Idiots on the Freeway [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Idiots on the Freeway

09rubicon
12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
So yesterday morning i am driving up over the Altamount, just like every other day. Traffic is moving along fine at about 30-40MPH.......everything normal, even have RawDog playing on the Sirius. When all of a sudden this little Scion or whatever you call them, the little boxy looking things, tries cutting in front of me. Now we are not talking close, that happens to everyone, we are talking THIS FUCK ACTUALLY HIT MY TIRE. As you can hear his little ricer drop gears to try and continue cutting traffic and get the fuck out of there I notice the huge hole/Crack/Destruction my tire placed on his bumper. I worked my way over to the next exit to check out my tire. Jeep drives fine and no damage to speak of on the tire/wheel (his bumper was plastic afterall). I managed to get a partial plate and called the CHP. They said no accident report was necassary if I didnt have any damage unless I wanted to press charges, which would be fruitless on a partial plate.

All in all the moral of the story is if you see a small yellow or gold colored Scion (xB I think, the boxy one) with some serious tire damage to his left rear bumper.......RUN OVER HIS ASS FOR ME!

Marcy
12-10-2010, 09:11 AM
580 sucks!

HOGGSTATUS
12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
So yesterday morning i am driving up over the Altamount, just like every other day. Traffic is moving along fine at about 30-40MPH.......everything normal, even have RawDog playing on the Sirius. When all of a sudden this little Scion or whatever you call them, the little boxy looking things, tries cutting in front of me. Now we are not talking close, that happens to everyone, we are talking THIS FUCK ACTUALLY HIT MY TIRE. As you can hear his little ricer drop gears to try and continue cutting traffic and get the fuck out of there I notice the huge hole/Crack/Destruction my tire placed on his bumper. I worked my way over to the next exit to check out my tire. Jeep drives fine and no damage to speak of on the tire/wheel (his bumper was plastic afterall). I managed to get a partial plate and called the CHP. They said no accident report was necassary if I didnt have any damage unless I wanted to press charges, which would be fruitless on a partial plate.

All in all the moral of the story is if you see a small yellow or gold colored Scion (xB I think, the boxy one) with some serious tire damage to his left rear bumper.......RUN OVER HIS ASS FOR ME!

Scott I would pull him out of his POS and hold him down as I call you to come "take care of it"

09rubicon
12-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Scott I would pull him out of his POS and hold him down as I call you to come "take care of it"

See, that right there is true friendship...thank you Jeff!:beer:

Eugene
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Good thing you weren't crashed out by that yahoo. He'll get what he deserves when he see's the bill for the damages. It's good that you called the CHP just in case the little asshat decides to come after you!. Happened to me once.

09rubicon
12-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Good thing you weren't crashed out by that yahoo. He'll get what he deserves when he see's the bill for the damages. It's good that you called the CHP just in case the little asshat decides to come after you!. Happened to me once.

Yeah. When he made contact with the tire it wanted to push me in the other lane, thankfully I was between cigarettes so i had both hands on the wheel to maintain control!

Family-jk
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
It pisses me off when fuckers cut you off like that. Like they really get that much further in traffic. I had some asshole do that to me in a big rig semi on I-5 heading towards so-cal. He found out real quick that my Peterbuilt could go 110 mps. I scared the shit out of him and I laughed my ass off. :D Not that I had any road rage or anything :smokin:

marinespence
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Ditto

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

chromedome
12-10-2010, 10:13 AM
I had some dick head do the same thing to me a few years back. He intentionally tried to merge into me and push me into the concrete k-rail. I held my ground as he dragged the left side of his mini-truck along the right front corner of my Steel ARB Bull bumper! When he looked in his rearview mirror and realized ALL of the damage was to his truck and nothing happened to me, he started violently pounding on his steering wheel. I had a greater chance of crashing 'cause I was laughing so hard. When i pulled over he took off. :thefinger: :mr-t:

Glad to hear it worked out OK for you too!

Marcy
12-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Ditto

Pretty sure the dude driving the Scion would Kung Fu your ass before Scott could get there.

HOGGSTATUS
12-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Pretty sure the dude driving the Scion would Kung Fu your ass before Scott could get there.

You don't know me that well Marcy!! I'm very deceiving in my appearance!! Kung Fu isn't going to help anyone.

marinespence
12-10-2010, 10:54 AM

you dont know jeff very well...

09rubicon
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Jeff is pretty scrappy, I would give him a fighting chance with anyone.

Marcy
12-10-2010, 11:08 AM
you dont know jeff very well...

I wasn't talking about Jeff, I was talking you.

marinespence
12-10-2010, 12:12 PM
I wasn't talking about Jeff, I was talking you.

Your funny I spent a week in a Japanese jail cell last time someone tried to kung fu me.

Marcy
12-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Your funny I spent a week in a Japanese jail cell last time someone tried to kung fu me.

For your own safety, I hope a girl owns the Scion :laughing:

R8R ROK
12-10-2010, 12:30 PM

WHAT ??????

Damm man please enlighten us in your thread.

marinespence
12-10-2010, 12:51 PM
For your own safety, I hope a girl owns the Scion :laughing:

i dont harm girls.

marinespence
12-10-2010, 12:51 PM
WHAT ??????

Damm man please enlighten us in your thread.

i will post up after i finish the job im on.

cruzcode
12-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I've got you, Scott!

RC

nootherride
12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
So happy im not in the bay anymore:laughing: i have seen some bad turnouts to road rage...had a friend setup carjacked and shot/ grazed in the side the head over what he thought was road rage...

nootherride
12-10-2010, 04:26 PM
On a side note i vote FLAME THROWER front bumper mod:pissed:

09rubicon
12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
On a side note i vote FLAME THROWER front bumper mod:pissed:

Naaa. I am generally not a road rage type person, life is to short, but I am usually packing heat just for self defense. Difference between me and the other guy is I know how and when to use mine!

rubirobv
12-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Today my coworker asks me to drive the company van while he has something to eat. Normally he drives. We are between jobs and I'm merging on to 680 north at Mission Blvd . We have a douchebag acting like a bumpersticker behind us and as we get to the merge lane he shoots out from behind me and passes me before I can merge into traffic. He looks at me and throws his hand in the air so I gave him one of these :thefinger:. He waits until I'm in traffic and slams on his breaks in front of me, forcing me to slam on my breaks and almost hitting him. Then, he comes along side of me and trys to force me off the road. I'm looking right at him and he's acting like a fool, with his head back , shaking back and forth and tongue hanging out. Then he drives off ahead of me.

I'm pretty pissed off at this point and it dawns on me that my wife's good friend is a CHP officer. I call her right away, tell her what's going on,road rage blah blah blah... She calls her friend and gets a direct line to CHP dispatch.

We pass the truck scales at the Sunol Grade, as a CHP cruiser rolls out and gets this guy about 1/2 mile ahead of us and has him pulled over as we drive by . The guy points at me like I'm at fault so I waved :thefinger: back again.

I was impressed by CHP response to say the least and yes, I know that I instigated the matter with a friendly wave but what I did is not against the law and I'm happy that guy got nailed.

Now, I don't know if my coworker will want me to drive anymore but I didn't want to drive to begin with. :thefinger:

Sludge Puppy
12-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Rubi, that is hilarious! Glad all worked out ok. I have hit 3 people in my jeep due to something similar to the original story. Most hilarious was this douche in a mercedes that thought swerving into my lane twice i would back up so he could get in my lane. If he would have used his blinker i would have let him in. Well the he did the two quick swerves my way and the third actually came into my lane, well my tire was even with his rear tire and I had a fun ride as my tire ripped into his qtr panel and munched it. He stopped and was yelling at me (former State Highway Patrol, I know the laws well) Said was my fault yada yada, local cop was behind us the whole time and cited the other driver, told me nice jeep and went on his way :) Fun times

StubEXrube
12-11-2010, 12:33 PM
....I know that I instigated the matter with a friendly wave but what I did is not against the law and I'm happy that guy got nailed.

You were simply providing a Public Service for notifying him that he was an asshole. :beer:

cruzcode
12-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Rob, outstanding. Pure and simple.

RC