Does Anyone Have Any Braided Lines? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Does Anyone Have Any Braided Lines?

cruzcode
12-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Here is the deal... I need one or two 5' (or longer) braided lines, to work with my ARB setup. I have one line, but it isn't quite long enough, and I need a second line.

If anybody has some in NorCal, I need them this weekend, and will buy them from you.

I know this is random, but if I don't ask, then someone later on will say "I wish you would have asked, because I have like 50 of them in the garage!"

Thanks in advance!

RC

JKDinker
12-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Here is the deal... I need one or two 5' (or longer) braided lines, to work with my ARB setup. I have one line, but it isn't quite long enough, and I need a second line.

If anybody has some in NorCal, I need them this weekend, and will buy them from you.

I know this is random, but if I don't ask, then someone later on will say "I wish you would have asked, because I have like 50 of them in the garage!"

Thanks in advance!

RC

Call Extreme Gear in Rancho Cordova, I bought my stainless steel ARB lines from him. He had a roll of it. I gave him my measurements off of my length of blue line I had. He also had the weird ARB fittings that screw into the Dynatrac ARB's. Its a funny thread if I remember right. Goodluck. Larry

cruzcode
12-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Call Extreme Gear in Rancho Cordova, I bought my stainless steel ARB lines from him. He had a roll of it. I gave him my measurements off of my length of blue line I had. He also had the weird ARB fittings that screw into the Dynatrac ARB's. Its a funny thread if I remember right. Goodluck. Larry

Larry, thanks for the referral, as it sounds solid. Unfortunately I just tried them and they are closed on the weekends. Thank you for the referral though; it's always good to have shops on-hand that are relatively nearby.

RC

cruzcode
12-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Got em'! Called 4 Wheel Parts, and while they didn't have them, they were cool enough to forward me to "Bell & Gaines" in Modesto. Bell & Gaines is a performance store & machine shop that has been there since 1970.

They had my lines on the shelf!

Pho (owner) and Bob (machinist) are down to earth, knowledgable, and very helpful. Cool cats!

I would highly recommend them based on my experience, for those of you in the area.

RC

JKDinker
12-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Got em'! Called 4 Wheel Parts, and while they didn't have them, they were cool enough to forward me to "Bell & Gaines" in Modesto. Bell & Gaines is a performance store & machine shop that has been there since 1970.

They had my lines on the shelf!

Pho (owner) and Bob (machinist) are down to earth, knowledgable, and very helpful. Cool cats!

I would highly recommend them based on my experience, for those of you in the area.

RC

Good job on the hunt! Close too! :beer:

cruzcode
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Good job on the hunt! Close too! :beer:

Thanks, Larry! Yeah, I was fairly pumped when they referred me. They seemed hesitant at first, but when I explained that I needed to get it together for an event tonight, they gave up the goods. :D

RC

JKDinker
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks, Larry! Yeah, I was fairly pumped when they referred me. They seemed hesitant at first, but when I explained that I needed to get it together for an event tonight, they gave up the goods. :D

RC

Very cool. You will be very happy. I melted my blue line last year on that snow run. It sucks bigtime. Now you wont have a problem. :beer:

cruzcode
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Very cool. You will be very happy. I melted my blue line last year on that snow run. It sucks bigtime. Now you wont have a problem. :beer:

Man, how do you melt a plastic line in the SNOW???

That sounds like it takes effort! :beer:

RC

JKDinker
12-04-2010, 08:58 PM
That is funny! Worst is you cant turn on either one if you have a air leak. I was the leader and got stuck before we even started. It was a little embarrassing. So now I'm dialed, so I think. :laughing: It always breaks. Always!!!! :beer:
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss171/JKDinker/016-1.jpg

cruzcode
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
That is funny! Worst is you cant turn on either one if you have a air leak. I was the leader and got stuck before we even started. It was a little embarrassing. So now I'm dialed, so I think. :laughing: It always breaks. Always!!!! :beer:
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss171/JKDinker/016-1.jpg

Do you not have seperate switches and solenoids for your lockers? If one plastic line burnt up, then you deactivate that switch/solenoid/locker, and roll with the other, right?

Man, I UNDERSTAND about breakages! I am Mr. Murphy's Law!

RC

JKDinker
12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I do now! Didnt before. :beer:

cruzcode
12-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I do now! Didnt before. :beer:

I finished tonight. She's done, but not completely dialed. I have some miscellaneous odds & ends and ends to knock out, but overall it's ready; stainless lines and all!

RC

crusty1007
12-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Is it really done though?

Do you need to send those extra fittings back or did you end up using them?

:beer:

JKDinker
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM

Hey I need to call you! I need some parts. Larry :laughing:

cruzcode
12-06-2010, 10:29 PM

Hey bro... Yeah, I think she's 95% done. Plus, I need to get with Drew and confirm something that came to me in the middle of the night (get your mind out of the gutter), regarding the SS bracketry for the track bar bracket...

I need to get a nail out of the tire, fix the pull to the right that the alignment shop couldn't fix, change the diff lube, and test the lockers on jackstands. Other than that, I just need to fill the cooler, and do this.

I'll send you those fittings back for a credit. Were the RCVs a gift? :D

RC

crusty1007
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey I need to call you! I need some parts. Larry :laughing:

805-706-0232
That's my direct line. :beer:

Hey bro... Yeah, I think she's 95% done. Plus, I need to get with Drew and confirm something that came to me in the middle of the night (get your mind out of the gutter), regarding the SS bracketry for the track bar bracket...

I need to get a nail out of the tire, fix the pull to the right that the alignment shop couldn't fix, change the diff lube, and test the lockers on jackstands. Other than that, I just need to fill the cooler, and do this.

I'll send you those fittings back for a credit. Were the RCVs a gift? :D

RC

You should have Email.

cruzcode
12-09-2010, 05:54 PM
805-706-0232
That's my direct line. :beer:
You should have Email.

Got it! Will try to get them out tomorrow.

RC