Flying Out of PHL (Odds?) [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Flying Out of PHL (Odds?)

cruzcode
12-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Who wants a piece of this action? I'm scheduled to fly out of Philadelphia tomorrow morning (12/30) around 7:30 a.m. and head back to NorCal. What are the odds of THAT happening???

We have a little bit of snow, so to speak, and there is a rumor that we may have 8-13 inches in next day. The question for your meterologists out there, what is the % chance that planes will be grounded and I'll be stuck in Philly?

My daughter is going on a small trip when I leave tomorrow morning, so coming back to spend more time with her isn't an option. So if I do get snowed in, which of these options should I elect:

Option A) Hit the US Airways bar, and ask them to bring their entire stock of Grey Goose to my bar position.

Option B) Sleep sideways across 6 chairs like a college student.

Option C) Practice my Top Gun lines on stranded airport women.

Option D) Rent a small rental car, and wheel it "Jeremy-style". (But instead of dunes, hit the icy Turnpike).

Option E) Rent a car and head to Kenny's shop in PA, and ask him to serve a cold, stranded, fellow-JKowner, a Philly cheesesteak, and have him and his wife Shanna, tour me through their shop.

:)

RC

aristobrat
12-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Dunno, things look pretty good for departing flights today, and the weather for tomorrow doesn't look bad:
http://www.phl.org/flight_departures.asp

Rock Krawler Suspension
12-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Well, If I was single I would choose C! The woman that have been waiting in line might be desperate by now!

JKDinker
12-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Start with A then go to C and if that doesnt get you anywhere move to B as a last option. 3 out of 5? I like those odds better. :laughing:

paramaniac
12-29-2010, 08:17 AM
If you get stuck I can offer you a place to stay and a ride to get a real Philly cheese steak. No offense to Kenny, he just lives too far away to get a real sandwich.

PM me if the need arises

Sent by carrier pigeon

HOGGSTATUS
12-29-2010, 08:29 AM
I would say C but you got no game....Son!!:laughing2::laughing2:

cruzcode
12-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Well, If I was single I would choose C! The woman that have been waiting in line might be desperate by now!

Haha, why does a girl have to desperate??? It's not like I drape myself in bacon every morning, like some of our compadres here on JKO! :) :) :)

RC

cruzcode
12-29-2010, 08:57 AM
If you get stuck I can offer you a place to stay and a ride to get a real Philly cheese steak. No offense to Kenny, he just lives too far away to get a real sandwich.

PM me if the need arises

Sent by carrier pigeon

Good looking out, I appreciate it. I'll let you know how things progress...

RC

cruzcode
12-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Fool! Actually, my "game" has always been having "no game"!

But for whatever reason, I seem to have involuntary, mad, airport, game. Actually it's really funny... When I was married, my wife knew me well. She would never get worried if I went out to bars, work or friend parties, etc., because I would always end up being friends with women, not picking them up. However, she WOULD get worried when I traveled and would have to fly, because she has seen me at airports. She swore I emitted pheremones (sp?) when I travel... Scary.

:laughing2:

RC

StubEXrube
12-29-2010, 09:47 AM
She swore I emitted pheremones (sp?) when I travel... Scary.

I used to have a cat that would stick it's ass up in the air and spray the furniture with foul smelling sex-juice.

This is how I am now picturing you.

Wrap it/ Tap it/ Repeat as necessary.

Good luck. :beer:

Family-jk
12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Option C) Practice my Top Gun lines on stranded airport women.

RC

Ding, Ding, Ding. I pick option C. And the only reason you end up as friends with women at the bar or parties is because you have not had a proper WINGMAN. :laughing2::laughing2:

cruzcode
12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Between the last two fawking responses from Stub (maybe one day I'll actually learn "Stub's" real name) & Jim, have me laughing my ass off!!!!

RC

binarypie
12-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Monday night I flew from BTV to ORD to SFO with no problems.

Tuesday afternoon my sister attempted to fly from BTV to PHL to TPA.
She was told she would have a flight out Friday at the earliest.

The east coast got hammered.

However, since I grew up in the east coast.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

If you have lived more than a couple years anywhere near the north eastern seaboard you would know that these storms happen almost every year. How the hell are airports not prepared for this?

jason mac
12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
However, she WOULD get worried when I traveled and would have to fly, because she has seen me at airports. She swore I emitted pheremones (sp?) when I travel... Scary.

:laughing2:

RC

Maybe that's just some B.O. your sending out:laughing: Have a safe trip brother.

cruzcode
12-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe that's just some B.O. your sending out:laughing: Have a safe trip brother.

It could be, but with exception of post-workouts, and long, non-river, camping trips, I have good hygiene. :)

Thanks man, we'll see you soon.

RC

cruzcode
12-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Monday night I flew from BTV to ORD to SFO with no problems.

Tuesday afternoon my sister attempted to fly from BTV to PHL to TPA.
She was told she would have a flight out Friday at the earliest.

The east coast got hammered.

However, since I grew up in the east coast.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

If you have lived more than a couple years anywhere near the north eastern seaboard you would know that these storms happen almost every year. How the hell are airports not prepared for this?

Iiiiiiii KNOW, right?!?! The funniest thing about my trip out, when the US Airways flight got a flat on the landing gear. I couldn't believe that they do not "plan" for that! The nearest "spare tire" was in Phoenix!

They should issue boots to the head, for every poorly prepared/executed mistake like this.

RC

Marcy
12-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Ding, Ding, Ding. I pick option C. And the only reason you end up as friends with women at the bar or parties is because you have not had a proper WINGMAN. :laughing2::laughing2:

It's either that, or this:

caligirl
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Between the last two fawking responses from Stub (maybe one day I'll actually learn "Stub's" real name) & Jim, have me laughing my ass off!!!!

RC

How come I know Stub's real name and you don't?? ;) heehee

You could always fly to Vegas and practice your Top Gun lines on me and I'll let you know which ones work best for you......and just FYI Lacey's a pretty good wingman even though she's more of a wingwoman :D

HOOLIGAN
12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
I say F*** it all and go see Gogol Bordello tonight. They are playing in Philly tonight.

cruzcode
12-30-2010, 04:54 AM
How come I know Stub's real name and you don't?? ;) heehee

You could always fly to Vegas and practice your Top Gun lines on me and I'll let you know which ones work best for you......and just FYI Lacey's a pretty good wingman even though she's more of a wingwoman :D

Vegas huh? Too bad I just saw this post (I'm boarding for Oakland shortly), as I might have been inclined to make a detour. :)

Lacey is good wing-woman, eh? So will she lead me to attractive brunettes/red-heads, or will she have a different, blonde, agenda? ;)

RC

Family-jk
12-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Vegas huh? Too bad I just saw this post (I'm boarding for Oakland shortly), as I might have been inclined to make a detour. :)

Lacey is good wing-woman, eh? So will she lead me to attractive brunettes/red-heads, or will she have a different, blonde, agenda? ;)

RC

Damn, did it just get hotter all of a sudden. :hot::devil:

caligirl
12-30-2010, 12:25 PM

RC

Well once you get to Oakland pick up a flight to Vegas....I'm leaving in less than an hour :bounce:

Lacey is an equal opportunity wing-woman :D But we're a couple of blondes that know how to have fun so it works for us :D

cruzcode
01-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Well once you get to Oakland pick up a flight to Vegas....I'm leaving in less than an hour :bounce:

Lacey is an equal opportunity wing-woman :D But we're a couple of blondes that know how to have fun so it works for us :D

Hope you enjoyed Vegas!

RC