Which MyGig Mic? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Which MyGig Mic?

Trailm
11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Hello,

I just recently got two microphones for the MyGig RER radio from friends who have moved onto aftermarket radios and I'm trying to figure out which one I should use in my MyGiG system.

I've got the standard MOPAR microphone (~40.00) and a NAV-TV microphone (looks like a raised circle mic). I've been told the NAV-TV mic is around ~80.00-110.00 (I'm sure the NAV-TV folks could correct me). I think this is the same microphone that's included with their AllGig setup.

My initial reaction is to use the NAV-TV one since it's more expensive but then I think about the factory warranty etc if I use the MOPAR one. I also like the look of the factory one a bit better but not willing to sacrifice quality if the MOPAR one is in fact worse.

Can anyone comment on quality between the two? Any personal preferences with them?

Thanks in advance!
Trailm

hscrugby
11-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Just cause it's more expensive doesn't make it better.
I'd use the mopar one since you like the looks better. They will both sound similar as 95% of the sound quality comes from the signal processing in the mygig.

Cheers

jacktuttle
11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Just cause it's more expensive doesn't make it better.
I'd use the mopar one since you like the looks better. They will both sound similar as 95% of the sound quality comes from the signal processing in the mygig.

Cheers

I have the Mopar Mic. I mounted it on the left side of the radio panel near the top. It works OK as long as the windows are up and the A/C is no higher than Lo. I have a hard top and have added insulation to the inside roof. At freeway speeds I have to turn up the volume a little.