Best Replacement Headlight Bulbs [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Best Replacement Headlight Bulbs

jtphoto JK
11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Silvania SilverStar or GE NightHawks? Or is there another better option? At this point I don't want to rewire in a new HID system..

venom
11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Silverstars help a little, add a few bucks and you can do it right, Delta full headlight upgrade runs $100 and makes a major difference.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2623&highlight=delta+install

Grant211
11-04-2008, 06:37 AM
i got the silverstar head and fog lights. I could tell a huge difference once i replaced them.

Silverstar now has the ULTRA's out which are suppose to be brighter/whiter than the regular silverstars.

If you go to sylvania.com you can probably find a rebate form for the lights and save a few extra bucks

FL JEEPN
11-04-2008, 06:39 AM
H4 conversion...best money you will spend on your Jeep. Get Cibie's or Hella's. I've had them, they are great. I'm in the process of buying Cibie's now! You can do much better than the Delta upgrade for the same cash. Upgrade your harness too. You're probably not getting the full 14 volts to the lights with the stock wiring. An upgraded harness will allow the full 14 volts to the lights...that alone will make them brighter.

John L
11-06-2008, 08:08 AM
H4 conversion...best money you will spend on your Jeep. Get Cibie's or Hella's. I've had them, they are great. I'm in the process of buying Cibie's now! You can do much better than the Delta upgrade for the same cash. Upgrade your harness too. You're probably not getting the full 14 volts to the lights with the stock wiring. An upgraded harness will allow the full 14 volts to the lights...that alone will make them brighter.

X2. I won't rehash what I've already written over several posts, but do the conversion. I did the CIBIE's.

venom
11-06-2008, 08:58 AM
H4 conversion...best money you will spend on your Jeep. You can do much better than the Delta upgrade for the same cash.

Just curious what your beef is with the Deltas?
I love mine and $95 for the glass and H4 conversion is pretty darn reasonable - hell a set of Silverstar bulbs is $40!

Admittedly, a harness upgrade is a big boost too, but just dropping the Deltas in and plugging the adapter harnesses in made a HUGE difference over my stockers with the Silverstars.

FL JEEPN
11-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Just curious what your beef is with the Deltas?
I love mine and $95 for the glass and H4 conversion is pretty darn reasonable - hell a set of Silverstar bulbs is $40!

Admittedly, a harness upgrade is a big boost too, but just dropping the Deltas in and plugging the adapter harnesses in made a HUGE difference over my stockers with the Silverstars.

I suppose I have no real beef with Delta...I do have experience with Hella's and have a set of Cibie's in the mail, should have them tomorrow. From all the research I've done, it goes like this....Marchals (175 each), Cibie's (75 each), Hella's (70 each with bulbs), and then others. I've read many posts regarding which is better and people that bought one brand or another, then saw hella's or Cibie's and bought one of them soon after.

So, I have no personal experience with the Delta's, but have done a lot of research.

GunnersJK
11-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I went with the Phillips Extreme Power XP bulbs. Quick and easy, and a pretty dramatic change in output. Now they are sufficient, and almost as good as my wife's Honda van.