matt,

Good to meet you, I like your cool, blue, rig, and we'll look forward to wheeling with you in the future.

Regarding your lift/coil question... If it is a lift AND ride that you desire, go long-arm all the way. When you lift simply using coil springs and short arms, you change the suspension geometry, and it worsens the ride. I know, I've done it.

My RK long-arm kit rides like a Cadillac (ask Jim / Family-jk), and articulates with the best of them. Poly's (Synergy) lifts are similar as well. If you want more specific information, please PM me, and I'll be happy to help with more detail to substantiate my position.

RC

cruzcode
01-10-2011, 10:52 PM
He is just showing off his armor all.

You don't know!!!! :thefinger:

RC

sbron
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I had a good time, as usual. I always enjoy just hanging out with good friends and fellow jeepers.
Ron

Family-jk
01-11-2011, 07:27 AM
I had a great time seeing everyone as well. Damn it's cold here in Alabama. See ya all when I get back.

Mcb-offroad
01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Also heard from some manufactures people are breaking axles with stock D44's with 37" tires, any issues there?

Matt

09rubicon
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Also heard from some manufactures people are breaking axles with stock D44's with 37" tires, any issues there?

Matt

Its not a common issue, but it does happen. Most use it as an excuse to upgrade to Chromo or RCV. If you are really worried, go ahead and upgrade then keep your stocks as spares, I have heard of just about as many Chromo axles breaking as stock. The only ones that seem to have abetter rep are the RCV's or if your willing to drop the dime on some 300M shafts.

Mcb-offroad
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Although, still considering the evo, at least out front, what issues have you guys heard about it? Its VERY expensive and once again i only wanna wheel what im gunna sell!

Matt

Mcb-offroad
01-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Family-jk i love your fenders, have you had any legal issues yet?

cruzcode
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM

I love them too! I do not have those Smittybilt's that Jim (Family-jk) has, but I have the River Raider fenders. I'm currently nursing a fix-it ticket that I have to resolve TODAY. So, depending your area, you may also the wonderful experience of a ticket as well, should you decide to get gangsta with your fenders!

RC

Mcb-offroad
01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
I saw you took out your inner fenders and it exposed a lot of the wiring.....do you HAVE to remove them to run your or can you trim the inners to fit?

Matt

Mcb-offroad
01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I have an email into RCV to see if we can get hooked up with them......I am relying on you guys to guide me into what lines to carry and what NOT to!

cruzcode
01-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I saw you took out your inner fenders and it exposed a lot of the wiring.....do you HAVE to remove them to run your or can you trim the inners to fit?

Matt

To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my inner fenders (albeit trimmed), back in! I need them in!

I'll have to reach out to Kenny at River Raider
("Crash") for advisement.

RC

Mcb-offroad
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Nothin u cant do with a heat gun, zip ties and some beer? Maybe fab a few brackets? I haven't looked at mine enough yet, except when i was pressure washin all that rocky crappy sticky carnagie mud off!

Family-jk
01-11-2011, 09:11 PM

I haven't had any legal issues yet, but then as Cruzecode stated it all on depends the area. So far for me there has been no problems (knock on wood). I still plan on putting on removable rear mud flaps to avoid the bullshit before the ticket comes.

09rubicon
01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I haven't had any legal issues yet, but then as Cruzecode stated it all on depends the area. So far for me there has been no problems (knock on wood). I still plan on putting on removable rear mud flaps to avoid the bullshit before the ticket comes.

I forgot to ask, how was your drive home from my place? Everything hold up well?

cruzcode
01-11-2011, 11:23 PM

Avoid the orange-skinned, CHP officer that rides a motorcycle in Riverbank, CA. He is an oompa-loompa, and gives people tickets because he is piaaed off about it!

RC

Sludge Puppy
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM
RC where you speeding or anything when he pulled you over? CHP are usually low key about the fenders as long as you are not being stupid or kick shit up.

cruzcode
01-12-2011, 08:50 AM
RC where you speeding or anything when he pulled you over? CHP are usually low key about the fenders as long as you are not being stupid or kick shit up.

Speeding? In a Jeep? No, I was rolling about 34 in a 35 mph zone.

After I got my ticket, he asked if I had any questions. I asked him if he had pulled anyone over for texting while driving or drunk driving that day. He said no. I told him that he needed to seriously re-evaluate his priorities, then. Got in, and drove away.

RC

RRauzer
01-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Curious, do you have a 3rd brake light hooked up and he missed that? (If you don't it would be interesting to know that he missed that since he was jerky enough to pull you over for the tires...)

Sludge Puppy
01-12-2011, 02:36 PM

After I got my ticket, he asked if I had any questions. I asked him if he had pulled anyone over for texting while driving or drunk driving that day. He said no. I told him that he needed to seriously re-evaluate his priorities, then. Got in, and drove away.

RC

ha, that probably didnt help your case. He could have made that a full ticket not a fix it :)

cruzcode
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Curious, do you have a 3rd brake light hooked up and he missed that? (If you don't it would be interesting to know that he missed that since he was jerky enough to pull you over for the tires...)

No, I'm currently in between third brake lights. I'm not seeing one at the moment.

RC

cruzcode
01-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Slow, excruciating, climb, but good spotting, and slow driving, made it through this little tiny rock garden. RC Rating = Weak :shaking:

YouTube - Cruzcode tackling the Rock Garden at Carnegie (http://<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhPwo3hDXhs" target="_blank">YouTube - Cruzcode tackling the Rock Garden at Carnegie</a>)

RC

Eugene
01-21-2011, 08:26 PM
You did good RC! You da' man. How much air were you running in your tires, and who was doing the commentary/ filming?

cruzcode
01-21-2011, 08:32 PM
You did good RC! You da' man. How much air were you running in your tires, and who was doing the commentary/ filming?

Thanks, Brian. 15 PSI. Needed to go lower.

Laurie (Jimmy's lovely wife) was the expert videographer, and the smart-ass commentary was provided by Sludge & Marisa!

RC

BIGROCZ
01-22-2011, 08:55 AM
To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my inner fenders (albeit trimmed), back in! I need them in!

I'll have to reach out to Kenny at River Raider
("Crash") for advisement.

RC

Get with me...I trimmed mine out and it worked out pretty good

BIGROCZ
01-22-2011, 08:58 AM

RC

You got "An attitude ticket":pissed:

Family-jk
01-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Okay I feel stupid, but then if you can't laugh at yourself than what the hell. Note to self: Don't accidentally hit the gas petal with toe of boot as your depressing the break. Lucky I did not break my axle housing in this video. Prepare to say OH OUCH!!!!. Holly Shit.

YouTube - GoPro at Carnegie Jan. 2011 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfV9ARhZ1nY)

cruzcode
01-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Okay I feel stupid, but then if you can't laugh at yourself than what the hell. Note to self: Don't accidentally hit the gas petal with toe of boot as your depressing the break. Lucky I did not break my axle housing in this video. Prepare to say OH OUCH!!!!. Holly Shit.

Jim, I think we all cringed when that happened. I was hoping that serious damage was not done. Yes, I've slipped and hit the wrong pedal before..., I think we all have. Fortunately you were able to get Laurie to approve some "safety" upgrades, as a result!

RC

cruzcode
01-22-2011, 09:46 AM
You got "An attitude ticket":pissed:

Yeah, my Jeep was looking too mean, rolling through Riverbank, so I suppose he gave it an "attitude ticket", if you want to call it that. :D

RC

RRauzer
01-22-2011, 11:31 AM

Those GoPros are really awesome! Been half thinking of getting one for skiing and things like this. Anything you don't like about/would like to see improved in them?

HOGGSTATUS
01-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Those GoPros are really awesome! Been half thinking of getting one for skiing and things like this. Anything you don't like about/would like to see improved in them?

Be able the see what the fuck your filming, is what I want improved!!:thefinger:

Family-jk
01-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Be able the see what the fuck your filming, is what I want improved!!:thefinger:

Yes I do agree. You have to guess where your pointing the camera as there is no viewer. Other than that pretty awesome.

Sludge Puppy
01-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Brian. 15 PSI. Needed to go lower.

Laurie (Jimmy's lovely wife) was the expert videographer, and the smart-ass commentary was provided by Sludge & Marisa!

RC

RC, Marisa had nothing to do with commentary, and you are on her shit list for blaming her ;)

cruzcode
01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
RC, Marisa had nothing to do with commentary, and you are on her shit list for blaming her ;)

Define..., "shit list" please.

RC

Family-jk
01-25-2011, 07:30 AM

Define..., "shit list" please.

RC

Somehow I think he enjoys being on this list. Tends to be there often. :D

cruzcode
01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Somehow I think he enjoys being on this list. Tends to be there often. :D

Geez, now all I have to do is get onto Rob's, Scott's, and Brian's wives' shit list, to be complete!

RC

09rubicon
01-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Geez, now all I have to do is get onto Rob's, Scott's, and Brian's wives' shit list, to be complete!

RC

Naah, my wife thinks your cool......then again, she doesnt know you very well either:shaking:

Marcy
01-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Naah, my wife thinks your cool......then again, she doesnt know you very well either:shaking:

Sludge Puppy
01-25-2011, 10:51 AM

RC

Eh, that wont take too long. :thefinger:

cruzcode
01-25-2011, 06:58 PM

Just WHAT are you laughing at, "princess"???

RC

Eh, that wont take too long. :thefinger:

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

RC

rubirobv
01-26-2011, 02:33 PM
My wife loves you. She says your one of the girls. Calls you Raquel. :girly:

HOGGSTATUS
01-26-2011, 02:58 PM

:laughing2::laughing2:Your wife is getting a HIGH FIVE....when I see her next!!

Marcy
01-26-2011, 03:09 PM

cruzcode
01-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Damnit Rob!!! I only agreed to that so your wife wouldn't think you were cheating on her, when we were doing the axle install!

RC

rubirobv
01-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Damnit Rob!!! I only agreed to that so your wife wouldn't think you were cheating on her, when we were doing the axle install!

RC

:lol: Leave the house at 5pm, home at 2am. Wife- " How's Raquel ?"

Marcy
01-27-2011, 08:58 AM
:lol: Leave the house at 5pm, home at 2am. Wife- " How's Raquel ?"

Rob, maybe Rick shouldn't be worried about you rubbing... Maybe it's you that needs to worry about him rubbing.

09rubicon
01-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Rob, maybe Rick shouldn't be worried about you rubbing... Maybe it's you that needs to worry about him rubbing.

I am bringing an adult with me to the next install party, I dont feel "safe" anymore:shaking:

Marcy
01-27-2011, 09:09 AM
I am bringing an adult with me to the next install party, I dont feel "safe" anymore:shaking:

I don't think you have anything to worry about, sounds like they're pretty exclusive with these "install" parties they've been having until 2 am.

09rubicon
01-27-2011, 09:11 AM
I don't think you have anything to worry about, sounds like they're pretty exclusive with these "install" parties they've been having until 2 am.

I would ask what they are installing and where....but do we really want to know:shaking:

Marcy
01-27-2011, 09:15 AM
I would ask what they are installing and where....but do we really want to know:shaking:

Probably not since Rick is having a leaky air problem.

09rubicon
01-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Probably not since Rick is having a leaky air problem.

I guess that happens when you blow those o-rings out:smokin:

Marcy
01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
I guess that happens when you blow those o-rings out:smokin:

It's all making sense now. So then what's the boot really for? His excuse to walk funny?

09rubicon
01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
It's all making sense now. So then what's the boot really for? His excuse to walk funny?

It hides the bag that collects the anal leakage. :thefinger:

HOGGSTATUS
01-27-2011, 10:47 AM
:laughing2::laughing2:Scott that's classic!! I've been thinking my broken leg didn't take that long to heal, why is his!! This explains it all!!

09rubicon
01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
:laughing2::laughing2:Scott that's classic!! I've been thinking my broken leg didn't take that long to heal, why is his!! This explains it all!!

Just don't let him blame it on the potato chips:smokin:

Sludge Puppy
01-27-2011, 02:04 PM
This thread has gone wrong on so many levels... but sadly, it all makes sense now RC! :)

rubirobv
01-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Damnit, now RC won't invite me to any more private -uhh- install sessions. You guys suck. :thefinger:

cruzcode
01-28-2011, 02:11 AM
I just got home from down south, and jumped on JKO for a second. What the f***, may I ask, is going on here?!?!?

RC

Family-jk
01-28-2011, 06:18 AM
I just got home from down south, and jumped on JKO for a second. What the f***, may I ask, is going on here?!?!?

RC

I'm wondering too. I'm scared http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-422.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html) Is "Install Party" code word for something else. :laughing2::laughing2:

rubirobv
01-29-2011, 01:03 AM
RC, saw your response in Poly's balljoint thread.

^5 :lol:

cruzcode
01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
RC, saw your response in Poly's balljoint thread.

^5 :lol:

Thought you'd like that. :D

Hey, sorry I missed your call yesterday afternoon. My work day was slammed, and I wasn't paying a ton of attention to my personal cell phone... Plus, I don't have the luxury of being able to spray paint my rock sliders while I'm at work, like some people on here.

RC