I don't like the sound of this [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: I don't like the sound of this

RubiZealot
12-24-2010, 06:33 AM
"The Obama administration plans to reverse a Bush-era policy and make millions of undeveloped acres of land once again eligible for federal wilderness protection, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said Thursday."

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/23/132294366/obama-to-restore-wilderness-rules-for-public-lands

RubiCajun
12-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah, he's actually been doing it. As soon as the term Wilderness Protection is put on it the OHV fun is out. However, I think that hikers and mountain bikers can still use it. There doing this land grab all over the country. You got liberal outdoor sports and conservative outdoor sports. Need to get the Repubs to repeal this shit starting next month. Fuck him :thefinger:

fishgutz
01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Mountain bikers can not ise "wildreness" protected trails. The designation bars all mechanized travel. And that inlcudes preventing helicopters from landing to rescue lost of injured hikers.
Some lost boys had to wait an extra day after being found by a helicopter because the government wouldn't let them land to pick them up. They had to wait for a crew to hike in the next day to guide them out.
But the Mountain bikers are fooled into thinking they will have access so they will support the left wing enviro fascist agenda.
Before long all states will be like Oregon where it is illegal to develop land for housing outisde approved urban areas. The state stole $billions in property value with the stroke of a green pen without compensation. Only active farming is allowed outside urban islands and one must prove a minimum output or the state will take your land.

J. Kickerman
01-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Fuck Salazar. He's an embarrasment from Colorado.

jeepndel
01-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Salazar's Secretarial Order bypasses Congress, and allows BLM to designate what I am calling de-facto Wilderness -- it's not technically Wilderness, but rather Wild Lands with wilderness like characteristics worthy of protection.
Can you believe that?:mr-t:

BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) and other national groups are taking this head-on, hard-hitting and full boat. BRC staff did one awesome job analizing what all this anti-access manuvering means. Check out http://www.sharetrails.org (http://sharetrails.org) for more on Salazar's order and what it means.

Del

hapnincapt
01-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Everyone I come across is so pissed off about this type of stuff, but the enviro-whackos always seem to get their way. I never have spoken to someone who agrees with their extreme views, yet they ALWAYS seem to get their way! I just don't get it. As far as sportfishing goes here in So. CA, the enviro-nutjobs have managed to pass a MLPA (marine life protection act) law that has recently closed off numerous locations to fishing and spearfishing forever. Those same assholes probably eat fish.
What they don't realize is that conscientous offroaders and sport fisherman want to preserve these habitats more than anyone else. I have seen people as well as myself picking up trash along the trails, as well as staying on designated trails. When I spearfish, I never take more than I need and try my best to obey size limits (although once the trigger is pulled, only then can you measure a fish!).
I am outraged at these dickheads who want to take away all of the shit that I enjoy. And as I said, they ALWAYS seem to get their way!