Hammered at the Hammers [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Hammered at the Hammers

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Hey NorCal folks. Sorry I missed you all at New Years. Looks like you guys had another good snow run. We made last minute plans to go to SoCal for New Years at Johnson Valley. That place is truely special. We had an excellent time despite the carnage. I crushed the door frames on both side at the rear doors and pried back one of the door hinges. Broke an axle and destroyed two balljoints on the last day.

We put together an extensive writeup in the Trips and Trails section.

Here's the link if you guys are interested.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43156 (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43156)

Hope we can get a NorCal group out there one day. There are so many trails out there. It's unbelievable.

Family-jk
01-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Holly shit that's some serious carnage for one weekend. Awesome pics. Looks like way to much fun. Your gonna need a new body tub pretty soon or I guess now the door frames match the rear fender :laughing2:. I agree with Rick on keeping extra ball joints in the bag of goodies. If you think about all the crap that could go wrong and keep an extra part for each occurrence, there would be no room for the beer :D

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 08:50 AM
ROB YOUR A SAVAGE!! I'm kinda mad at myself......I love Rock Crawlin, and instead of going with you I went to the Snow!! I'm so JEALOUS! :shaking: I'm currently kick myself in the ASS!! :smokin:

marinespence
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
so lets get a trip planned i love that place its my old stompling grounds!

JKDinker
01-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Rob, loved the pics and video! Looks like you guys put a dent in some Advil the next day! Nice.....:laughing:

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Guys, that place humbles me in a hurry. Short intense trails.

Our camp was very quiet New Years Day. We ran one trail, Chocolate Thunder and didn't get out there until 3:00pm.

Family-jk
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Guys, that place humbles me in a hurry. Short intense trails.

Our camp was very quiet New Years Day. We ran one trail, Chocolate Thunder and didn't get out there until 3:00pm.

Maybe we should start a new thread that says "Show us a pic of any good paint you have left." :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2: Shit I just made myself LMAO :D:beer:

HOGGSTATUS
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Maybe we should start a new thread that says "Show us a pic of any good paint you have left." :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2: Shit I just made myself LMAO :D:beer:

I like the sound of that thread! Maybe also a "still straight panel" thread.... I know Spencer doesn't have one!!

rubirobv
01-06-2011, 01:46 PM

I know. I'm running out of excuses for wheelin' it like a buggy. It's funny to me too. :puke: I want a friggen buggy.

marinespence
01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I like the sound of that thread! Maybe also a "still straight panel" thread.... I know Spencer doesn't have one!!

my tailgate is still straight! this took me 5 minutes looking but i found a straight panel!:thefinger: