Mega Nor Cal Bar Party Friday Dec 17 2010 [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Mega Nor Cal Bar Party Friday Dec 17 2010

R8R ROK
12-12-2010, 09:57 AM
New Thread since since Jeffs post count is getting to high and I can't get my shit together.

Post up if you are not on the list or are bringing anyone else.

Its looking like an awesome turnout for our Mega Nor Cal Bar Party

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:x4 Nor Cal Style :grinpimp:

Please feel free to bring any friends.

When :
Cookie Monster will get there before 5pm.
I am sure we are going to go late so get there when you get there.
Friday the 17th of December.

Who :
R8R ROK & Wife
Hoggstatus
Marine Spence
Jeepin Green
WKD RUBICON & Wife
Nuclear JK & Wife
Rubirobv
Cruzcode & = maybe
Marcy for less than 120 seconds
Jason Mac & wife
mmccurdy & hopefully Wife
mystery guest
Family-jk & Wife
Rrauzer
Sludgepuppy
sbron
MBATF
MDX Dave = maybe

Nor Cal Kicks Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where :
Thanks Steve :cookiemonster: for doing all the work finding a place for us Hooligans to hang out.

We have decided to hold the party at a bar in Belmont (San Carlos/Belmont border) called St. James Gate. We have looked at a few different places, but with upwards of 20-25 people, the options are limited on a Friday at 6-7pm.

The bar is decent - good size inside and a huge patio outside. There is 1 pool table for Marcy to dance on, a ping-pong table and a putting green. 1/2 of the patio is covered, with heaters (it's supposed to rain) so we should be ok.

There have been some cougar sightings at the bar. Don't worry Spencer, we'll protect you!

Food - they do serve food. It's ok - standard cheap bar food. I believe the owner mentioned they will also be serving free hotdogs.

There will be a cover band at night (I think they start around 9:30). The patio is still quiet enough for conversation. The bands they get are typically great Classic Rock cover bands.

Location - 1410 Old County Rd, Belmont, CA 94002. The bar is just south of Harbor Blvd. If you're coming up 101 from the South, get off at the Holly exit, go west (back over the freeway), cross Industrial Rd, go about 1/4 mile and turn right on Old County Rd. The bar will be on your left about 3/4 of a mile down (just a few blocks south of Harbor Blvd.). If you're coming from the North, get off at the Ralston exit, but stay on the service drive (don't turn on Ralston) and take it to Harbor Blvd. (the right lane of the service drive/exit becomes Harbor Blvd.). Once on Harbor, go about 1/4 mile and turn left on Old County Rd. The bar is just a few blocks down on the right (west side).

JeepingGreen
12-12-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm in!

R8R ROK
12-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm in! http://www.jeepcali.com/smilies/smileycookiemonster.gif

You better be in. You set the place up. :grinpimp:

Sludge Puppy
12-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I will be leaving the city around 5, so there 5:30 or so traffic willing

rubirobv
12-12-2010, 12:07 PM
I think I've been to this place before, about 100 years ago. I think there was a fooseball table there. We used to go for beers after work. It's got to be the same place on Old County Road.

binarypie
12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Normally I would be in Tahoe on Fridays!

However, I'm going to make a special exception for you guys.

I'll show up for a couple hours before I drive to Tahoe Friday night :)

I may or may not be dragging a friend with me

R8R ROK
12-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Normally I would be in Tahoe on Fridays!

However, I'm going to make a special exception for you guys.

I'll show up for a couple hours before I drive to Tahoe Friday night :)

I may or may not be dragging a friend with me

Right on , :beer:

Marcy
12-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Shit! I have to be drunk to play pool.

Family-jk
12-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Me too, I have to be pool to play drunk as well. Damn I mean I have to play drunk to be pool. Shit I'm already drunk. :D:grinpimp::beer:

RRauzer
12-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Rockstar location change! I can literally walk home from the joint if one too many :beer:'s!! Been planning to check this place out for a while...

JeepingGreen
12-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Rockstar location change! I can literally walk home from the joint if one too many :beer:'s!! Been planning to check this place out for a while...

It's not a bad place... I just hope we have enough people there early enough to save some tables.. It's generally pretty dead there at that time tho..

Lucky you can walk home!

The location is on the outskirts of Belmont and San Carlos so there aren't too many cops around.. Not that I'm suggesting anyone drive if they've had too much.. Just sayin'..

HOGGSTATUS
12-13-2010, 11:09 AM
It's not a bad place... I just hope we have enough people there early enough to save some tables.. It's generally pretty dead there at that time tho..

Lucky you can walk home!

The location is on the outskirts of Belmont and San Carlos so there aren't too many cops around.. Not that I'm suggesting anyone drive if they've had too much.. Just sayin'..

Drunk drivin is what I like to do!!

cruzcode
12-13-2010, 03:48 PM

I have another opportunity here, to be a smartass. Why on earth am I holding back??? Ughhhh... I'll be nice.

RC

HOGGSTATUS
12-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I have another opportunity here, to be a smartass. Why on earth am I holding back??? Ughhhh... I'll be nice.

RC

Rick sounds like you getting SOFT!! :laughing2::laughing2:

cruzcode
12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Rick sounds like you getting SOFT!! :laughing2::laughing2:

Rick and "soft" do not go in the same sentence.

RC

HOGGSTATUS
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Rick and "soft" do not go in the same sentence.

RC

Yes they do, I did it and so did you!! :thefinger:

binarypie
12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't have to drink to play pool but it sure does help calm the nerves

sbron
12-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Sounds like a great time, I'll be there.
Ron

R8R ROK
12-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Sounds like a great time, I'll be there.
Ron

Excellent,

Should be fun. :beer:

cruzcode
12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Yes they do, I did it and so did you!! :thefinger:

You're doing a shot for that, jackass. :thefinger: :grin:

RC

Family-jk
12-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Can't wait until Friday.

HOGGSTATUS
12-14-2010, 08:57 AM
You're doing a shot for that, jackass. :thefinger: :grin:

RC

Ok...one shot!! Not Jack though!! :thefinger: :smokin:

jason mac
12-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I heard the story of Jeff drinking. I guess I'll drive him home.

R8R ROK
12-14-2010, 10:12 AM

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

JeepingGreen
12-14-2010, 10:22 AM

I'm sure Jeff and Spenc will be fine!

http://www.jeepcali.com/smilies/smileypukeoneachother2.gif

HOGGSTATUS
12-14-2010, 11:28 AM

SHIT FULL ME IN....cause I don't know what your talking about!! Like I always like to say FUCK WHAT YOU HEARD!! :thefinger: I'm only having ONE SHOT....and some Grey and Red!! BITCH!! Oh and my:smokin: ofcourse!!

HOGGSTATUS
12-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm sure Jeff and Spenc will be fine!

http://www.jeepcali.com/smilies/smileypukeoneachother2.gif

Steve....:thefinger: without the grin!!!

JeepingGreen
12-14-2010, 03:38 PM
I just spoke with the owner of the bar - Doug.. They're going to have some tables/a section reserved for us. I'm hoping we can have at least 10 or so people there by 6ish.. If not, no biggie.. It's a casual place and the owner's pretty cool..

:beer::beer:

Family-jk
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I just spoke with the owner of the bar - Doug.. They're going to have some tables/a section reserved for us. I'm hoping we can have at least 10 or so people there by 6ish.. If not, no biggie.. It's a casual place and the owner's pretty cool..

:beer::beer:

We are hoping to be there prior to 6pm. looks like it's gonna be a good turn out. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-party-smileys-861.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

JeepingGreen
12-14-2010, 04:02 PM
I just noticed - driving to the bar - there is a HUGE open dirt/mud field right by it... Too bad it's under construction and fenced in :(

Family-jk
12-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I just noticed - driving to the bar - there is a HUGE open dirt/mud field right by it... Too bad it's under construction and fenced in :(

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/confused/sorry-20.gif (http://freesmileyface.net) What fence officer.

JeepingGreen
12-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Steve....:thefinger: without the grin!!!

sorry, didn't mean to leave Spence out..

http://www.jeepcali.com/smilies/smileypukeoneachother.gif

marinespence
12-14-2010, 05:21 PM
sorry, didn't mean to leave Spence out..

http://www.jeepcali.com/smilies/smileypukeoneachother.gif

i wont be puking i cant drink too much im gonna be working at 6am on saturday.

R8R ROK
12-14-2010, 05:47 PM
i wont be puking i cant drink too much im gonna be working at 6am on saturday.
I am right there with you . 6:30 so I guess I get to sleep in.

marinespence
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
I am right there with you . 6:30 so I guess I get to sleep in.

you going in nice and early to make those stickers? ABOUT DAMN TIME!:thefinger:

cruzcode
12-14-2010, 09:55 PM

:D :D :D

RC

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/confused/sorry-20.gif (http://freesmileyface.net) What fence officer.

x2!!! I eat fences for breakfast!

RC

MBATF
12-16-2010, 12:05 PM
See you guys tomorrow. :thefinger:

R8R ROK
12-16-2010, 12:08 PM

Right on, :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: x 4

JeepingGreen
12-16-2010, 12:14 PM

Sweet! You're in!? http://www.jeepcali.com/smilies/smileysmokinprofile.gif

binarypie
12-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Major storm rolling in. I will not be there tomorrow! Heading up tonight! Sorry guys the snow is calling!

JeepingGreen
12-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Major storm rolling in. I will not be there tomorrow! Heading up tonight! Sorry guys the snow is calling!

I don't blame you!! Once Jeff and Spenc are sauced up enough, I'm gonna talk them into heading to Placerville Friday night... work shmurk..

Gonna be lots of powder!

HOGGSTATUS
12-16-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't blame you!! Once Jeff and Spenc are sauced up enough, I'm gonna talk them into heading to Placerville Friday night... work shmurk..

Gonna be lots of powder!

Spencer may be sauced up, but not me!! And you act like I've got to be talked in to shit......I'm FUCKIN DOWN SON!! THATS WHY I'M HOGGSTATUS!! :thefinger:

cruzcode
12-16-2010, 01:55 PM
You can count my "guest" out, and I am still a "maybe" status.

RC

JKDinker
12-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Im out. Thanks everyone for the invite anyway! Also David thanks for the call today. :beer: We need to have some beers soon. My wife wont leave the kids by themselves that long (not that I blame her). And my parents are going to a xmas party themselves Friday Night and bailed on me. :shaking: So I will have to make a rain check with everyone. :shaking:

On a side note if you guys come up this way let me know. Jeff call me and I will meet you guys and go wheeling. We are suppose some serious snow!! :grinpimp:
Brandon (Stuka) rent the genny now.:laughing:

cruzcode
12-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Im out. Thanks everyone for the invite anyway! Also David thanks for the call today. :beer: We need to have some beers soon. My wife wont leave the kids by themselves that long (not that I blame her). And my parents are going to a xmas party themselves Friday Night and bailed on me. :shaking: So I will have to make a rain check with everyone. :shaking:

On a side note if you guys come up this way let me know. Jeff call me and I will meet you guys and go wheeling. We are suppose some serious snow!! :grinpimp:

What about wheeling Sunday?

RC

R8R ROK
12-17-2010, 07:54 AM

Damm , I was looking forward to hangin out with you. I our paths have to cross sooner rather than later. After this Holiday stuff I am going to figure out how to get up your way.

JeepingGreen
12-17-2010, 08:12 AM
I need a beer! :beer:

JKDinker
12-17-2010, 08:23 AM
What about wheeling Sunday?

Naw, I'm going wheelin up here somewhere. I don't really like mud. Rockhard Skid plates with mud are a bitch. Trust me.
RC

Damm , I was looking forward to hangin out with you. I our paths have to cross sooner rather than later. After this Holiday stuff I am going to figure out how to get up your way.

Stacy, we have so much in common its funny. Both in Trucking, kids the same age, we will hook up for beers soon. :beer:

I'm with ya! We will be drinking by 3pm. Its Friday! Got to! :beer:

Marcy
12-17-2010, 09:06 AM

I need 8!

cruzcode
12-17-2010, 09:10 AM
I need 8!

Crazy week with a lot of things going on. I need 8 too!

RC

Marcy
12-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Crazy week with a lot of things going on. I need 8 too!

RC

Bring Sarah with you tonight!

JeepingGreen
12-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Parking Info...

Parking on the street can be tricky.. Watch out for red zones and don't block any driveways (some are hard to see)..

The owner assures me that we are allowed to park in the parking lot directly across the street from the bar...

Cheers,
JG

JeepingGreen
12-17-2010, 02:32 PM
One more update - if anyone has trouble finding the bar (or finding us in the bar), my cell # is 248 880 6500

~steve

http://www.jeepcali.com/smilies/smileysdrink.gif

R8R ROK
12-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Hopefully my buddy MDX Dave is coming by.

cruzcode
12-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Status upgraded from "Probable" to "Coming!". In transit as we speak!

RC

HOGGSTATUS
12-17-2010, 04:00 PM

RC

Lucky I'm still working!! Be down around 6ish:shaking:

Family-jk
12-17-2010, 04:05 PM

RC

Your gonna pass my house, or come near it. To bad I don't have your number, so we could follow each other. I'm probably leaving within 30 minutes from Manteca. If you get this call me at 209-450-0609

Sludge Puppy
12-17-2010, 04:28 PM
This weather is absolute shit, I am sweet enough, I am afraid if I drive down ill melt in the rain!

Big Red Bubba
12-17-2010, 04:56 PM
well add me in, there will be two of us! see all you guys there

RRauzer
12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Is is 6 o'clock, yet??? :bounce::beer::bounce:

marinespence
12-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Should be hitting road soon

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

jason mac
12-17-2010, 10:07 PM
That was fun. Good seeing everyone.

Sludge Puppy
12-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Hell Jason, you took off and didnt say bye, geesh. Great time, I just walked in the door so Rick and Jim probably wont get home till 1230. Lori (sp?), your story is safe with me, I promise not to tell Rick, and well Cruz... I promise to not post for at least 24 hours the "SMO..." that we learned about :):):):) Great time!

cruzcode
12-18-2010, 01:50 AM
That was fun. Good seeing everyone.

Jason, it was good to meet you and Mickey. Thanks for coming out.

RC

Hell Jason, you took off and didnt say bye, geesh. Great time, I just walked in the door so Rick and Jim probably wont get home till 1230. Lori (sp?), your story is safe with me, I promise not to tell Rick, and well Cruz... I promise to not post for at least 24 hours the "SMO..." that we learned about :):):):) Great time!

James/Jimmy,

Let me break this down scientifically for you... #1) You're right, I just got home. #2) You ARE going to tell me Lori's story! #3) There will be no posting of any incriminating comments.

:D :D :D :D :D

RC

cruzcode
12-18-2010, 01:51 AM
It was great to meet everyone!!!

RC

rubirobv
12-18-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make it. My workday turned into a 12hr nightmare. I went through all the emotions. Denial, Anger, Sadness, Acceptance. I was looking forward to it. I even drove by the place in betweeen jobs.

BTW, the place we used to go to, for beers after work was Marvin Gardens, not The Gate.

Family-jk
12-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Laurie and I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing those we have met previously again. I think Rick needs a big smooch. :laughing2: Got home around midnight. Can't wait until Sunday.

Sludge Puppy
12-18-2010, 10:03 AM
ha, Rick I promised I wouldnt post it on the forum, Jim didnt promise anything. BAHAHAHAHAHA SMOOCH!

Who needs enemies when you have friends like us :)

rubirobv
12-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Why are you guys stalking Rick? He's not a piece of meat you know. :D

RRauzer
12-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Ditto on good times meeting everyone! Some frick'n funny stories. Pretty cool seeing all the jeeps dominating the area outside the bar too.

--Mark

Eugene
12-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Had a blast!: Glad I could make it and I am so glad that you all are here! You all have taken NorCal to a new level. Met so old frends, met some new ones.
Sorry won't be able to make the run tomorrow, but will be thinking about you guys ( and the mud). Take care, and maybe we can make some new stories later. A hardy JKO :thefinger: to you all!:grinpimp:

R8R ROK
12-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Same here,

Had a blast , It was awesome hanging out with everyone. My wife had a great time as well. Nor Cal Kicks Ass :grinpimp:

Highlight of the night for me was seeing Jasons Cutts Crew (Godfather Hat) , Oh and also I got to meet someone that once had a detached heart. :D

Oh and Jeepin Green (Steve) Awesome choice on the bar that place was packed and fun, it was perfect.

cruzcode
12-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Oh and also I got to meet someone that once had a detached heart. :D

Nice plug! It was great to meet you guys!

RC

R8R ROK
12-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Nice plug! It was great to meet you guys!

RC
That story was crazy.

BIGROCZ
12-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like a cool M&G i missed. Oh well, gotta pay the bills....Weather went to shit so my 10 hr turned into a 12 hour shift. Hitting the run for sure tomorrow...anybody passing San Leandro and wants to roll down...drop me a line ....itsarush1320@gmail.com