Carnage or Breakage. What would you Carry? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Carnage or Breakage. What would you Carry?

Family-jk
01-06-2011, 08:31 AM
In light of Rob's experience down in So-Cal, Let's go over the master list of crap to have on hand. Let's add or delete.

4X4 Trail Gear

Recovery Gear
Winch Kit - Including Straps, Block and Shackles
Tire Deflator
Axe
Rope
Shovel
Leather Gloves
Hi-Lift Jack

Tools, Fluid and Repair Gear
Air Pressure Guage
Allen Wrenches
Bailing Wire
Crescent Wrenches
Electrical Tape
Hammer and Mallet
1/2" Break Bar, with 6" extension
Steel Bar
Open end/box Wrenches
Pliers, Channel Locks and Needle Nose Pliers
Knife
Screwdrivers (Standard/Phillips)
Socket Sets and Deep Sockets (Standard and 10mm-21mm) (13mm 12 point) (35mm) (T-40 torx)
Ratchets 3/8" and 1/2"
Wire Cutters
Air Pump/Compressor
Blanket
Wood Saw
Bungee Cords
Duct Tape
Gas
Engine Oil
Transmission Fluid
Power Steering Fluid
Brake Fluid
Fire Extinguisher
First Aid Kit
Flashlights
Jumper Cable
Multi fit hose and a roll of rubber-weld tape
Radiator Stop Leak
T-Style Lug Wrench
Tarp
Trash Bags
Water
WD-40
Zip Ties
Fuel Filter
Fuses
Several Size Hose Clamps
Tire Repair Plugs
Ratchet Straps
JB Weld
Starter Fluid
Silicon RTV Gasket Sealant

Replacement Parts
Tie Rod Ends
Drag Link Ends
Pitman Steering Arm
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Belts
Brake Lines
Spark Plugs
Tire Valve Stem
U-Joints

And plenty of Beer :beer::beer::beer: and those that :smokin:

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Drive shafts
Complete Axle shafts( front and rear)
Track bar (front and rear)

That's what's in my HEEP! As well as most the other stuff I've all ready listed!

Ogie
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Spark plugs? They often break on the trail? :thefinger:

Carrying ball joints is a good idea...carrying the tool to remove and install them is even better. ;)

JKDinker
01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Geezus Family JK, thats a list! How long did it take you to type that? Took me a whole cup of coffee to read it. But I'm slow. Ha! :laughing: Nice list!!! :beer:

BIGROCZ
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
I'd add a home fabbed lead to string 3 battery's together to use your jumper cables (good ones) as a redneck welder, along with some stick in a water proof case....I never trail without mine.

Marcy
01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Apple pie?

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Apple pie?

:laughing2::laughing2: Oh, OFCOURSE HOW COULD WE FORGET THAT!!

Family-jk
01-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd add a home fabbed lead to string 3 battery's together to use your jumper cables (good ones) as a redneck welder, along with some stick in a water proof case....I never trail without mine.

Next time we are out wheeling you'll have to show me this setup. Interesting and never seen it done.

Family-jk
01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Geezus Family JK, thats a list! How long did it take you to type that? Took me a whole cup of coffee to read it. But I'm slow. Ha! :laughing: Nice list!!! :beer:

:laughing2::laughing2: took me two cups just to type it out. Although I should, I don't carry half of the crap on the list. That's what I have Hoggstatus for :D. Slowly but surely trying to build the list and figure out where to put all of this shit including wife, two kids and a dog.

binarypie
01-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Duct tape, leather-man, WD40, mag-lite, zip ties, and a little creativity.

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
That's what I have Hoggstatus for :D.

:laughing2::laughing2:And I'm 110% Ok with that!!:grinpimp: :smokin:

nootherride
01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
wow i can only check off a few things...:shaking:

BIGROCZ
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Next time we are out wheeling you'll have to show me this setup. Interesting and never seen it done.

If i ever get off my ass I will post the setup build..Pretty cheap and real handy

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
If i ever get off my ass I will post the setup build..Pretty cheap and real handy

Do you now Stainless Steel Dave on Pirate ? He lives here in livermore. He's a great welder. We talked about that setup before. I'm leaning towards a premier power welder with the inverter to run power tools. I'll have to weigh that against the Ready Welder and The PowerTank, for running tools.

A cordless impact wrench makes work go alittle faster on the trail too.
Bottle or scissor jack can be useful too.

I would say that all steering componants are a must. It would suck not to have steering.

Keep all of your old parts. I'm glad I did. Apple Pie ia a must. You could be there awhile. ;)

Sludge Puppy
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
ARB/Engel Fridge is a must to keep your food good for the duration of the trip while you are fixing broken items :)

e-jeep
01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
-5.56 Rock River carbine
-1911 pistol
-Remmington 870
-Duck tape
-Sustainable ammo and magazines
-A berret
-MREs
-Frag grenades
-A welders apron
-Jolt cola
-A lava lamp

Wait ...what are we getting ready for?

binarypie
01-06-2011, 05:26 PM
-5.56 Rock River carbine
-1911 pistol
-Remmington 870
-Duck tape
-A berret
-MREs
-Frag grenades
-A welders apron
-Jolt cola
-A lava lamp

Well if I was cartman I would think you are going to hunt hippies.

Dynatrac
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
One thing I have on my list is an emergency road flare. While it's usual use is obvious, another very valuable use is as a fire starter. They burn very hot and can get even wet wood burning. They take very little room and have been very handy for me over the years.

JKDinker
01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Do you now Stainless Steel Dave on Pirate ? He lives here in livermore. He's a great welder. We talked about that setup before. I'm leaning towards a premier power welder with the inverter to run power tools. I'll have to weigh that against the Ready Welder and The PowerTank, for running tools.

I would say that all steering componants are a must. It would suck not to have steering.

Keep all of your old parts. I'm glad I did. Apple Pie ia a must. You could be there awhile. ;)

I lost my hydro assist steering in the Big Sluice this year. Me and my daughter tryed to turn it as we were being towed. No Go guys!! Bring steering parts...... I do!! Extra ram, hoses, pump, fluid. Never again without. Of course my wife and son were in the backseat laughing...........It wasn't funny considering where we were. :pissed:

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 10:30 PM
-5.56 Rock River carbine
-1911 pistol
-Remmington 870
-Duck tape
-A berret
-MREs
-Frag grenades
-A welders apron
-Jolt cola
-A lava lamp

:laughing2: The last three on the list scare me.

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 10:32 PM
One thing I have on my list is an emergency road flare. While it's usual use is obvious, another very valuable use is as a fire starter. They burn very hot and can get even wet wood burning. They take very little room and have been very handy for me over the years.

Excellent idea :beer:

cruzcode
01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't wheel without my "pry bar." Scott used it last time, he'll attest that it's handy. :)

RC

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Maybe an extra Jeep, like the Volvo commercial where they pull an extra car out of the trunk!!:D :laughing2::laughing2:

nootherride
01-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Excellent idea :beer:

X2 best firestarter of all time:pissed:

HOGGSTATUS
01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
X2 best firestarter of all time:pissed:

I also carry a magnesium block!! That shit works well too!

JKDinker
01-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Also I always carry a can of either, or engine starting fluid. It works great seating tires. Just dont spray to much cuz when it goes "whoof" it will burn the hair off your arms. Trust me I know! :laughing: And always make the soberest fucker do it! Cuz after a few beers it gets kinda scary!!! :innocent: Oh and always take it away from the drunk pyro at camp! Its not a portable flame thrower.......... Just trust me! :shaking:

Family-jk
01-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Also I always carry a can of either, or engine starting fluid. It works great seating tires. Just dont spray to much cuz when it goes "whoof" it will burn the hair off your arms. Trust me I know! :laughing: And always make the soberest fucker do it! Cuz after a few beers it gets kinda scary!!! :innocent: Oh and always take it away from the drunk pyro at camp! Its not a portable flame thrower.......... Just trust me! :shaking:

Are you sure we have not partied together at a camp fire. Story sounds very similar. Although, my last camp fire involved my drunk brother pouring gasoline on a smoldering fire and burned most of the hair off of his face. :laughing:

cruzcode
01-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Maybe an extra Jeep, like the Volvo commercial where they pull an extra car out of the trunk!!:D :laughing2::laughing2:

What are you talking about?!? You HAVE a whole extra Jeep in the back of your rig!!! :D

RC

JesterWiLD
01-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Also need a battle buddy to drink your beer and make fun of your broken down ass.

Definitely a must.

HOGGSTATUS
01-07-2011, 07:55 AM
What are you talking about?!? You HAVE a whole extra Jeep in the back of your rig!!! :D

RC

You don't?? It's in that cubby in the back of the Jeep!

Marcy
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Apple Pie ia a must. You could be there awhile. ;)

Then maybe Jack is a better idea. Oh wait, I had both on the last run :)

Eugene
01-07-2011, 12:27 PM
One thing I bring is two foot lengths of 1/4" and 1/2" allthread. I have half a dozen nuts and washers threaded on them also. You can cut it to make bolts or use it to hold things together. You can weld on it Pretty handy stuff.

R8R ROK
01-07-2011, 01:52 PM
One thing I bring is two foot lengths of 1/4" and 1/2" allthread. I have half a dozen nuts and washers threaded on them also. You can cut it to make bolts or use it to hold things together. You can weld on it Pretty handy stuff.

Brilliant, always learn something new.

Thanks

BIGROCZ
01-10-2011, 02:55 PM

I'm cheap as hell...if I can build it and it gets down the trail..I'm good with it...I'll do the permanent fix at mi casa

BIGROCZ
01-10-2011, 02:56 PM

X2:beer::beer:

Marcy
01-10-2011, 03:09 PM
I think I take back my apple pie comment. Well at least Jason's applie pie :hide: :puke: I haven't tried it but just thinking about it makes my liver hurt :laughing:

09rubicon
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
x3 on the road flares. If you can manage to get true phosphorus flares you can weld with them as well. It is neither pretty nor strong, but sometimes it can be just enough to get you off the trail.

HOGGSTATUS
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I think I take back my apple pie comment. Well at least Jason's applie pie :hide: :puke: I haven't tried it but just thinking about it makes my liver hurt :laughing:

Don't be SCARED!! We're all drinking it together!! One shot a piece, I'll hopefully have it Friday night!! Oh.....NO!!!

cruzcode
01-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Umm..., bring like 500 extra rear wiper fuses. I know some of you understand what this means!

RC